Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leon 01 Changed Relay now no front lights

Options
  • 17-05-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

You may remember my earlier thread
    Now basically I have no front lights even though main full lights work.
    Is the relay gone again have to bring car back again tomorrow what should I do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

check the fuses, afaik the lights are controlled by 2 or 3 different fuses, look at the placement map inside the cover for details

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Psygnosis wrote:
    You may remember my earlier thread
    Now basically I have no front lights even though main full lights work.
    Is the relay gone again have to bring car back again tomorrow what should I do

Sounds like the (low-beam) bulbs have blown? Or else the switch is acting up. Bit of a coincidence that the fault surfaced just after your dealer sorted out the indicator relay problem though. I would bring it back. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I have checked fuses and all seem fine. I drove this car home from the garage last night and I now realise I had no lights (
    hence why people beeped me) Should I start screeming blue murder at the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

you might have remembered me from your previous post the exact same thing happened with my peugeot turned out to be the relay control unit(basically the pc that controlled what the relays did)

The reason my fault took so long to fix was that they were looking at the relays all the time and not the main control

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

you might have remembered me from your previous post the exact same thing happened with my peugeot turned out to be the relay control unit(basically the pc that controlled what the relays did)

The reason my fault took so long to fix was that they were looking at the relays all the time and not the main control

I am definitely liking this theory, and am finding it hard to believe (if it is the cause) that Psygnosis's Leon is the first one to suffer.

Psy, did you say you were with a main dealer? If so, ask him to check the relay controller. When (if?) he finds that it is the cause of the problems, he will fear your wisdom. :eek:

Either way, get the dealer to investigate the controller!

@gerrycollins: Looks like you're going to 'bust up the party'.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Yup with a main dealer gona give them a ring shortly to see what the story is will leave a update later.

Just rang there, story was that after changing the relay they never attatched the lights back up so hopefully all is now well.

Advertisement