Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next up an coming area in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

JimmySmith wrote:
    Wrong. Also, You need to look at rental income against purchase costs.
    Can you get €1900 for a 3 bed house in Swords? No! It is cheaper than elsewhere. When you are buying a home you don't need to look at rental income over anything.
    JimmySmith wrote:
    Wouls that make Swords up and coming? :)

Yes in simple terms but it isn't inside the m50 . As I explained I think it will be a bad area due to design in 10-15 years. Fuel prices will make it less desirable too. Swords has some rough spots they haven't gentified new houses were built in the area that is it. Baddly servived isolated housing estates have yet to produce a nice social mix in this country IMHO.
    JimmySmith wrote:
    Is Jobstown inside the M50? Now theres an area that can only get better.
    No. For a property investor you don't seem to know the Dublin area and market very well.

Darndale a newly opened Hilton Hotel, Tesco flag ship Store, Cinema, Lidl, Aldi, etc... But I don't see it as an up and coming area.

http://maps.google.com/

Type Dublin and you will see what is inside the M50

See that space between Swords and Dublin. When they build on that it will make Swords less attractive. The congestion will be worse in Swords making it an impracticle commuter town via road.

I don't really care to be honest just pointing out the thread is about Dublin areas not Co. Dublin towns and other commuter areas that may increase in value due to their proximity to Dublin. Dublin areas that are up and coming no mention of increasing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

See that space between Swords and Dublin. When they build on that it will make Swords less attractive.
    You mean the airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I don't really care to be honest just pointing out the thread is about Dublin areas not Co. Dublin towns and other commuter areas that may increase in value due to their proximity to Dublin. Dublin areas that are up and coming no mention of increasing value.

Wow- You seem to care more than anyone else here though. Did someone from Swords dump you or something?

And really - using the extra cost of the rising fuel costs on an 8 mile journey, when i clearly mentioned rail as the way to go as an argument - come on. Have you any idea of the average cost of driving 1 mile?

Anyway, you've heard my opinions on where money is to be made. They are just my opinion and no more or less guesses than anyone else can give. Thats all i wanted to give, so calm down.

Anyway enough from me, sorry i was drawn into an argument. I'd like to hear others opinions on the up and coming places in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Victor wrote:
    You mean the airport?
    No Swords goes all the way to the Malahide road so there is a huge amount of land that can and at some point will be developed.
    Considering at Belcamp the highest residential high rise was applied for I think it is highly likely the further you live out the harder it will become to get into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

A lot of people don't want to go into the city though. I live in the city myself, but I see people, Dublin people, every week who happen to be in town for some special purpose, and they have absolutely no idea of the geography of the place. Suburban living is a reality for an awful lot of people in the GDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 adk1

outside m50 ring forget about it---commute will just get worse and worse people will eventually get sick of it and want to move closer to the city-
    people make a big fuss about rail lines- being packed in line a sardine for 1 hour every morning is hardly appealing and I think this is reflected in cheaper prices of places like sallins and balbriggan. Personally I think areas percieved as family friendly and close to the city will do very well in future.due to demographics in a few years all the first time buyers will want to move from their 2 bed apartments to a nice semi-d with the new wive and the baby etc. a couple that springs to mind would be...Glasnevin Finglas Santry Beaumont Artane on the southside hmmm....templeogue rathfarnham walkinstown balinteer. on a personal biast note I live near finglas and ballymun and I think its a good bet with a number of shopping centres and the finglas buslane is the fastest QBC I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paraic

I'd say North Strand, East Wall will improve over the next 5yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

outside m50 ring forget about it---commute will just get worse and worse people will eventually get sick of it and want to move closer to the city-
    Again, why do you assume that everyone works in the city centre? I live and work outside the M50, as does my gf, so living closer to the city would make no sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

CiaranC wrote:
    Again, why do you assume that everyone works in the city centre? I live and work outside the M50, as does my gf, so living closer to the city would make no sense...

Dubs arent aware that there is a world outside the M50 :)
    Also anyone else living inside the M50 long enough doesnt think their is any such thing as a garden anymore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im a Dub...

Some of the most populous areas of Dublin are outside the M50 - Tallaght, Clondalkin, Blanchardstown, Lucan...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054939602

So far Docklands clear winner / Ballymun contending

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I know it's technically Meath, but Ashbourne has been quietly booming over the last 5 years. There were bargains to be had there up until last year, but it's caught up, especially with the announcement of the relocation of Mountjoy and Dundrum C.M.H. to Rolestown.

It's kickin' the arse of the Dublin border so much that they have '01' area codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

hey mel123, just curious but why you have that opinion of ballymun?
    Sorry, only checking in on this now. Its just my opinion, i used to live up there actually, and i just think its not going to be what they want it to be. Im not knocking Ballymun at all just incase you/anyone else thinks that, i just think its not the place to buy property in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I know it's technically Meath, but Ashbourne has been quietly booming over the last 5 years. There were bargains to be had there up until last year, but it's caught up, especially with the announcement of the relocation of Mountjoy and Dundrum C.M.H. to Rolestown.

It's kickin' the arse of the Dublin border so much that they have '01' area codes.

I know this thread is VERY old but gotta correct this - the new prison and (the central mental hospital move to this site has been canceled) isn't going to be in Rolestown, it will be in the Thornton estate which is in Kilsallaghan, close to the old N2

Advertisement