Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-exam Beers. Porterhouse, 25th May! Be there!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I've to go to the dressmaker tomorrow (poxy bridesmaid crap) so I'll be in town early-ish. Should be in the pub around 7, 7:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Hmm, well I will be moving my wordly belongings(ALL of them, boo! :() into my new room tomorrow, so I have no idea if I'll be early or not. But since the move sounds stressful, and I haven't had a drink in about a month, you shall definitely see me by 8/9pm. ;)y

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Agh! I just found out I have to leave the house at 7 on Friday morning! It looks like Thursday's going to be a dry night for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Grimes wrote:
    Im deffo barred from capital so lets not go there. :o

meh, you're not the only one. I'm barred from there too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Actually coppers or no coppers il probably be able to meet ya's later on if you guys head on somewhere after the porter house. So might meander into the porterhouse round half 11 or so! Am gagging for one of those choclate beers again(yuck!) cya all then!!

(oh and elmyra will ya clear some space in your inbox peas:) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Looks more like we'll have 2 post exam beers groups. One for the early shift and one for the late one.
    I'll be in rather earlyish as I have to work the next morning.

*EDIT: I hope these people who seem to be barred from an aweful lot of places will entertain us well with the stories behind that. At least, I'm curious now!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Eh, I won't be there to be helpful by pointing out where toilets are, holding back hair, restraining Grimes, etc.

Sailing instead. Sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

booooooooo :(

We going to PorterHouse Central right?

No, the proper porterhouse. porterhouse central is/was judge roy beans.

umm, isnt that the other one? :p
    I shall bow to your widsom however since you go to trinity and therefore probably know it better than me ;)

I meant the one opposite turks head.

• Advertisement

Technically the original porterhouse is in bray, but we'll ignore that for a mo. they then moved the flagship pub (which incorporates the microbrewery) into the current spot. added to that is the porterhouse North out glasnevin direction, one in Covent Garden in London and one in Barnes.

which one now? :confused:
    Temple Bar, Parliament Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

meowCat wrote:
    which one now? :confused:
    Temple Bar, Parliament Street?
    this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

&#231 wrote: »
    meh, you're not the only one. I'm barred from there too :D

Hmmm, wonder why? :p Also, thought you were too busy to grace us with your presence? ;)
    B-K-DzR wrote:
    umm, isnt that the other one? :p
    I shall bow to your widsom however since you go to trinity and therefore probably know it better than me ;)

Please don't encourage him :D

On beerage related news, I shall definitely be later rather than earlier. The flatmates are showing no sign of moving out on time, despite rumours that they may be gone yesterday. This will definitely delay my arrival. I need alcohol!!! :mad:

I consider that one PortherHouse Central. Dont ask me why, probably cos i consider it more central than ex-JRB. Anyway now that thats cleared up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

so hull is going for 6.30, peachy for 7, what about the rest of ye, I was thinking 830ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I shall be along in my new dress earlyish, around seven thirty.

*glares at certain female boardsies who've promised to wear dresses also*
    Do it or I'll cry, and nobody wants to see Waterworks Elmyra, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I will wear my dress. I promise. If I'm the only one in a dress though, skin, teeth and hair will fly.

that would be a sight worth seeing ;)
    I plan to get there around 7.30-8.
    Probably closer to 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Blush_01 wrote:
    I will wear my dress. I promise. If I'm the only one in a dress though, skin, teeth and hair will fly.

Nah I'll definitely wear mine, *strokes pretty dress*, I loves it, and the shoes match it so well *hugs sparkly shoes* ......even if SOMEBODY isn't such a fan of dresses *glares at unspecified boardsie*. We'll be loveleh!

Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

Well I'm not the hugest fan of the auld gúnaí myself, (please excuse possible inappropriate fada usage) but for tomorrow I'm making an effort. An effort that involves plenty of rubbery grip things. Now, if I ever hear any of you saying I don't love you lot ever again...

Also, I have forgotten what I was going to say. But I aim to be in earlyish with Elmyra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Blush_01 wrote:
    plenty of rubbery grip things
    :confused::confused:

You're a boy, you wouldn't get it. (One example - I hate tights [possible allergy, woohoo!], the alternatives involve grippy shít.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

can i ask who is actually going?

Blush_01 wrote:
    An effort that involves plenty of rubbery grip things.
    Oh jeee. Underwear talk. In public. *meblushingindeepred*
    I take it, you have plans to educate the ignorant by presenting a lil demo of the rubber yokes :p
    Grimes wrote:
    can i ask who is actually going?

Me.
    Something 7ish.

Elmyra, I thought this is just some relaxed beers...why all that effort?! :confused:
    I think I've missed something. But I'm a bit thick anyways...:cool:

The woman make an effort and us lads show up in regular casuals.
    Sounds about standard for the course.

Nah dont think you missed anything, plan was to be fairly informal i thought, think elmyra convinvced the others as she wanted to show off her new dress and not be alone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

So is attendence at this knees up gonna be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

sounds like somone out there wants to get lucky!

"that would post faster from my laptop ;);) "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Pffft...drunkeness deserves comfort.

Runners all the way :)

• Advertisement

But... but... she said she'd cry... and the dresses are SO pretty! (And wait until you see her shoes... oh jesus, Elmyra, what have you done to me!)

Jeez, can nobody ever just dress up for the fun of it anymore? :eek:
    meowCat wrote:
    Oh jeee. Underwear talk. In public. *meblushingindeepred*
    I take it, you have plans to educate the ignorant by presenting a lil demo of the rubber yokes :p

Hmmm... heel grips and party feet? Will they really be that interested in the demonstration?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement