Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillar Bedding

Options
  • 17-05-2006 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Gonna have a go at this wondering has anyone else done the same and have any pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Sandy very helpful

demonloop not so helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

to be honest i didn't have a clue what pillar bedding was and pictured something like demonlopp posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

I take it that this process is really only of benefit on high recoil rifles where the action may move relative to the stock under the stress of firing ?

Would there be any point considering this kind of "upgrade" on rimfire rifles ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

im not doing a full bedding job just having two contact points and floating the middle of the action

im only doing this because my rifle has lost accuracy since i modified the trigger which i mainly put down to the torque of the screws and im sure pillar bedding will fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

17HMR wrote:
    Would there be any point considering this kind of "upgrade" on rimfire rifles ?
    Only if you want them to be very accurate.
    Seriously, many of the .22 rifles in ISSF shooting are bedded, with the exception of aluminium stocks (not needing bedding is another advantage of aluminium over wood). If you didn't bed the action correctly (bow chica wow wow :D ) then the point of impact of the first shot might be different from the subsequent shots, and your recoil in general might not be completely consistent from shot to shot.

Advertisement