Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden conservatory

Options
  • 17-05-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I plan to have a wooden conservatory at my house. I don't want uPVC or wood effect, just real wood, air dried oak if possible. I have some design ideas. Anybody able to recommend a good woodworker who could do this? I live in Co Clare by the way.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

You might find Kadman around the boards, careful though he's almost as expensive as me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Hi Joeirish

You might be interested in this link. http://www.viking-house.net/wooden-conservatories
    Available in Oak, Teak, or Nordic Pine.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭joeirish

Thanks Pete. I'll look out for him or maybe he'll see my post.

Joe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Joeirish,

What sort of designs have you got in mind. I think you may have meant kiln dried oak, or do you have a specific requirement for air dried.

Dont mind Rooferpete , I have moderate tastes in my lifestyle.;) ;)

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭joeirish

Hi Kadman

I can send you some pictures. Will I use the email address on the irishwoodwork website?

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Thats fine,

kadman:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Whizzo

My folks got a timber conservatory years ago, made of cedar wood and is really nice. Norman Pratt, Ballivor did the job. Cedar apparently has great properties as cladding and exposure to the elements. normanpratt.ie is the link.

Advertisement