Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you start DJ'in

• 17-05-2006 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Lookin to start a bit of Dj work in dublin. Just a few questions.

1. What gear will i need? Lookin to just play the stuff and maybe move on to mixes down the road. All my ****s on CD.
    2. How'd you get gigs?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Started off with the usual doin a bit of bedroom mixing then a mate of mine got into ziggy's in Dun laoire and i hounded a few sessions out of him, did a little bit of djing on radio too but i never made a single penny doin it and nor did i care. Happy days:D That was about 8/10 years ago now.

If you're planning on trying to get into clubs you gotta know someone or you'l find it hard to get in. (that's how i got my break anyway) or maybe throw a few mixed tapes or cd's around to clubs when you're out and maybe you might get a shout back or just hound the d.j. to death every week:D
    Goodluck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Prob your best bet is to get in with a well known DJ in your area and be willing to take the good with the bad. I started off doing weddings and 21st's and now 10 years later I have a residency 3 nights a week in the best venue in town. It isn't easy to get going but if you can get a dj to believe in you its half the battle.

Depending on what kinda djing your doing the gear is different

Advertisement