Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eurovision a Gay thing???

Options
  • 17-05-2006 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

With this years Eurovision Athens Greece I ask is it a Gay thing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why would it be a "Gay thing"? It has gay fans, it has straight fans, it has fans of all proclivities.

(And why does Athens have anything to with it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

... are you using 'gay' the way seven-year-olds do?

(Possibly OP means, y'know, Greece, as in Ancient Greek, as in yay pedarasty? *shrugs*)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Explain thyself Dellas within the next few hours or this thread is locked and my-watchful-eye will be on ya.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

BuffyBot wrote:
    It has gay fans, it has straight fans, it has fans of all proclivities

It has fans!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Unfortunately yes. My inbox was flooded recently after a few Eurovision fannies lathered themselves up in a frenzied circlejerk over it. I had to politely request that they take me off their cc: list.

My mother also loves Eurovision. She claims the voting is the best part of it. Says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I happen to love it. I even tried to enter it once... but stupid RTÉ hates me...

But I do think it has a certain camp or kitsch quality to it that probably attracts lots of members of the gay community, I know my brother holds Eurovision parties every year....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was invited to a Eurovision party... I didn't have to reply the person who asked could see from my expression that he should leave, fast ;P

Its absolutely desperate, I can't stand it! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's camp/kitsch, hardly gay though.

It has fans!?

Come out of the closet Ruthie, we know you want to. We'll support you ;)

only if there's drink involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It's always has been camp and kitch, but its "gay-ness" (for want of a better phrase) has certainly been on the rise for the last few years. It could be said that it has been hijacked by the gay community. The meer fact that this thread is on a GLB board shows this perception in some peoples minds.

I used to like the Eurovision, but more out of the technical aspect of getting all the public service broadcasters in Europe linked up for a nights entertainment. Technically until the early 90's, it was a humongous operation. To a certain extent, it still is, but its more slick and looks like any big production nowadays. The phone votes have killed off the "song contest" element, in that the best song doesnt always win, more the best gimmick.

Once people actually play the joke, its not funny anymore.

(First post here, btw, no reason to frequent this place at all, since I'm neither G, L or B! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Beruthiel wrote:
    only if there's drink involved!

/me waves a large bottle of Vodlka at Bru to lure her out of the closet and into Thaed's bed to watch the Eurovision ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

DMC wrote:
    It could be said that it has been hijacked by the gay community.

Anything that's in poor taste generally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Thaedydal wrote:
    /me waves a large bottle of Vodlka at Bru to lure her out of the closet and into Thaed's bed to watch the Eurovision ;)
    And now if you'll excuse me i'm off to bleach my eyes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

azezil wrote:
    And now if you'll excuse me i'm off to bleach my eyes..

WOW I am stunned, Azezil disturbed lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Well the Eurovision is really crap and too political! :rolleyes:

Hey I have an idea! Why don't us gay people set up a Gay song contest!? Lets call it Gay-a-Vision! Sorry but, I'm singing "I Will Survive"! (LOL!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Well one of the persons reading out the results, i think he was from norway gave his phone ni. to the male presenter and flirted mercilessy on air during the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

and keeping with the gay theme....the winners were they..... trolls?

more Rock Hard Hallelujah?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well one of the persons reading out the results, i think he was from norway gave his phone ni. to the male presenter and flirted mercilessy on air during the results!
    Oh yes and the presenter even asked him if his number was 69 69 69.

i think he was from norway

He was from The Netherlands. Those crazy Dutch.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    WOW I am stunned, Azezil disturbed lol :D

our work here is done :D

Advertisement