Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-exam Beers. Porterhouse, 25th May! Be there!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah here can we go somewhere other than doylers? ri-ra's maybe? the gay-it-ee? major toms?
    somewhere hip and to the groove so we can get funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Kopperberg mixed fruits ftw!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cant wait!
    I've been drinking Bulmers and black lately but its a poor substitute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ferdi wrote:
    yeah here can we go somewhere other than doylers? ri-ra's maybe?

I reckon anywhere that you don't have to pay in and has a pretty lax dress-code will be considered. Only ever been in rí-rá's at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I reckon anywhere that you don't have to pay in and has a pretty lax dress-code will be considered. Only ever been in rí-rá's at the weekend.

Also, dancing. Somewhere with dancing would be much appreciated. :D

yeah, we all have to get extermely GiGGY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The gaiety would be cool for the late opening given last time we stood outside doyles til almost 5....well, us hardcore kids did. :D

elmyra wrote:
    The gaiety would be cool for the late opening given last time we stood outside doyles til almost 5....well, us hardcore kids did. :D

The late opening sounds cool, but is it pay-in? My current state of poverty does not like the notion of having to pay an entrance fee. :rolleyes:

actually yeah the gaitey is a fortune in...maybe not on a week day though...its a nice club all the same, quite sophistomicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ferdi wrote:
    ,quite sophistomicated.

Well thats the Gaiety out.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I likes Major Toms... the perfect amount of cheese on the dancefloor the last few times I was there... granted, it's been a while, but none-the-less. And I can't remember having to pay in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ri-Ra is a great spot (one of the better clubs in town, not so full of mongs) but tis pay in. iirc its about a tenner, and my pocket no like :P then again i might not even be there for this so... :p

Blush_01 wrote:
    I likes Major Toms... the perfect amount of cheese on the dancefloor the last few times I was there... granted, it's been a while, but none-the-less. And I can't remember having to pay in...
    yeah its free in and they played classic chewnz from the early /mid 90s last time i was there, 'rhythm is a dancer' and the like, we were giving it loads on the floor:D

they also have pitchers of fosters WOOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I might end up in Lillies on my own again (rubbing myself up against Bono at the bar and looking over he urinals in the toilets at Andrea Corr's piece)

&#231 wrote: »
    Ri-Ra is a great spot (one of the better clubs in town, not so full of mongs) but tis pay in. iirc its about a tenner, and my pocket no like :P then again i might not even be there for this so... :p

Nah, so we don't have to listen to you so. :p

IMHO, anywhere we pay in isn't a good suggestion. We could be spending that money on alcohol! :D

Never been to major tom's iirc, but it sounds like a good suggestion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Grimes wrote:
    I might end up in Lillies on my own again (rubbing myself up against Bono at the bar and looking over he urinals in the toilets at Andrea Corr's piece)

Lillies is over-rated. Renards ftw.

oh we should all go to renards and wreck the place. Doyles is already wrecked but somehow i think we'll end up there anyway. Is it still a late bar on a weeknight? Also,get jobs ya lazy bums and pay the €10 into The Viper Lounge and drink till 4am :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:

Haha that reminds me went to lillies after Flannerys on Saturday night to meet Bon Jovi.
    Left after 10mins cos it was crap and bon jovi wasnt there and went back to coppers..How my mate got into lillies wearing a munster top and red cowboy hat il never know!
    Flannerys and Coppers/whelans ftw....Porterhouse is soooooooooo 6 weeks ago!!

Grimes wrote:
    oh we should all go to renards and wreck the place. Doyles is already wrecked but somehow i think we'll end up there anyway. Is it still a late bar on a weeknight? Also,get jobs ya lazy bums and pay the €10 into The Viper Lounge and drink till 4am :D:D

If you want a place you can wreck without making it look any worse than it already is then Hartigans is the place!

panda100 wrote:
    Flannerys and Coppers/whelans ftw....Porterhouse is soooooooooo 6 weeks ago!!

I havnt been to coppers myself but from the stories i have heard and the nickname "Slappers or Slapper Face Jacks" I wouldnt want to go. Guys actually avoid the place because the women are too easy and a little scumbaggie. Flannery's and Whelans are the way forward imo

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Well thats the Gaiety out.... :p
    Pity really, as I like the place. But it is an expensive place! Not only to get in.
    Grimes wrote:
    Disturbing. Just disturbing :eek:
    Hermione* wrote:
    IMHO, anywhere we pay in isn't a good suggestion. We could be spending that money on alcohol!
    Seconded!!!!!
    :)
    Hermione* wrote:
    Never been to major tom's iirc, but it sounds like a good suggestion
    I have never heard of that place. Where is it? What kind of place is it?

• Advertisement

meowCat wrote:

I have never heard of that place. Where is it? What kind of place is it?

Its underneath St Stephens green shopping centre near wagamamma??It used to be called down under. Im not a big fan tbh,the lights are very bright so you dont really feel like your out,I like dark lightsi n a night club so i can hide my hideaous dance moves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

The Viper Lounge and drink till 4am
    Is that that smallish place on the quays?

As has been said, the Gaiety is a great spot. Only been in there a few times tho but was always impressed. It is expensive tho (both in and the drinks).

I say we just see where people wanna go on Thursday. Im easy* on where we go afterwards. I may not have a job but i aint been out (no no even last saturday :() since last day of year so i just wanna have a good night and screw the price. That said i know others be on a budget so lets just see what people wanna do.

*please not coppers (slappers for me will always be paparazi's or whatever its now called in Dun Laoghaire). It puts coppers to shame.

Pythia wrote:

Not a fan of either tbh. Vastly overrated imo, but meh.

I've never been to coppers before, and I'm not breaking that for you guys, sorry! :D

we're not seriously considering going to coppers are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

no :) ...i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I am not going near the guards, teachers and nurses, alright?!?

ferdi wrote:

we are in my pooper

ferdi wrote:

No. Please God, tell me not! :eek:
    &#231 wrote: »
    I am not going near the guards, teachers and nurses, alright?!?

Thought you were too busy to make it ... studying or some such? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Hell no to Coppers! Hell no!

I'm still going for the Gaiety. Who cares about the price people it's our end of year night out*

*yep, easy knowing I don't drink

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    Hell no to Coppers! Hell no!

I'm still going for the Gaiety. Who cares about the price people it's our end of year night out*

*yep, easy knowing I don't drink

I'm soooo poor! I have no money to feed myself, and have to last another two weeks before the parental stipend next comes! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement