Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

• 18-05-2006 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Everyone else seems to have one so i taught id get the ball rolling. I have heard of a few transfers but nothing concrete. Ashley Cole to either Chelsea or Real Madrid. I cant see chelsea getting him. Pires is off to Villa real. Sol Campbell maybe going but no club has put its hands up officially.
    Im unsure of his name but Wenger wants to sign the tallest footballer in the world, im sure you have all seen the papers on it a few months ago.
    Anyone else got news on Arsenal.
    I believe Henry will leave now after our defeat.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The Zigic (6ft10) story is dead now that Adebayor has been signed as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still undecided on what Henry will do - I reckon he is too. He didn't exactly look like he was all set for Barca tonight, anyway. I think Wenger will try and hold on to Campbell and Cole as there will be other players leaving and he needs to keep the experienced heads around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

The Zigic (6ft10) story is dead now that Adebayor has been signed as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still undecided on what Henry will do - I reckon he is too. He didn't exactly look like he was all set for Barca tonight, anyway. I think Wenger will try and hold on to Campbell and Cole as there will be other players leaving and he needs to keep the experienced heads around.

I agree with the Henry observation. He didnt look like he wanted it enough tonight. Campbell can leave as far as im concerned he is past his best, like viera was and could use the money from him. Cole id like to keep. Apparently it was said in a spanish paper that Robino regretted not signing for arsenal when he had the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well from what I can see they are going to lose the following during the Summer:

Henry
    Pires
    Cole
    Bergkamp

Dunphy alluded to this earlier and I although these are not confirmed, they are more than likely going to happen. They will only receive payment from Henry and Cole which is likely to reach about £30 million between the two (I reckon). I don't know if that's enough cash to fill the void of the above mentioned players - essentially the backbone of the whole side.

They do have great young players coming through (Eboué, Senderos, Fabregas et. al) but I do see dark days ahead despite the move to the new stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rumours (and thats all they are) that Harry Redknapp is interested in taking Walcott on loan. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Do you not think the final was irrelevant to Henry's thinking as to whether he'd leave or not?? if he has his mind made up then i guess he's going or staying...

if they won tonight then he's won everything there is to win with arsenal (and so can move on) and if not then he can say well i gave it my best shot and its time to move on and see if i can win trophies elsewhere (or more accurately the CL)!

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Rumours (and thats all they are) that Harry Redknapp is interested in taking Walcott on loan. Make of it what you will.

I cant see Wenger letting him go on loan. He was going to ease him in to the first team next season.
    Jeremie Aliadiere is gone id say. Not playing well no matter who he is playing with, but he had so much potential.
    We do have some amazing talent coming through and if Henry goes we will have to change the team around as we rely to much on him. Dark times some might say but i say exciting times ahead.
    There was talk of around 60 million between the sale of Henry and Cole but again just talk. Real Madrid want Fabregas and may be willing to spend big on him. They also want Henry and are willing to part exchange Ronaldo plus cash for him. Dont think he would cut it in the premiership.
    There was talk of Guti wanting a move to Arsenal and Madrid are selling a lot of there players.

Guti, no thanks.

If Henry goes I don't think a replacement should be signed. I don't see anyone out there at the moment that'd represent good value as a replacement. Reyes should be moved into the DB10 role and never play left wing again. If the rumours about Van Persie being suspended for being lazy in training are true then a new striker will need to be signed, otherwise I'd like to see him given a crack of the whip. There's also Walcott, Lupoli and Bendtner coming through.

Selling Fabregas to Real Madrid would be absolute insanity, regardless of how much they offered. He is the future of this team.

Priorities for summer signings should be a DM and a left winger. I think Campbell played well last night and may have a few years left, he looks fit. He can compete with Senderos for a place alongside Toure, who can be backed up by either Djourou or Hoyte. The full-back slots are well stocked but I don't think Cole should be sold. If he is, life will go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

p_larkin99 wrote:
    if they won tonight then he's won everything there is to win with arsenal (and so can move on) and if not then he can say well i gave it my best shot and its time to move on and see if i can win trophies elsewhere (or more accurately the CL)!

exactly my thoughts on henry! he'd leave cos he'd done it all with arsenal or he'd leave cos thy couldnt win the CL!! i really cant see him staying and i think that p_larkin99 sumed up the situation perfectly!

he wasnt his usual self last night! didnt seem focused,still the moments of sheer brilliance but didnt seem to be in the right frame of mind for such a huge game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

jobonar wrote:
    exactly my thoughts on henry! he'd leave cos he'd done it all with arsenal or he'd leave cos thy couldnt win the CL!! i really cant see him staying and i think that p_larkin99 sumed up the situation perfectly!

he wasnt his usual self last night! didnt seem focused,still the moments of sheer brilliance but didnt seem to be in the right frame of mind for such a huge game!

