Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal ground frequencies in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

trudnai wrote:
    Well, I am Hungarian, but please, do not blame me, I was not there :) It is shame that nobody measured the place against radio interferences. I know that there are quite a few chaps with the radio amatour as a hobby, so they could help on such things. But even if not I would test the place for couple of days before decided to having a serious compatition over there and would ask everybody to switch off CBs, HAM radios and other radio transmitters during the flying time. Also I believe that the way of sending those signals are far more outdated, so we, as RC modellers should have use a much more reliable and protected way to control our expensive and dangerous 'toys' -- but that is the story of the manufacturers.

Tamas

Stephan Wurm is a serious pilot. Before flying any of his big models, he test the field with a small electric plane, for interferences and so on...
    The problem here, is that when you organise a meeting, the organisators must be sure that there is no other use of the channels in the field as a daily basis. In this case, if they were aware of a local radio station transmitting daily on channel 60, 61 and 62, they should not authorised pilots to fly using those channels... The flying field is not a new one, and has been used for years before this meeting, and nobody saw the interference issue before ?:confused:

About the manufacturers, you are totally right ! The frequency evasion has been used and developped by French modellers in the late 80s !! They even sold a system to ACT (Yep, but 500 euros the module !! :eek: )
    So, solutions are here for a long time, but as usual, money first, safety.. well, one day..

Fred

Spektrum have a system for air use, but at the moment it's limited to parkflyers etc. The range strength is not up the the larger models yet.
    But when they do launch it, it should be a big help towards eliminating interferance....

The Pb here, is the European law about WIFI TX/RX. They are not allowing more powerfull system...So, you can wait a long time before they change that ! :mad:

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Just reading the Spektrum site, it looks like the DX6 is suitable for parkfliers and small helis. The range is approx 1/2 mile (thats over 2000ft) so I would think it would be suitable for sport helis as well? Do you think it would suit 30 size helis?

No.

Tests has been done. The Pb (other than the small TX/RX power) is that the omnidirectional antenna sometimes is blinded by the fuselage / wings and so on in some flight configuration... Combine that with the low power of the system, and you have a crash waiting to happen...

So, It's not tomorrow that we will see a reliable system..:(

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Ah well, it's early days for DSM technology in RC. It's coming........eventually!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement