Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Walnut inserts

Options
  • 17-05-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

The picture below of the interior of a new passat. Does anyone know if this is the option:

- > BURR WALNUT DECORATIVE INSERTS

Looks great.

Passat_Estate_6_big.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

My grandfather has an 06 Passat Comfortline and I drive it from time to time.

It has the walnut *effect* inserts. They look good except for around the two oddments holders above the radio and at eitherside of the hazard lights. It looks cheap and plasticky here. It looks class inside in the instrument binnacle though, especially with the silver "Passat" logo/writing.

I have to say though the passat is a nice place to be, but VW ought to be hurt in some way for fitting the 1.9 PD engine to it. Grand engine, but down on power for the size car, and too noisy. The 2.0TDI is too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That looks pretty nice. IMO brighter colours look so much more refreshing than the drab black that is standard. AFAIK its only available on the Highline model. It's listed in the brochure as "Burr Walnut decorative inserts in dash and centre console" where as the comfortline lists it as "Burr walnut decorative inserts in dash and Soft Silver inserts in centre console". I reckon the dash is the "Pure Beige" option which is also available on Comfortline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Yeah it is nice and paired with black exterior would be nice. They are bloody expensive cars though. Is it noisy? Was in a new V50 with all the trimmings at the weekend but just the noise of the diesel ruins the experience.

Advertisement