I could be wrong. but i think Henry will stay. Pires will go. and if u sum up his last 2 seasons, they were mediocre enough. I would not be too worried about the loss of ashley cole. If we could get 15 milion for him, and keep henry id be happy. I think clichy has great potential. With more experience hes going to be a class player. If i was wenger, id seriously consider throwing 25 million at barca towards eto. I was never really taken by this guy, but last night i thought he really worked hard, and hes got pace. Hes always moaning about moving to Italy and to AC. There has always being the link to Torres, and hes defo on the move but i have not seen enough of him to decide. reyes being dissapointing this season. I dont think hes progressing in the premiership at all. hes a good player but hes not in the henry league, which is wahat they were expecting when they bought him. Hleb, ill decide after next season. Its full of irony, we have qualified for CL. We have made more money in the CL this season than the last 2 put togehter. We have earned more prize money thatn chelsea and man united. But the reall success of this season will be if we can hold on to henry.

tred wrote:
    I could be wrong. but i think Henry will stay. Pires will go. and if u sum up his last 2 seasons, they were mediocre enough. I would not be too worried about the loss of ashley cole. If we could get 15 milion for him, and keep henry id be happy. I think clichy has great potential. With more experience hes going to be a class player. If i was wenger, id seriously consider throwing 25 million at barca towards eto. I was never really taken by this guy, but last night i thought he really worked hard, and hes got pace. Hes always moaning about moving to Italy and to AC. There has always being the link to Torres, and hes defo on the move but i have not seen enough of him to decide. reyes being dissapointing this season. I dont think hes progressing in the premiership at all. hes a good player but hes not in the henry league, which is wahat they were expecting when they bought him. Hleb, ill decide after next season. Its full of irony, we have qualified for CL. We have made more money in the CL this season than the last 2 put togehter. We have earned more prize money thatn chelsea and man united. But the reall success of this season will be if we can hold on to henry.

Well said.
    I have seen Torres a few times playing and he is good. Eto i cant see coming to England. Ive heard Utd or Liverpool are trying to sign Torres but he likes Arsenal. I would like Cole to stay but if the right price came in id sell. Keep Fab as he is going to grow into something very special. Reyes is and has been very lazy this season but he has so much potential. I just cant see Van Persie doing anything really, unless Wenger can knock sense into him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cole must not go, we need an english base into the team, and he is a top left back, no matter how good clichy is, he's nowhere near cole. Henry has to stay, altho if he did leave i can see it not being as big a disaster as we all make it out to be. signings we need a defender, central midfielder and winger. If titi stays i see no need for a forward, i like adebayor, walcott will get a go, we've RVP and this bendtner guy can't stop scoring for reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think Henry would have been more likely to leave if Arsenal had won last night. He has unfinished business now and I think he may well stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They will only receive payment from Henry and Cole which is likely to reach about £30 million between the two (I reckon).

HA!

Ashley Cole alone is worth at least 15 million, as he is one of the best left backs, if not the best, in the world.

Henry, will go for about 25 million I'd say.
    Yes he only has one year left on his contract, but that will not determine it. If Barca only bid ten million, twenty clubs will bid 15, and it will go up to at least 25 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's amazing what happens when the clock starts winding down on a contract, when Chelsea allegedly inquired about Henry last season Arsenal said they wouldn't let him go for 50 or 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Out of all the players likely to Leave Cole I think will be missed the least. Clichy is one of the best left backs in the premiership, he's a seriously good player. If Cole stays I could see Clichy pushing him for his place and maybe we'd see Cole being sold off in a few years time because he wants more first team football.

