Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand cars..

Options
  • 17-05-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Next year, I guess people may use their ssia money to buy new cars. Do people think this will lead to a softening in the second hand car market next year as people trade up? Or will demand increase for second hand cars? Any views on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 robo1

Aren't the SSIAs coming out next month? I was hoping a few deals might turn up around then. Wishful thinking maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The first of them are maturing soon but most people started them later so the big peak will be around December/January.

There could be a drop in s/h prices but there could also be a surge in demand for these with no drop in prices. Knowing Ireland, the dealers will not easily drop prices anyway and many consumers will still pay too high sticker price without questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think demand will increase for decent second hand cars which are less than 5 years old, the bottom is likely to fall out of the market for cars older than this. Remember folks the max people will have is 20 odd thousand that won't even buy you a new Corolla, the way the media are portraying it you would think each man woman and child in the country was getting a milion a piece :D

Advertisement