Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without phonelines???

• 17-05-2006 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Apologies if I seem a bit clueless about this sort of thing. I am making queries on behalf of a friend who would love his own broadband connection in his flat. Is it possible for him to get some sort of connection without having a phoneline??? There is a landline in the building but he is not the billpayer and cannot use the line for an internet connection. He's in Dun Laoghaire (kill avenue area)
    Any suggestions????
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'd reccommend NTL because it is the most reliable non phoneline service. Wireless can be very dodgy and would advise to stay well away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Phoned NTL earlier today and they said they have not got an exchange for that area... Maybe the waiting game is in order?
    Thanks tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Wireless can be dodgy, but wireless can be fine too. It depends on the line of sight and the provider. Check out http://broadband.gov.ie and list services by area to see most of the options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I have an Irish broadband breeze package. They came out and popped a reciever on my roof. No real problems in over a year of use. It's absolutely great!

Advertisement