Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picnic at Tara - Solstice

Options
  • 17-05-2006 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anybody know if the picnic is happening at Tara for summer solstice??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

On the summer solstice, and the weekend before and after [whichever is more convient for most...] there will be a lot happening.

This is what I shall be attending: http://www.druidschool.com/site/1030100/page/587324
    Energising the Celtic Stream of Spirituality at Tara by offering a CELTIC DRUIDS BLESSING FOR TARA on the SUMMER SOLSTICE Wednesday 21 of June 2006

In 2006, on the Summer Solstice – many Celts of the modern world assemble to bring a Celtic Druids Blessing to Tara. This is the longest day and shortest night of the year and we gather for 24 hours from Sunrise on the morning of Wednesday, the 21st and to stay until the sunrise on the morning of Thursday the 22nd of June. Celtic Druids will hold multiple ceremonies throughout the day and night and we will tend a sacred fire from sunset to sunrise. On this potent day/night we will call upon the God and Goddess to help us protect Ireland and especially TARA VALLEY. We will offer a Celtic Druids Blessing for Tara. We will hold a ‘Healing Circle’ and then perform the symbolic lifting of the Blanket of Darkness from the land of Tara.
    We will declare the Truth of the Light and re-activate the Celtic Stream of the Cosmic Tradition for the whole world to hear. This event is free and open to all. There will be barefoot dancing, didgeridoos, drumming and chanting with men, women and children walking free on the Hill of Tara as Celts again. May many men and women walk hand in hand and barefoot and share a blanket under the full moon and stars on Tara once more.

This is not a protest - it is a Celebration of Tara.

The mid summer event in 2005 is when the Sun bring us Light for the longest day / shortest night of the year. This is a very special time for all Pagans and those on a Celtic Path.

I now, in the name of the Gods and the Goddesses, the Ancestors and the Heroes, do solemnly call upon all those on the Celtic Spiritual Path from wherever on Earth they may be, to join us at Holy Tara from the rising of the Sun on the 21st till sunrise on the 22nd.

The Authentic Druids of Celtia will hold multiple ceremonies throughout the day and night and we will tend a sacred fire from sunset to sunrise. We will declare the Truth of the Light and re-activate the Celtic Stream of the Cosmic Tradition for the whole world to hear. This event is free and open to all. There will be barefoot dancing, drumming and chanting with men, women and children walking free on the Hill of Tara as Celts again. May many men and women walk hand in hand and barefoot and share a blanket under the stars on Tara once more.

Energising the Celtic Stream of Spirituality at Tara 2006
    FULL MOON ON THE SOLSTICE

Schedule of Ceremonies, Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd of June 2005

Sunrise on Wednesday 21st June
    Fáiltiú Éiri na Gréine – (Welcoming the Sunrise)
    To be held at Rath Grainne from 04:15

UISCE / WATER
    Early Morning Wednesday 21st June.
    Beannacht an Tobar - (Blessing the Well)
    To be held at The Healer / Dark Eye / Well of the White Cow from 08:30

TINE / FIRE
    Midday on Wednesday 21st June.
    Deasgnáth an Grien Tairisem - (Ceremony of the Sun Standing)
    To be held at The Mound of the Hostages from12:00

TALAMH/EARTH
    Evening on Wednesday 21st June.
    Beannacht Draoi Ceilteach ar Teamhair
    The Celtic Druids Blessing on Tara, bring drums, whistles and dance barefoot.
    To be held at The Rath of the Synods from 20:30

AER / AIR
    Sunset on Wednesday 21st June.
    Deasgnath Luí Gréine – (Ceremony for the Sunset)
    To be held at the Fairy Tree from 23:00

From Darkness on Wednesday 21st June
    bring natural wood from your home place for the Sacred Fire
    “Ritual of Protection” for Ireland and Tara / Skryne Valley

To be held at The Gravel Patch, all night sacred fire from Sunset to Sunrise

Sunrise on Thursday 22nd June.
    Fáiltiú Éiri na Gréine – (Welcoming the Sunrise)
    To be held at Rath Grainne from 04:15

Do not bring alcoholic drink or recreational drugs or religious / english / european flags or ceremonial / live weapons or mobile phones or rockets. Please bring Celtic Costume, a mantle / blanket, home cooked food, living water, some natural wood from home for the Sacred Fire, drums, quartz crystals and candles, high energy and an open heart.

Details of Ceremonies, Wednesday 21st June and Thursday 22nd of June 2006

Sunrise on Wednesday 21st June
    [THE REST IS ON THE SITE]

Con Connor, Celtic Druid, Dark Moon Grove - will facilitate these ritual ceremonies with the assistance of many good friends. Con is - an Ard Druí léis an Doire Geallach Doracha, Éire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

This is a topic that I believe is somewhat controversial at the moment so I will try to be purley informative and remain sensitive to the situation.

Tara for the last five years has had a regeneration of interest at the summer solstice (Traditional associations to the site are year-round not just solstice). The site is a public amenity and as such is cared for by the office of public works. If anyone wishes to go there on any particuluar day to have a picnic thats perfectley acceptible within the by-laws set down by the OPW. However larger gatherings do require permissions etc.

Over the last few years a number of groups have worked in harmony to create a festival on Tara. The groups demonstrating ritual at the site have done so in the past with the coperation of the OPW. They have participated in such events as "Demonstrations" and were, consideretley to the public, non participative.

The events previousley held under the banner of The Tara Summer Solstice festival, have come from the will of a local resident.

I would suggest that If anyone is ever unsure as to events being held on tara to contact Maguires coffee shop and gift shop.

*****************************************************************************************************
    Below are my personal views, seperate to the thread topic but nonetheless relevant
    *****************************************************************************************************

This is very emotive for me as I know it is for others.
    I havent attended anything publicly on Tara in four years, chosing to go at other times and more privatley. My personal views on Tara are quite potent. As a resident of Meath I am very aware of the daily fluctuations in the volatile energy of this wounded place.
    While quiet personal devotions of healing for the land of Tara are very much needed, I believe that larger gatherings on the site are adding to the wounded desperation of the native elementals. Even on a sunny weekend day when the many daytrippers visit the site, the place contracts as if waiting to be hit.
    Adding to this mix 'actual' ritual in the locallity of the hill is not as productive as it maybe should be. I would ask that anyone considering performing or attending any larger gatherings on Tara go there on a quieter day (rainy or cold day's are usually the quietest as is early in the morning) Spend some time there in the quiet when no one else is about, connect with the natives in open context (ie. talk to them not with M3 or solstice or reclaiming tradition in your mind or anything else for that matter) Then make up your mind.
    A word of caution. Be confidant but subordinate, think of a footsoldier, They are battle sorts about there and just about at the end of their tether, pretty much the last bastion are ready to pack up and go elsewhere. I wouldn't annoy them further so be sure to ask advance permission to do, attend or watch any workings that do proceed.
    If there is an action between passive and active I'd love to hear it as this issue has been very conflicting for me. But I digress, for those who havent already, please take the time to send a letter of protest to government. http://www.savetaravalley.com/letters.html for sample letters and addresses to send them to.
    Beannacht

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

There are a number of things organised I believe, through Friends of Tara, Maguire's Coffee shop and An Conradh Draoithe na h'Eireann - The Convocation of Druids in Ireland (CDE for short) as well as the events mentioned above organised by Druidschool. There will also probably be various Wiccan groups as well doing stuff.

There should be plenty going on to suit all tastes!

http://www.electricpublications.com

Advertisement