Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone use gamespy

Options
  • 17-05-2006 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

As the title says I was just wondering if anyone here uses or have used Gamespy in the past.
    Is it any good,is it safe(viruses etc,etc)and just general talk about it would be appreciated or failing that any other suggestions for online play?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't like it at all, ever since they brought out gamespy arcade its sucked.

The All-Seeing Eye is pretty good but that's owned by yahoo now as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

aww gamespy was great back in the day of Quake 2 and CS beta 0.7... welcome to gamespy... lets get on with the killing!

above poster is right, it completely sucks these days that gamespy arcade thing is a mess I hated it and havent used gamespy since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Yeah, I used gamespy back when it was quakespy, and for a little bit after it became gamespy, but it got suckier and suckier. All Seeing Eye is good, but I haven't used any of them server browsers in a long time. I just use steam's built in thingy and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

gamespy is crap, like the others i used it hugely in the quake 2 days, maps, skins everything. was great for getting small rail gun areans to fill your lunch hour killing your friends in work!

the past few years its just gone to the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Used it back years ago, for CS Betas. Never liked it much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

aww just thinking how good the old cs was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Thanks, but what do you all use now?
    I was thinking of playing a bit of Age of Empires2 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't use any server browser program now, most games that need one have a decent one built in (Battlefield 2 excepted. Its server browser is a piece of crap). If I had to use one, it would be the All-seeing Eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

gamespyware is what it should be called, use qtracker instead it has no spyware plus it has the added benefit of being freeware.

Advertisement