I was convinced Henry would stay after the statement he made in January. I figured if Arsenal qualified for the Champions League next year he'd stay. Now I'm not so sure. If he were staying I'm guessing he would have said something by now. However I do think losing the champions league final is going to make him more likely to stay. If he goes, I suppose Torres is the only striker likely to be on the market that's even worth having a look at. Reyes is an alright player. Probably good enough to make the Arsenal team but he wasn't worth the money they spent on him.

Van Persie has class, but he can't seem to get it together. He had a brilliant spell in mid season but after his injury he hasn't played that well. If he has been suspended for being lazy in training, well that's just a waste of talent. If he does get it together he could easily hold down a place in the starting 11 for years to come.

I'd like to see another strong centre back signed. Somebody with experience. No more 19 year olds please. Defensive centre mid is a must seeing as Diaby is out for so long. A youngish goalkeeper to push Jens. As good as he's been this season he's approaching 37 or so. He can't have too long left. Obviously a striker if Henry goes. Even if he doesn't it's probably a good idea, I don't rate Adebayor at all. I don't think the team needs too much improving, with some more experience the team will stop getting bullied around by teams like Bolton and get back up from the fight for 4th place.

Reyes is lazy?? He can be a frustrating player, but the one thing that cannot be said about him is laziness. He never stops running. He is however not a winger, and is usually ineffective out wide. In the centre, he's a magical player, and is well worth the £10.5m that has been paid so far. Unfortunately since Henry & RVP returned from injury he has been shunted out of position.

A midfield all-rounder who can rotate with Fabregas and Gilberto and can handle the physical aspect of the premiership is vital I think. Diaby looks like he could be out for a long, long time, but he's more offensive minded anyway and isn't ready to lead to a title/CL charge yet.

Goals from midfield are desperately needed, the number of goals scored away from home last season was pathetic. I'm not sure who would suit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

After his comments after the game, speaking of Eto's and Ronaldinho's ineffectiveness and also belittling Puyol and Marquez, I think he will stay.

I firmly believe a striker will not be signed nor a defender but a midfielder must be sought. Pires will be leaving and we need goals from an area that gave an abundance a few years back.

Arsenal will be strong next season, the experience and confidence gained will lift them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Gangsta wrote:
    After his comments after the game, speaking of Eto's and Ronaldinho's ineffectiveness and also belittling Puyol and Marquez, I think he will stay.

Or join Real... :eek:

I cannot wait for the world cup. Lets see how the lads that are going get on. Walcott if he plays will do well, granted i have only see him playing in reserve games. He is very fast.
    Im getting sick hearing about Henry and if he is staying or going. I want him to stay but im excited about the young players coming through. Its good times ahead for Arsenal and our new stadium.

Just seen that Wenger may be interested in signing Lillian Thuram from Juve. A stumbling block is his wages. The man is 34 i cant see this happening. Fabregas has been talking about Torres coming to us also.

Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson has been rated at 8 million and apparently Arsenal are just waiting to put in a bid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Rumour that Henry has signed a 4 year deal with Arsenal, I saw it on another forum, and they linked the Sun, so likely-hood it's true is about 3%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He's staying alright. If the bbc say its so then IT IS SO. Pigheads not an Arsenal fan but I'm happy that hes staying. The man is a legend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

Thierry Henry has handed Arsenal a huge boost by confirming he is ready to remain in North London after reportedly agreeing a lucrative four-year contract.

The Gunners captain will lead his side into their new stadium next season after deciding his heart still lies in the capital after talks with Arsene Wenger.

Speculation had been rife that following Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final defeat to Barcelona, Henry had played his last game in an Arsenal shirt.

However, after the game, Henry was less than complementary about some of Barca's biggest stars, with whom he was expected to be playing with next season, and it would now appear that his mind was made up after what was a valiant final effort.

The talismanic Frenchman will now hope to finalise the details of his new contract in the next 24 hours, in news that is sure to more than soften the disappointment felt following their European Cup final defeat.

"I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running. I could not face leaving the fans. They are like my family," he told The Sun

Pighead wrote:
    He's staying alright. If the bbc say its so then IT IS SO. Pigheads not an Arsenal fan but I'm happy that hes staying. The man is a legend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

its a happy day...it almost makes me forget the heart ache on wednesday night. Henry is that heart and soul of Arsenal. We have alwayss had one of these players for decades. Wenger now can bring through the likes of walcott and see them flourish with henry by there sides..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Will only believe it when TH signs on the dotted line but if the romours are true I will b eone happy gooner after Wednesday game

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry will today thrash out the details of a new contract which will keep him at the club for another four years.

