Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-exam Beers. Porterhouse, 25th May! Be there!

Options
  • 17-05-2006 2:49pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, the other thread got a bit ridiculous, so this thread is an attempt to get it right.

There are three options for the beers straight after the exams:
    25th;
    28th;
    29th.

I would go for the 28th because it's a Saturday. The problem with the 29th is that it's a Sunday, and pubs close at 11.30, and I'm not sure what the deal is with the clubs.

Anyway, I'm hoping I won't have to edit this one too much, but if another date becomes popular, I will look at editing the poll.

We can try to accommodate as many people as possible, but remember that this beers is somewhat of a Good-bye peachy beers, so it would be great if we could arrange a day that suits her. The 26th, 27th and 2nd do not suit her.

Which date suits best? (Multiple choice) 32 votes

25th;
    0% 0 votes
    28th;
    56% 18 votes
    29th.
    43% 14 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I would go for the 28th because it's a Saturday. The problem with the 29th is that it's a Sunday, and pubs close at 11.30, and I'm not sure what the deal is with the clubs.

25th is a Thursday, 28th is a Sunday and 29th is a Monday :p

I can go on any of those, so whatever is handiest for everyone else is fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Isn't that sweet Hullaballoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I can make any of the dates for a few hours at least. Longer if I start early ;)

Of course, if I don't get my summer job, there's no problem with either the 28th or 29th, but with the state of my finances atm that doesn't bear thinking about!

A mod with a heart...who'd have thunk it! :p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

25th is a Thursday, 28th is a Sunday and 29th is a Monday
    I just went bald.

• Advertisement

I just went bald.

Roffle!

It's great fun trying to organise the beers, isn't it?! ;)

*edit* 3,000th post \o/ Only took me 4 years! See, I'm not a spammer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

that weekend is also a bank holiday so the pubs will prob be open longer on the sunday no???

I think it's the following weekend. 5th of June is the bank holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Whenever, wherever etc! Well....whenever and wherever before June. I imagine I'll be expected to perform tasks in return for some sort of monetary gain at that juncture....damn that makes me sound like a prostitute, I really just meant that this job thing is a bit foreign.....stupid getting old and responsible.

To conclude....beers!! Soon!! Woot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I think it's the following weekend. 5th of June is the bank holiday Monday.

ya sorry it was coloured in red on my calender and i thought it was, but its just in Britland and NI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Any of the three for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

*edit* 3,000th post \o/ Only took me 4 years! See, I'm not a spammer!
    FINE! OKAY! I GET IT! I'M SORRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :p

Anyway, yes, any of the three are good for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

28th is the night before bad week's first exam, the 29th is the first day of bad week.

So I'm rolling for a 25!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's looking very like the 25th to me! I reckon we should make a decision on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm not free for any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

It's looking very like the 25th to me! I reckon we should make a decision on this.
    I hope so cos the 25th is the only one I can really make

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Pythia wrote:
    I'm not free for any.
    Who's going to nominate themselves to stand in as the "Most Lickable Poster" then?

besty wrote:
    Who's going to nominate themselves to stand in as the "Most Lickable Poster" then?

Maybe B-K-DzR will be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I nominate myself as Most Huggable. I like hugs- give me loads of them at beers. Actually...*counts*.....I've already been hugged by about 7 boardsies...it's not a bad record....of course, some of you give better hug than others....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Maybe B-K-DzR will be there
    I shall be there but ill pass up the opportunity to possibly become most lickable* poster(stand in). The dog slobbers on me enough.

I second elmyras most huggable.

*Edit: i somehow managed most kicable (and yes i kow thats spelt wrong :p )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I ought to be in attendance at this :D Hooray, beers!

Well the 25th is one vote ahead. It's a Thursday and so could be better craic than the Monday, but again I don't mind. I voted for all three so I'll let Hullaballoo make the decision :)

Right, UCD boards beers is on the 25th May. Hope all and sundry can make it! I'll do an announcement thingy, but it will be after Cloud's one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Should be at this if work doesnt get in the way which it shouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yep I should probably be in attendance......would like to say goodbye to the peach after all the grief Ive caused her:o :( hopefully a shot of tequilla may make up for it:D
    Will be bringing a few non boardies too..probablly soph(sure most of u know her anyway) and a few other tag alongs

Venue?

I know we always do the Porterhouse but it's kind of tradition so can I be a pain and ask that we have it there?

:o

Oh sorry, I forgot to include that in my post. It's in the forum announcement though! I reckon the Porterhouse would be most appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ill definitly be there where ever it is, 25 is great for me. Poterhouse is good but variety is the spice of life. I suggest Mssrs or Doyles or what I think would be great craic: The Buttery or the pav. Any takers? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'd have to go for the Porterhouse for Peachy's sendoff.

• Advertisement

Ill definitly be there where ever it is, 25 is great for me. Poterhouse is good but variety is the spice of life. I suggest Mssrs or Doyles or what I think would be great craic: The Buttery or the pav. Any takers? :D

Lollers...I'm not going to my last UCD beers in a Trinity bar! :p

Also, we generally do end up in Doyles at the end of the night which is always good craic. Messrs is seriously lacking in the atmosphere department.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement