Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fraudulent dealers

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

parsi wrote:
    I imagine that would in some way contravene the acceptable use policy of the Revenue's email... ? It would be fairly similar to sending it out on headed paper. It may come back to haunt ya.

Nope mate, your allowed so much personal use of the email system and I am making a genuine enquiry about a car that I am interested in!! I can't access my other email accounts in work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

carman1985 wrote:
    If You Can Actually See The Mileage On The Odometer Reading Itself Who Cares Wat The Add Says??????? Its There In A Picture So Wats The Fuss??? You Guys Are Reading Into This Far Too Much,

The other thing is most of these cars haven't been VRT'd yet and don't have a number plate,so shouldn't be driven on the public roads (except for garage plate, which should be small mileage i.e. from dock to garage.) so having 600 or more km's extra on the clock shouldn't be happening.(Unless the dealer is driving them around!!)

The mileage/Km's stated in the ad should be correct, as the picture could be taken 2 months ago or be a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭johnser

Ha, About time this was spotted.

I actually went out to have a look at a car there before for the missus. While she was out test driving the car, I had a good look around at the cars in the lot. A mixture of Type R's, MR-2's, Skylines's you know the mix.

Anyway every car they had, had damage which was badly repaired. It looks like they buy Grade R's and sell them on as Grade 3.5's or better. I asked the guy out there if he had the auction sheets and said that they would get one written up for me. Alas about turn and run.

What I think is happening here, is this company is actually trading as 3 or 4 companies and they all use the same stock of cars which is why the same car is being advertised in different locations. As for the milage, thats anyones guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I still have no reply!! Here is the email I sent to them::::::

Original Message
    Sent: 18 May 2006 15:18
    To: 'per4mancecarz@hotmail.com'
    Subject: Toyota Levin

Hi,

I am looking at getting a Toyota Levin BZR in the next couple of weeks! I would just like to know what ones you have in stock at the moment?? If you have links to specs and pictures it would be great??

At the moment I am interested in getting more details on the following car:

Levin 6 SPEED 20V, OZ WHEELS, S/ROOF, MANY EXTRAS!!
    Sonic Blue!

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=389924

1. Your Ad on Carzone states mileage as :60,000 miles / 96,561 kilometers but the picture indicates that it has 101,493km.
    What is the correct mileage??
    2. I see that there is some form of controller in the car, could you please give me more details as to what unit it is and whatother units the car has??
    3. Is the a FM converter in the car??
    4. Is there a service history for the car??
    5. Has this car ever been in a crash or any other details I should know about it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He has changed his email address since folks. He now using keanebarry@hotmail.com That might explain the no reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

after reading the above posts I had a quick search on carzone for glanzas. Saw this one http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=340695

Have a read of the summary box - "Non turbo on log book if desired" - so along with lads from east wall selling alledgedly dodgy cars! this other place can change the log book for you!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

johnser wrote:
    Anyway every car they had, had damage which was badly repaired. It looks like they buy Grade R's and sell them on as Grade 3.5's or better.
    I would say in my experience that would be the case with 80-90% of the dealers and cars out there. I've seen cars with major damage being passed off as safe. The price difference between a grade r and a 3.5(which isn't that great a grade, depends on the car) is very big. Anything up to 50% cheaper depending on the model. I've seen grade r/-1 integra type r's go for less than 2500 at auction in japan. Compare with 8000+ for the same year car at Grade 4. Then again, so long as muppets keep buying these cars with no research, these guys will keep bringing them in. Can't say I blame them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

not connected to this particular chancer, but here's an ad off cbg with the nct and tax helpfully displayed. However, when you look closely at the discs you realise that the 'library picture' syndrome affects this garage too.

Perhaps it's the right windscreen and holders, but library discs?

(edit for typos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Flips sake either its got the disks or it has'nt sticking in disks from another car is misleading.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

impr0v wrote:
    not connected to this particular chancer, but here's an ad off cbg with the nct and tax helpfully displayed. However, when you looks closly at the disc's you realise that the 'library picture' syndrome affects this garage too.

Perhpas it's the right windscreen and holders, but library discs?

what the hell , thats not a nissan.also thats the buyers faultif they buy it wothout seeing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

I might have an explanation for why you see the same car posted in 3 different places by three different people. Some of the big jap wholesalers will give cars to people on a Sale or Return basis. So any ordinary joe soap who fancies himself as a quasi-trader can go in and take a picture of it and try and sell it on the autotrader or carzone or where ever as there own. They will of course be putting there own premium on top of the trade price they are being asked. Sometimes thousands. They will pick cars that they think will be easy to flog. When you ring them up and arrange a test drive they go down to that place and take out the car and meet you somewhere. The wholesaler has the benefit of having other people sell their cars and not having to deal with all the tyre kicking, "I wanna rip in one of dem evos" timewasters and the quasi-trader has the benefit of selling cars without having any outlay to begin with. Don't think there is anything illegal about it as such. A bit sly maybe but probably not illegal. The vat man might not be too happy with some of them though...:rolleyes:
    Anyways, that's one possible reason for this. I'm sure there are many more nefarious shenanigans going on as well....

Advertisement