Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Fox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Been out in Mexico a while now, and I saw one registered in July of last year when I was in Portugal. It's the replacement for the Lupo but I think has grown up a bit. Meant to be cheap on the inside, like the Aygo perhaps. If you can afford it go for a Polo/Yaris over either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Those rear windows just look too small and ruin the proportions of the car.
    First impressions, cheap and nasty. I can imagine it being very basic inside being a budget VW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Squirrel wrote:
    If you can afford it go for a Polo/Yaris over either of them.

In short.. I cant :D

Good Lord what a manky interior..
    fox4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Trotter wrote:

fox4.jpg

Why go for a new car why not a good second hand 1 ? for that type of money you will be spoiled for choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Trotter wrote:

fox4.jpg

Too bad. A friend of mine is learning to drive in an Aygo (Churchtown School of Motoring), and he hates the interior, he drives an old shape Yaris at home. As pm. says, can you not go second hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not exactly pretty is it? I'll bet it feels solid inside though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

have you seen the new TV ad for it. It's excellent. shows all the history of VW's that have come before it. Unfortuanatly you get a bit disappointed when you see it's for the new Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭fits

I love the ad too. Trying to spot em all. I think the good ol' scirocco is in there twice. Cant wait to see what this new coupe is going to be like

it's like they're cashing in on all the fun cars they produced in the good old days to plug their latest box

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

colm_mcm wrote:
    it's like they're cashing in on all the fun cars they produced in the good old days to plug their latest box

Haven't seen this ad but it sounds like they're copying the recent honda ad here. Flipping cracker of an ad that Honda one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Fox is built in Brazil and shipped to Europe. You could probably buy a year old Skoda Fabia for the same money. The Fabia being roomier and having the advantage of 2 extra doors if needed.

Does the Fox have power steering? Knowing VW it is probably an optional extra that has to be bought in conjunction with leather seats.

more likely

comfortline: radio, electric windows, central locking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 tweet-tweet

I have one of these car and you really do get value for money. It is very spacious inside with amazing ceiling height, everyone that gets in comments on how much bigger it is than they thought. There are two full size adult seats in the bag with plenty of leg room. The boot is more than sufficient for the size of car. It is very sturdy and handles extremely well. There is not as much in it as is in the Polo in terms of extras but it has power steering, abs, electric windows, central locking etc. It really is very cheap considering it is VW and I would recomment it over a second hand car. I would like to know what other people who have it think of it. I got it in January and at the time there were barely any around but I notice a few more. People are clearly seeing how much they are getting for their money. It is almost four grand cheaper than the polo and is well worth a look. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Another zombie thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have one of these car and you really do get value for money. It is very spacious inside with amazing ceiling height, everyone that gets in comments on how much bigger it is than they thought. There are two full size adult seats in the bag with plenty of leg room. The boot is more than sufficient for the size of car. It is very sturdy and handles extremely well. There is not as much in it as is in the Polo in terms of extras but it has power steering, abs, electric windows, central locking etc. It really is very cheap considering it is VW and I would recomment it over a second hand car. I would like to know what other people who have it think of it. I got it in January and at the time there were barely any around but I notice a few more. People are clearly seeing how much they are getting for their money. It is almost four grand cheaper than the polo and is well worth a look. Any opinions?

The are still a rare sight on these roads though. The Lupo was a poor seller too in it's day.

Doesn't seem to be selling here too well against the likes of the Toyota Aygo, Peugeot 107, Citroen C1, Fiat Panda and Ford Ka. And the Fiat 500 hasn't hit the showrooms yet either.

Edit: Just noticed the age of this thread.

Advertisement