Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms...info needed!

Options
  • 17-05-2006 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, I'm new to this site.
    Just wondering if anybody living in Limerick city knows where the best gyms are? (besides Uni arena...to far in traffic!!) I'm moving to Caherdavin in June...Where is the nearest gym to here? Checked out the Clarion hotel, I would love if there was one near LIT?
    thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

there is a gym in LIT.. but its for students i think.

Just get a weights bench and some weights and do it in the comfort or your own home. Or else just go running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

There is a leisure centre and gym in the greenhills hotel, which is actually right beside the ennis road. Nice place too!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mister D

Hi,

I'm a member at JJB, which is on childers road beside the 24 hr Dunnes, It is really good new equipment and new facilities and kept really well, €285 for 6 months so its quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in JJB on Childers Road too. It might be a bit out of your preferred area, but the city to castletroy bus stops across the road from it.

Lots and lots of machines, no shortage of treadmills/crosstrainers/bikes/rowers, dumbells up to 50kg, lots of free weights for barbells, swimming pool, steam room....

Its one of the best equipped (if not the best equipped) gyms in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

the gym at jjb's has a pool thats news might check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its a bit crowded though recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

I'll second TmB's comments on JJB - by far the best place I've ever been in, although it is a bit of a trek from the Caherdavin/Ennis Road area.

Personally, I think the high standard of the place makes that journey worthwhile.

Advertisement