The France international ended months of speculation about his future by announcing he wanted to stay with the Gunners "as long as I can keep running".

Henry, 28, has only 12 months left on his existing deal had been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona - the team which beat Arsenal in Wednesday's Champions League final.

Many expected that match in the Stade de France in Paris to be Henry's Arsenal swansong but on the flight home he dropped a huge hint when, addressing passengers in the plane over the intercom, he said: "We must pick ourselves up and make sure we come back stronger next year."

Now he has gone further than that by finally coming out and saying he wants to stay at the club and lead Arsenal in their new Emirates Statdium at Ashburton Grove,

"I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running. I could not face leaving the fans. They are like my family," he told The Sun, who report the player is ready to sign a new four-year contract.

"I hope to finalise all the details today."

Henry had previously said he would make a decision before the World Cup - now only three weeks away - but the team's valiant display in the Champions League final after goalkeeper Jens Lehmann was sent off appears to have brought a swift conclusion to the long-running saga.

"My team showed me I didn't have to leave. They showed me they had heart," added Henry.

"Everything was up in the air for a very long time. But at the end of the day, the team raised their game.

"Don't get me wrong. I love Barcelona. But on Wednesday night, Arsenal showed me they had heart."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'll believe it once I see him saying it, wouldn't rely on the Sun too much but they did get the team announcement early on Wed about Pires right so they must have a good contact in there.

From what's been quoted it sounds as if that one game was the decision maker which I would find hard to believe. If it's true and from my reading of that it sounds like if they won he would have left. If that is the case then I would have been happier losing the final as I think Henry is more important to the team than a Champions League title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will this finally make the Sun a paper of note if they cracked this one ? :p

its a great result for english football if he does stay, the premiership needs players like him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Funny that.
    betfair had him at 1/1 yesterday morning to stay and overnight went to 1/25 and they say "insider trading" doesn't happen anymore :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Will this finally make the Sun a paper of note if they cracked this one ? :p

Looks like it :p
    Press conference called for 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Deal is done! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

why did the boards have to go all screwy on the most important sporting news event of the year :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Deal is done! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

why did the boards have to go all screwy on the most important sporting news event of the year :p
    I'm not an Arsenal fan but I'm glad Henry is staying, its a joy to watch him play. Premiership would have been a poorer league without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

okidoki987 wrote:
    Funny that.
    betfair had him at 1/1 yesterday morning to stay and overnight went to 1/25 and they say "insider trading" doesn't happen anymore :eek:
    My mates think I have these excellent sources for everything as when the odds drop to and unbackable amount then you know there's a reason. I found it amazing how many people were still backing players for the Player of the Year awards even though Gerrard and Rooney were 1/3 and 1/5 for their respective awards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Roll on next season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Even though he always scores against us (and everyone else) im still delighted Henry's staying put, would be a big loss to the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Victoire!!!

Fantastic stuff. The best player ever to pull on an Arsenal shirt, no doubt about that in my mind.

Great morale boost after Wednesday night, no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If he had a realistic chance of joining Barcelona, he should have went (probably doubtful after his whinging after the game)

• Advertisement

If he had a realistic chance of joining Barcelona, he should have went (probably doubtful after his whinging after the game)

Thats a huge boost for the gunners. Nice to see some loyalty to the fans from Henry. I reckon he would have gone out on a high had they won the CL.

Good Job they lost it so.;)

heReyes is lazy?? .......................

In the centre,'s a magical player, and is well worth the £10.5m that has been paid so far.

Nice use of words but is he worth the £20 million Arsenal will have paid for him over the term of his contract?

Source

laporta this evenig admitted they were going to sign him, but admired him for staying at his club. I think henry is the player everyone here would like at their club but it sickens most of them to admit it.

The Muppet wrote:
    Nice use of words but is he worth the £20 million Arsenal will have paid for him over the term of his contract?

Source

well thats what spurs is after spending on a relativley unknown 25 year old from bulgaria, so I wont even dignify above with an answer. viera went to Juventus as a 30 year old for 13.5 million fee plus as much more in pay. So to say that Arsenal have just signed the best player in the world for 20 million including salary is the bargain of the century. The shirts alone they wil sell will pay 1.4 of it.
    So i did go and answer above :)

tred wrote:
    would like at their club but it sickens most of them to admit it.

