Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding list problems

Options
  • 17-05-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I got married 2 years ago and had a wedding list in Brown Thomas. Owing to illness we weren't able to do anything about the list until last weekend - we checked repeatedly with them and they said this delay would be no problem. Anyway we were in there last weekend and decided that we'd like some furniture instead of some the stuff we'd orginally picked (nothing has been ordered so far as the list is still open). Imagine our suprise when they told us that we couldn't get furniture. They claimed that this would have been explained during our initial consultation (in fact we were told we could change for anything in the store) and was mentioned in the terms and conditions we signed. The T+Cs were filed away in their archive and we couldn't find our copy. Anyway they gave us a copy a few days later and there was no mention of furniture or anything else being excluded. Despite all this they were still not willing to let us take the full value of the furniture from our wedding list! I am waiting for a call from the store manager and will hopefully get some satisfaction then.

What is particularly annoying is that they've probably been earning interest on our money for the past 2 years and still won't allow us spend it on what we want in their own shop! In fact they act as if we're trying to scam money from them!

From asking around a lot of people seem to have had issues with BTs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I am totally confused. I am not married by the way (not yet anyway :p) and I know very little about these wedding lists thingys.

But...you have a list with them, right, of things they have in their shop that you would like people to buy, right? So what difference is it to them if you have item A or item B on the list? I dont understnad why they wouldnt allow it, what do they care. Chances are some items are not even going to be bought.

And why do you have to sign anything? Surely they just manage the list for you as people buy items. Why the need for rules and regulations. Surely you can just get a wedding list somewhere else?

or have i just missed the whole point of it?

----Edit
    OK forget what I wrote, i just re-read your post and I think i get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Try www.askaboutmoney.com they seem to be very knowledgeable about situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

The wedding list department told me that their software systems weren't set up to handle furniture - like I give a sh*t! They also said that furniture is a concession within the store - again no concern of mine how they conduct their business. Anyway the store manager rang today and has converted the entire value into vouchers so everything's resolved. Have to say though that the attitude of most of the staff concerned was one of superfical politness with a strong undercurrent of hostility.

Advertisement