Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike advice, thanks to all.

Options
  • 17-05-2006 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Folks,

A month or more ago now, I asked the forum for advice about which hybrid bike to purchase for recreational use, with maybe a bit of commuting.

I'm happy to report that I went with the Specialized Sirrus Sport and my other half went with the basic Sirrus. We took them both out for an hour last night and I have to say that they are great bikes.

We purchased from Cycleways and found the staff to be very helpful, if a little overworked (had to return for the second bike when it wasn't ready in time, which made for more trips to the shop than we would have liked).

Anyway, many thanks to those members who chipped in with their 2c.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

good choice,
    enjoy them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I have a Specialized Sirrus Elite. I'm just wondering did I post and influence you. Its a good bike.

A few month ago I bought a Specialized Allez (basic model, its a drop handlebars/racer) as I want to do the Wicklow 100 on 11th June. I use the Sirrus for training. I had Cycleways fit a triple ring on the front as it helps having loads of gears going up hills (3x8=24).

I hope you both bought helmets, and wear them. Today, I did the Slaney CC 100 km (got lost and only did 80 km) which went over Mount Leinster, a 1000 foot climb :( .
    But 200 yards from the finish in Enniscorthy I went over the bars at a pedestrian crossing, landed on my helmet, and broke the shell. I've just ordered a new one this evening.

Enjoy the bikes. Go out for a mile or two as often as you can.

Advertisement