Why do you say that? I would like him to sign for Celtic but I think he may have had a problem with the weather in Glasgow :D

I still think his talents would have been better harnassed with Barcelona.

• Advertisement

Why do you say that? I would like him to sign for Celtic but I think he may have had a problem with the weather in Glasgow :D

I still think his talents would have been better harnassed with Barcelona.

Not so sure. his talents were never harnassed at all until he came to highbury. Its good for the primiership. he might go to celtic after 4 years!!!. be a great signing!. I thought Larson was ausome on wednesday when he came on. There is another class act.

I should have said 'will' rather than 'would'. It would be such a shame if he cannot win the CL over the next 4 years with Arsenal (I honestly do not think they will get a better chance over the one they had on Wed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

tred wrote:
    Not so sure. his talents were never harnassed at all until he came to highbury. Its good for the primiership. he might go to celtic after 4 years!!!. be a great signing!. I thought Larson was ausome on wednesday when he came on. There is another class act.
    Concur - and Larsson changed the game when he came on, up til then the Arsenal had looked (relatively) comfortable which was no mean feat at 10 v 11.

How could Henry's talents be "better harnessed"? He regularly scores 30+ goals a season, sets up a sh*tload too (I think he holds the record for most assists in a Premiership season), is Captain of a flourishing young team with bags of potential that has only narrowly failed to win the greatest prize of them all in club football terms.

Oh, and he works for a manager that is the Almighty himself.

Yeah, totally would be better harnessed in La Liga. Like Owen was.

tred wrote:
    well thats what spurs is after spending on a relativley unknown 25 year old from bulgaria, so I wont even dignify above with an answer. viera went to Juventus as a 30 year old for 13.5 million fee plus as much more in pay. So to say that Arsenal have just signed the best player in the world for 20 million including salary is the bargain of the century. The shirts alone they wil sell will pay 1.4 of it.
    So i did go and answer above :)

My comments were about Reyes not Henry.

The Muppet wrote:

Source
    Your quote says 20 million euros Muppet. I know you like to repeat this fantastical £20m figure, but it doesn't exist. He has cost £10.5m so far, remaining payments (up to a possible £17m) are based on a number of performance related clauses. Once again well done at providing a link that doesn't back-up your argument in any way. Incidently, the guy who wrote that article has no clue what he is writing about.

Your quote says 20 million euros Muppet. I know you like to repeat this fantastical £20m figure, but it doesn't exist. He has cost £10.5m so far, remaining payments (up to a possible £17m) are based on a number of performance related clauses. Once again well done at providing a link that doesn't back-up your argument in any way. Incidently, the guy who wrote that article has no clue what he is writing about.

His fee was reported at anything from £17 million to £22 million. Which ever you believe it is still a long way from £10.5 million.

So was he worth £17 million even.

The Muppet wrote:
    His fee was reported at anything from £17 million to £22 million. Which ever you believe it is still a long way from £10.5 million.

So was he worth £17 million even.
    Arsenal Holdings Plc released a financial statement showing that Reyes cost an initial £6.9m, with further fees bringing it to £10.5m later (which has been paid), and a further £6.5m dependant on performances.

But feel free to believe baseless guesses born out the tabloids if you like.

Arsenal Holdings Plc released a financial statement showing that Reyes cost an initial £6.9m, with further fees bringing it to £10.5m later (which has been paid), and a further £6.5m dependant on performances.

But feel free to believe baseless guesses born out the tabloids if you like.

So was he worth the £17 million or €25 million they will have paid for him by the end of his contract?

The Muppet wrote:
    So was he worth the £17 million or €25 million they will have paid for him by the end of his contract?
    I can't predict the future. If he ends up costing £17m, then he probably will have been worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I just wanted to say that its good to see Henry committing himself to Arsenal, much like what Gerrard did last season for Liverpool. Its good to see that both of these players are showing that they play with their hearts more than their wallet. (although of course they are very well recompensed).

Arsenal may have lost the CL final, but they 'won' their man, Henry. A silver lining in the cloud of this week and a satisfactory end to the saga.

redspider

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement