Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

interested

• 17-05-2006 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Ok not sure if this is the right place this summer i wish to make a martial arts action movie.... so i'm looking for ppl who are interested in being in it...amatur directors, actors, martial artists stuntmen etc..... so any takers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Might be better suited in the Film Production forum.

<<<<

One of the film mods could perhaps kindly move it.

I'd actually be interested in being involved in something like this myself.

Writing and editing would be the areas that I'd be best at...

What will you be bringing to the table yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If you need a kid who constantly goes around kicking people in the nuts, I could be that kid.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Moved to Film Productions. You'll have more suitable answers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

I can write and direct. Love the genre. Can't fight for sh*te.

You got a story in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

mods.....thanks for moving this i wasn't sure where to put it..

yeah i have a story , i need a director and film crew,whatever else is need.... i've never made a big project like this before...if anyone what to use it for a project or enter competions and the like its cool. just a few people interested in making a **** cool fight movie... for something to do during the summer.. i have loads of trained martial artists with me gonna corrograph the fights..... i've done fight sence and public demos before so the fighting is not a worry... its just ppl i need who would be diacated to this project

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

do u need equipment? i got canon xm2, i wouldnt mind doing the camera work. or u want a bit more advanced camera? where are u planning on shooting this project?

faithy wrote:
    do u need equipment? i got canon xm2, i wouldnt mind doing the camera work. or u want a bit more advanced camera? where are u planning on shooting this project?

dude that would be class..... i plan to do it alot around the carlow/wicklow/dublin areas.... man any help would be cool.. if u no ur cameras you pick... i'm not up on all that....

help me any one with this list of whats needed.

cameras.
    story.
    actors
    director
    locations.
    what else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'll do the music if you like?

Fusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

cameras.
    story.
    actors
    director
    locations.
    what else

Depends on how complicated you want to get.

CREW
    1st AD
    2nd AD
    3rd AD
    Producer
    Production Manager
    Production Assistant
    Script Super
    Sound recordist (important)
    Sound designer (also important)

Other hassles:
    Cast
    Catering
    Props
    Armoury
    Vehicles
    Costumes
    Make-up

I'm sure there's more... Fun'n'games, eh?

sorry i int been on for a while i've been sick... ok this week i'm gonna do a fight scene with a friend... hpe to have it hosted next week..when its up it'll be what most of the fight scene will be like in the movie and what kinda stuff we'll be doing...so the point is for you guys to pick through it and help us see whats good and whats not ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement