Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen Business -

• 17-05-2006 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I registered a new kitchen company and have met with suppliers that provided me with very good discount rates. Hope to start trade in next 2/3 months.

What is the best way of getting my first customers? I know it is important to advertise, talk to people and to have references (which I do) but is there a way that I could get my name out there quicker? I also don't believe in quick and fast solutions just to get my money but to put the customer first.

I am a foreigner and afraid that because of my name and nationality some people might be sceptical to deal with me? I deliver very good complete kitchen solutions (3D design, at house presentation) and have a very good name with my past references (in Ireland) and current friends.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I am a foreigner and afraid that because of my name and nationality some people might be sceptical to deal with me?
    For me, going on past experiences, that's only ever been a positive thing, to be honest, but then I'm a foreigner too :) Where are you from BTW? I might be in the market for a kitchen in the next year or so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I am a foreigner and afraid that because of my name and nationality some people might be sceptical to deal with me? I deliver very good complete kitchen solutions (3D design, at house presentation) and have a very good name with my past references (in Ireland) and current friends.

the chap that put my kitchen in has his name and telephone number on the side of his van, my neighbour came over and hired him afterwards. He said the amount of business he gets by just having his name on the side of the van is unreal, defo do that. Perhaps drop leaflets into doorways.
    good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

I would say, get a website up and running with Pics of previous jobs and get listed in the DIY/suppliers/trades directories on the net.Get business cards printed up. Get an ad on the side of your van

We got our kitchen installed last year from a company who advertised in the Northside News. He said they get a huge amount of business thanks to the ad. They put a placard on our front pillar for the couple of days they were installing the kitchen which henerated other business. We referred them to 2 friends of ours who also used them.

At the end of the day, most people will go on a recommendation. It's just going to take time to build up a name. A good reputation is the best asset any business can have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

If you do your work, in a neat & timely & professional manner, people will recommend you all the way.
    There is so many cowboys out there that customers will recommend a friendly professional who is easy to deal with & who turns up on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

Alun wrote:
    For me, going on past experiences, that's only ever been a positive thing

I'm with you all the way there mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Begin-a-Kit

Cheers All. You all have been really helpfull with good ideas and I appreciate it. Again, my main focus is customer service and to do the extra mile for the customer rather than become a "cowboy".

I am in the process of developing a website, logo and business cards and will take up the idea of a sign on my van.

Advertisement