Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moving from pre pay to Bill pay-are you tied to a long contract?

• 17-05-2006 4:51pm

Ok because the country I'm going to does not have a roaming agreement with three (very few have :rolleyes:) I will have to change a speakeasy to Bill pay .

This country only has bill pay roaming with o2 and voda.

So my question is-Even though its my own phone, will I be tied to a 12 month contract by doing this with either voda or O2 ?

I just want to go bill on that for a month or two,pay the down payment for roaming and take it back to speak easy after that.

My three phone is grand on bill pay for everything else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Minimum 12 month contract for o2 or Vodafone. Or any of them I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

why can't you just use the speakeasy sim? most people don't get accepted for international and roaming for three months after starting a contract anyway.

just top up the speakeasy sim a lot before going and then top up online when you're there or get someone to do it from an atm for you

The country I'm going to has a roaming agreement with voda and o2 for billpay customers only.

In other words speak easy or ready to go wont work there.It has to be a contract sim.

I eventually got to the end of the queue with o2 anyway and they told me that if I paid €125 after going contract , that the roaming would be turned on.
    If I didnt use the €125,it would be deducted from my next bills untill it was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh Earthman .. it's a deposit. :)

As for the contract, you can buy out of it before the time is up ... but why not just stay on it? :)

Advertisement