Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The System Has Failed won't rip

• 17-05-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I recently got my mits on Megadeth's newest album and tried to pit it onto my pc using Media Player, and I can't. Media player doesn't realise there is a cd in the drive. otherwise the CD is perfect, it plays in my cd players and sterios, does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

what this is doing in after hours is anyones guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

where would you have put it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Prob copy righted. Why do you need to rip it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Eh probably has some sort of copy protection on it maybe? Totally wrong forum too.

it doesn't say anything on the box about copy protection. I don't NEED to rip it, but I like to have my complete music collection on my media player. and where the hell else was I to put this? it is not a music subject, and it is barely a computers subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just open a command window and write "OverRide CopyProtect".
    I saw this in a film and it seemed to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chapod21

try a program called media monkey. it will rip a cd in any format for you ogg wma mp3 and so on it's free just google for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

try using something other than wmp. there's loads of options. try CDex. its never steered me wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hope it's not on the Sony label! They have/had copy protect software which installed a load of malware on the user's PC - and it's hard to get rid of.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That was only shipped with certain CD's released in the US market though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

And id say they've copped on after the stink that guy raised after uncovering their nefarious plan.

Ive heard the name 'freerip' thrown around... don't know if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Weird. My copy ripped no bother. I'm using easy CD ripper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have a look at the disk again.

Does it have the CDDA symbol on it ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(audio_CD_standard)
    Recently, some major recording publishers have begun to sell CDs that violate the Red Book standard for the purposes of copy prevention, using systems like Copy Control, or extra features such as DualDisc, which features a CD-layer and a DVD-layer. The CD-layer is much thinner, 0.9mm, than required by the Red Book, which stipulates 1.2mm. Philips and many other companies have warned them that including the Compact Disc Digital Audio logo on such non-conforming discs may constitute trademark infringement; either in anticipation or in response, the long-familiar logo is no longer to be seen on recent CDs, as well as stickers and warnings that the CD is not standard and may not play in all CD players.

looks like megadeath do copy protect cd's
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020NPZA/103-1467274-3432601?v=glance&n=5174

Anyway megadeath :rolleyes: just how many Alice Cooper covers have they done ?

imitation is the greatest form of flattery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I got a CD imported from the States which had DRM on it. When you put it in the drive it auto-executes a program. It gives you the option to rip it to your pc as protected WMAs. The cd won't play from any other program on the pc, and the WMAs won't play if copied to another pc or user. So if you are in work and want to listen to the music, if you don't have admin privileges, you can't listen to the disk and you can't rip to the harddrive.

When I ripped it with another program I found that the mp3s skipped, for example: instead of "1,2,3,4,etc" it was "1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,etc". Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

2 isnt it? :p

Dave is pretty close to Alice. He's his godson or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

For Alice fans and off topic

http://player.virginradio.co.uk/core/player2/?service=vc&detected_speed=bb&service=vc

After 6 most days he has his own show

Try CDEX it rips any cd i have and has been knowen to get rouund some copy protection used by sony

Advertisement