Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Mascaras

• 17-05-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

What mascara do you use,which ones do you find the best/worst?

What ones do you avoid that have given you the dreaded clumpy/spikey eyelash look?

For years I used Lancombe but lately I'm going through more tubes,as it seems to be drying out quicker,was recommended Maybeline as the best thats used by top makeup artists (doncta know)... but haven't seen any dramatic difference compared with other brands.

Any recommendations welcome:)

Comments

Yeah I'd love to know about ones that don't clump, they always do for me =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Well the best mascara I ever used was Lancome Magnificils but they seemed to have stopped selling it and replace it with magicils. Lately I've been using YSL false lash effect mascara, which is really good and clinique mascara is really good for not clumping. I tried the maybeline mascara and I wasn't impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 andrea2007

Dior Maximeyes is brilliant! It separates the eyelashes and gives even courages and lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

Yy mascara used to clump.. I tried the 2 in 1 thingys from maybeline and lorel (sorry cant spell!)that you put the white on 1st and then the black but this was worse!! :( what I do now is put a coat the black loreal on for the base instead of a white one and then a coat of the black xxl maybeline on top and ive got really long thick un-clumped lashes.. everybody asks if I've got falseys on so it must look good!
    hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Mascara clumps like that coz there's too much masacra on the wand. Wipe some off it with a tissue. Also depends on the size of the wand/brush.

Wouldn't reccomend Maybelline at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

I never use mascara. No matter what I do I would end up with panda eyes. So I get my eyelashes tinted a dark black which is much handier, lasts ages, and all you need to do is curl your lashes when your going out to make your eyes look all big :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If it's clupming, then you're applying too much at once. Wipe it on a tissue. (Just try not to wince as half of your €24 tube is then thrown in the bin).

I don't know why they don't design mascara tubes to dispense less mascara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

^^ so you buy twice as many tubes!

I've started using Max Factor Masterpiece and it really is excellent - no clumps at all and gives great length. It takes a few coats to build volume, but for a natural look I think it's fantastic. I've been searching for a mascara every since Maybelline Full'n'Soft came off the market, and this is the first I've liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Three great mascaras:

Lancome Flextencils (but not the waterproof one cos that doesn't come off!)
    Maybelline Volume Express
    Max Factor - damn can't remember the name but it's blue tube with a gold lid

All three are great for volume, the Lancome one especially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

YSL false lash effect gets my vote
    I have fairly short light eyelashes so I get them tinted blue-black AND wear mascara for full effect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use Max Factor 2000 Calories and think it's great. It's for a 'dramatic look' but since my eyelashes are short it doesn't look too night time ish with one coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I like Benefit Bad Gal Lash but it's gets clumpy after a few months. Used to use Clinique all the time and they never clumped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i use estee laundre. the magnifer one...its great creats long lases and doen clump
    also use Avon, Boots no 17, Maybeline

my sister swears by Aldi's own mascara..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Max Factor ... they also do a great waterproof one called more lashes or something similar. Or Bourjois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

YSL false lash effect every time!!! Try it and you'll never use any other rubbish again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Clinique High Impact mascara is the BEST!! Really dramatic lashes, no clumping!

I almost paniced at the thought of wiping mascara on a tissue - no WAY!! You just have to drag the wand back across the top of the tube in all directions so it all goes back in, if you get me. Works a treat, and none wasted! And no clumping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Diorshow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Max Factor - the one mentioned above with the blue tube and gold lid, and if I'm feeling like being good to myself there's an estee lauder velvet something or other that is just fabulous... but it doesn't seem to last very long at all without going dry. Both are good for avoiding the clumpiness. I'm using a no 7 one just now and it isn't the best, but I'm determined to finish it before I go buy another... :(

Remember if you've got mascara for more than 3 months or so you're keeping it too long. All the icky stuff from your eyes goes on the wand then in the tube and can go nasty if you keep it too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

My fave is Loreal Longtitude. But I think it depends on your eyelashes. My eyelashes are very long curved and dark and this mascara suits me best. My sisters are the opposite, fair, straight and short and she thinks the Loreal is crap. Think she uses some kind of max factor mascara. So I think it really depends on the type of lashes you have got.

Has anyone tried that mascara that they advertised in "Memoirs of a Geisha"? If so, what did you think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Thanks for all the replies,have to check out some of those.

I was told that pumping the brush in and out of the tube forces air in and drys out the mascara quicker...dunno how true that is.

Baffled wrote:

Has anyone tried that mascara that they advertised in "Memoirs of a Geisha"? If so, what did you think of it?

Yep tried it,not great to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Wont be trying that one so. Yea thats true about pumping the brush in and out. It does dry it up much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Have just started using Maybelline Lash Stylist (the one with the comb instead of a brush) and am v. impressed.

Advertisement