Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fraudulent dealers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Charming response there, wouldn't exactly encourage me to go buy a car off them!!

As for the ads, I'd say they're diifernet cars, just the dealers using the same pictures maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't think thats the textbook way to "nail down a sale"!!

Cheeky fcuker. I wouldn't be too inclined to make a purchase from that shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Showing their true colours as a dealer I think. I would post their reponse on an Irish motoring boards I could fine TBH.

Don't know if you would get very far with the False Advertising thing though as "you honour it was a simple technical mistake". However you tried to correct them. This goes on so much in the Dealership that deal with Jap cars as the spec varies so much with the European models. You could call the Advertising Standards Body and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

that is some cheek of them,a lot of them Japanese imports look dodgy to me so they do.prefer irish or UK models any day of the week.more peace of mind with them.,That is my opinion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Not the most well considered reply, however your approach wasnt exactly subtle. Personally it would perhaps have been better to ask if the car pictured was the one for sale, or just library pictures. If they are library pics, then ask if they could email pics of the genuine article, just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 undercover1

mfitzy wrote:
    Charming response there, wouldn't exactly encourage me to go buy a car off them!!

As for the ads, I'd say they're diifernet cars, just the dealers using the same pictures maybe.

If this is the cars you must specify that the photo is for illustration purposes only.

The_Magoo wrote:
    Not the most well considered reply, however your approach wasnt exactly subtle. Personally it would perhaps have been better to ask if the car pictured was the one for sale, or just library pictures. If they are library pics, then ask if they could email pics of the genuine article, just a suggestion.

I wasn't trying to be subtle, I wanted to see the reaction thy'd give when caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

I wasn't trying to be subtle, I wanted to see the reaction thy'd give when caught out.
    Granted, but if you try to hold them responsible, they can state they are library pics, however if they do confirm that the pictures shown are of the car in question, then you can nail them, stating fraudulent advertising. I thought that all advertising was "invitation to treat" and as such can be withdrawn by the seller at any stage. Or is that just pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've seen lots of dodgy looking cars from that pr1ck on carzone over the last few months. How much would you bet that he's trading without being registered for vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

The ad states 17,703 km but the odometer appears to read 19,545!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This could be all the one operation selling the same cars; note how all the addresses are the same i.e. Eastwall Rd in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It all sounds very suspect to me. I'd keep well clear - just in case!

That's within (or right beside) Dublin port afaik. Probably selling them right out of the containers!

Stephen wrote:
    I've seen lots of dodgy looking cars from that pr1ck on carzone over the last few months. How much would you bet that he's trading without being registered for vat?

I know, he is a dealer I've kept my eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Stephen wrote:
    That's within (or right beside) Dublin port afaik. Probably selling them right out of the containers!

Yup - right beside the Port. I used to work out there, and it's just massive car parks full of performance Jap imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I think you should email this thread to him...

PERFORMANCE CARZ DUBLIN SUCKS lol...

I'm gonna forward this thread onto CruiseIRL and RacersHaven ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting and while my first instinct was to close and bin this thread I think those ads are pretty damning, trading under mutliple aliases is deffo dodgy and I would'nt mind speculating that none of them are to be found on his vat returns.

He also has at least 5 mobile numbers.

I imagine there are a number of peeps who have bought from him who might catch this thread so any feedback welcome.

Mike.

I doubt this **** is legal:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=413722

Selling a 1.3 turbo with "Glanza 1.3 TURBO, NICEST IN THE REPUBLIC!!!1.3 on book"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

They are clearly not library pics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It is Legal mate!! The car is only a 1.3!! If you want valid insurance you have to inform them that its a turbo!!

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote:

Selling a 1.3 turbo with "Glanza 1.3 TURBO, NICEST IN THE REPUBLIC!!!1.3 on book"

Perfectly legal. The CC is correct on the log book.

It's upto the person who buys it to insure it as a turbo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Thats the type of guy you would love to see on TV.
    First on Prime Time, then Crime Line and finally on the 6 o'clock news coming out of court in handcuffs!!! :D

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Only illegal if the declare the wrong engine size, but I think you have to declare all the extras for VRT. There was someone declaring a skyline 2.6 as a 2.0 on the book last week. Different dealer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stephen wrote:

Stated mileage, and photo of odometer do not match up on this car either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

There was another thread recently about this guy. Check the stated mileage versus the pictures in the following links:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=412983
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=403938

'Would sir like a haircut?'

prospect wrote:
    Stated mileage, and photo of odometer do not match up on this car either.

lol :)

Do they not have to declare the fact that it has a turbo to the vrt too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

JohnCleary wrote:
    Perfectly legal. The CC is correct on the log book.

If its non stated as tubo on the logbook then its been vrt'd incorrectly - ie hes saved maby a grand by regging it as a granny starlet.

From what im aware theres alot of these companies are infact 1 actual company down in the docks but they use spin off names and change them frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Ha....this lad is a chancer.

Check this one out:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=413861

mileage quoted as 11,000 but odometer shows 112,000...what a muppett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Rule 1. Never buy a "trade" car from someone listing just mobile numbers.

However, thats not saying theres anything dodgy about the cars. They are newly imported from Japan and are different specs, two are listed as having CD players, the other one isn't. They are quite possibly 3 different cars, or ads that the pictures don't match the vehicle, there'd be plenty of Celicas down in the docks just in from Japan.

And the original poster was not enquiring to buy a car, from the mail its obvious you have no interest in buying, just pointing out what may have been a mistake.

Theres also no mention anywhere that a warranty is available, which if they are just reselling the imports, you'd expect as much.

One of the companies listed is a registered company, so you may well be mixing up someone whos trading properly with others that aren't.

Advertisement