Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results date

Options
  • 17-05-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

I know its early days yet, and the exams haven't even started, but has the date for results been announced yet, or is it the same every year? Reason I need to know is because trying to organise a holiday and don't want to be away when results are out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

16th or someting. a wednesday, around then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Can someone confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭IbanezFreak

Im pretty sure the first round is the 22nd and the 2nd round is the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

its the 17th, im never wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭IbanezFreak

:rolleyes:

"Round one offers will be made on Monday the 21st August 2006. Students will have until 5.15 pm on Tuesday 29th August to accept the offer."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The 17th...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From: http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=kd

August 16th 2006 Delivery of Leaving Certificate results to schools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

"Round one offers will be made on Monday the 21st August 2006. Students will have until 5.15 pm on Tuesday 29th August to accept the offer."

Thats CAO not the results

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

It's a Wednesday, which is the 16th. I don't have a link, but my CG teacher has something or other with that.. So yes. And it's always a wednesday in mid August, so that should be right.

• Advertisement

as ive said before, it's the 17th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Since when are the results on a Thursday? Now last year the results were on the 17th. So the 16th. *nod* Unless they randomly changed to Thursday. Which they didn't.

Aweh!

time will tell....

but ive been told it's the 17th. innocent until proven guilty :D so for now, i am right and nobody has proof to prove me wrong.

that link to the examinations timetable - screw it, it's wrong, for example the construction exam date was incorrect :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I don't know where you are getting the 17th from, it's definately the 16th! The results are always on a Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

So what date is it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Its the 16th, i have letters from the examinations commission infront of me but then you never know with the examinations commission...

the examinations crowd said the construction practical exam was on a tuesday, it was on a monday.

to answer the posters question, the results are out on either

the 16th or 17th of august 1 day won't matter to you so go on ahead and make plans, just come back before the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

smemon wrote:
    the 16th or 17th of august 1 day won't matter to you so go on ahead and make plans, just come back before the 16th.

Except that it's the 16th, the department always give out results be they LC or JC on a wed, with CAO first round the following Monday (that's what it was last year anyway)

dajaffa wrote:
    Except that it's the 16th, the department always give out results be they LC or JC on a wed, with CAO first round the following Monday (that's what it was last year anyway)

there is a first time for everything. i was told the 17th, and im not changing my stance on the matter until proven otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Well for the sake of the OP why don't you prove that it is the 17th. Who gave you this information?

• Advertisement

Delta_ie wrote:
    Well for the sake of the OP why don't you prove that it is the 17th. Who gave you this information?

that is classified information, the source of my information cannot be disclosed for legal reasons. :D

16th/17th does it really matter? it wouldnt bother me if i got mine a day late, it's all a big hyped up event like the debs anyway.

i open an envelope, i get a paper with writing on it, im happy for 1 second... then i forget about it. big deal, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

It is indeed the 16th - see the SEC's 2006 year planner. Or click the link in my sig.

it's the 16th. @12pm for me.

none of this going into school and jumping up and down like a child. no envelopes to open with stupid advertisements inside - just get it on the net.

i dont even have to get out of bed :D ha ha ha that will be the life on 16th @ 12. i'll set my alarm for 12, flip open the laptop and bang onto examinations.ie

few numbers, codes and there i have it, all my A's. then i'll go back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

smemon wrote:
    it's the 16th. @12pm for me.

none of this going into school and jumping up and down like a child. no envelopes to open with stupid advertisements inside - just get it on the net.

i dont even have to get out of bed :D ha ha ha that will be the life on 16th @ 12. i'll set my alarm for 12, flip open the laptop and bang onto examinations.ie

few numbers, codes and there i have it, all my A's. then i'll go back to sleep.

Well enjoy it. Would you even go out to celebrate? Or is that overrated too?

Advertisement