Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New RAV4

Options
  • 17-05-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here driven a new Toyota RAV4? How does it compare to the last, especially in terms of the driving experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've driven both petrol and Diesel models extensively.

Driving experience depends on which model of Rav4 you had.

Comparing the old 1.8 and new 2.0, it's like two different worlds. while the exhaust still has the familiar note of the old model, the power delivery is so much better, no more understeer!
    the interior is a good bit bigger, especially in the back. the seat back divides into 3 parts instead of 2, which is good for whoever's stuck in the middle.
    The standard stereo is quite good, and has an MP3 player built in.
    The 2.2 D-4D engine is super sweet, and the 6 speed box is a pleasure once you get used to the angle of the gear lever. the good news is that the diesel model is now €2000 less than the old model diesel.

All in all good car. far better than Sportage, X Trail, Tucson etc. real competition is the new Santa Fe and BMW X3. both more expensive

Drawbacks: 2.0 engine slightly noisy
    No remote stereo on Luna model
    No Fog lights on Luna model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

colm_mcm wrote:
    far better than Sportage, X Trail, Tucson etc. real competition is the new Santa Fe and BMW X3.

I would have put the X3 at the very bottom of that pile. What a pile of crap, and it is bloody ugly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I have a 4x4 2.0 petrol of the last model. I'm thinking of getting the 2.2 diesel in the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you should notice a huge chunk off your fuel bills if you plump for the diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes the x3 is bloody ugly.but i love the rav4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement