Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

So close for Fulham yet again. Arsenal were a shambles defending that corner.

61th minute.

Arsenal trying to play everything through the middle, they've come very close to playing v. Persie through at times. Fulham are making some great chances too though. They could easily be 3-0 up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ha, how did Rosicky miss that.
    Walcott on now, wide right I think.

Walcott on for Eboue.

Can he change the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Oh my god this is frustrating.

Van Persie close with a free.

I feel the best chance Arsenal have at the moment is a set-peice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Arsenal off to another great start. :p

theyre coming sooo close

Fair play to Fulham, they're actually passing the ball around a lot. It wouldn't be completely undeserved that they win today.

Rosicky off for Bendtner.

Frantic scenes in the Fulham box, but Arsenal can't get a clear cut chance.

Bendtner looks like he could do the trick here. . .

Soooooo close for Fulham again!

Awful Arsenal defending.

• Advertisement

Wenger getting animated on the touch line. We're into the last 10 minutes here. Fulham starting to feel the fatique.

penalty!!

and what a penalty it was

1-1

Peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Great its going to be another season of "with better finishing we could've.." and going a gaol down in the emirates early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who scored the penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just a bit OT - are many matches shown in this MMS format through WMP? It's the first time I've used it and it's brilliant. I never got my head around all that SOPcast stuff.

Good pen from RVP

If it wasn't for that penalty, I don't think Arsenal would have scored to be honest.

Great surging run from Toure to create it though.

SOPRRY THOUGHT i WAS IN THE prem league thread

Arsenal nearly put it into their own goal. Comical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Quality always shines through 2-1 Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

YESSSSS!!!! Hleb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Oh my god. What an end to the match. Very harsh on Fulham but great ball from Fabregas.

If only Fulham had taken one of the great chances they had to make it 2-0, they might have been able to kill the match.

Very Harsh but the top 4 always get those decisions, I mean I'm sure you all agree that peno should have been a free kick?

irish1 wrote:
    I mean I'm sure you all agree that peno should have been a free kick?

What about the blatant penalty Arsenal weren't awarded in the 1st half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

we can live on after a 2-1 win, lets hope it's the start of a good season for us..

irish1 wrote:
    Very Harsh but the top 4 always get those decisions, I mean I'm sure you all agree that peno should have been a free kick?

now that we've won of course we agree.

Thank feck for that anyway. we got to stop going 1 down at the emirates.

irish1 wrote:

I thought it was inside the box. While the defenders right leg was outside the box, I think the contact was inside the box.

Either way, there shoulda been a peno for Hleb earlier which they didn't get. Fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Pulled it out of the bag in the end, reminds me too much of last season, hope it's not the way they continue!

Thanks for that MMS link, was good. Had anyone the right audio or was it just me. I had audio from some Dominican Republic volleyball match, lol

Thank god. Well done Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Didn't see the Hleb incident but sorry the contact was made outside the box watch the replays later and you will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

jester77 wrote:
    Pulled it out of the bag in the end, reminds me too much of last season, hope it's not the way they continue!

Thanks for that MMS link, was good. Had anyone the right audio or was it just me. I had audio from some Dominican Republic volleyball match, lol

yeh same as here, couldnt find radio online either to listen to it on.

Just watchin an interview with Sanchez about the arsenal game and he has accused Hleb and Toure of diving and says that they should have got a penalty when it appeared as if Fabregas tripped one of the fulham players.
    Bad form from him i feel, the first one with Hleb was a peno for sure, Toure was definitely fouled, the only question being whether it was in the box or not and i think it was as Bocanegra was inside it himself when he blocked him off. With fulham's claim, the player tripped himself up and Fabregas wasn't even looking at him! That is not to take away from Fulham of course, i thought they did well and were a little unlucky to get nothing from the game.

With fulham's claim, the player tripped himself up and Fabregas wasn't even looking at him!

To be honest, that's bull. It was a peno, even if Fabregas didn't 'mean' to do it, still a peno.
    Either way, it evened itself out with Hleb not getting his.

Yeah but i still think Fabregas didn't even touch him in the first place. Haven't been able to see too many decent replays to make sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

crap, haven't seen any of this yet.

I'll watch MOTD2 in a while and post an entirely non-biased (pro Arsenal) judgment on exactly what was and what wasn't a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i couldn't make out any contact between Cesc and McBride? in the replay and seeing how fabregas looked utterly bewildered at McBride's? fall i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. all you can see is the left leg clip of his right causing him to fall face first, i found it quite funny actually.

anyway, didn't they mention something on the Premiership about Lawrie somewhat apologising for his statements over how they should have had a penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The Arsenal penalty looked decent to me. At worst it was a 50/50 debatable decision about whether it was on the line or inside the box and the attacking team are supposed to get those kind of decisions.

The Hleb 'dive' in the first half was one of the most stone wall penalties you'll ever see. The Fulham player tripped himself up in the box, correct decision there. Sanchez came across as a right nob in his interview and should probably issue some sort of half assed apology.

Only watched the extended highlights on sky so can't comment too much on the game. Bendtner did look good when he came on. Was more of the same from last season though. Go 1-0 down and then just keep missing. As good as Warner was most of the shots he saved were fairly close to him. Fulham certainly could have had more than one goal and even after Hleb put Arsenal in front they still let Bouba Diop have a chance to level it. I can't help but feel they got away with rather than actually having turned a corner.

Having said that they did manage to come back and win it, and Hleb did score. Exactly the type of things that weren't happening last season. If Hleb, Rosicky, and Fabregas can chip in with some goals this season then we should see an improvement on last season. Let's see how the next few games go. Hopefully Arsenal can cut out the sometimes comical defending and wastefulness in front of goal. It wasn't too long ago that Arsenal were demolishing teams like Fulham for fun at home. If Wenger seriously thinks they can mount a title challenge then they can't be making such hard work of getting wins against teams of Fulham's quality.

After watching the highlights I am very happy in that the midfielders are taking shots now. Running into the box and having a go. Much better than the passing in the box crap of last season. Very encouraging to see, especially from Hleb.

Hleb was a penno.
    Fabregas wasn't.
    Toure was, Bocanegra stuck out his leg. If you freeze frame it you'll see that his toes are outside the box but the rest of him(the part that Toure made contact with) is inside.

Bendtner looked great to me. Managed to get massive power on a header when the ball was just floating down but it went straight at the keeper. Also that turn and shot was great(but went atraight at the keeper). Parts of his play remind me of Drogba(obviously he has some way to go and isn't quite that physical).

• Advertisement

Hopefully Arsenal can cut out the sometimes comical defending and wastefulness in front of goal. It wasn't too long ago that Arsenal were demolishing teams like Fulham for fun at home. If Wenger seriously thinks they can mount a title challenge then they can't be making such hard work of getting wins against teams of Fulham's quality.

In total agreement with this, Arsenal's problem yesterday and for a lot of last year was giving away the first goal.
    Some teams when playing Arsenal will shut up shop and just defend but practically all teams will do so having gone a goal up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Can't believe Sanchez making a big deal about the penalty decisions. ref seemed to get it spot on as far as i could tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just flicked over to the Arsenal game to see Hleb miss a sitter.

Arsenal 1-0 down. Seems to be lots of empty seats in the Emirates.

Weird, I couldnt get tickets because it sold out so quickly, and Im a red member!

edit: I see Eboue playing right wing, i guess those who used him as a dream team defender will be pleased.
    Also, good to see Flamini back in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The game was a sell out. Arsenal have already admitted giving the numbers for tickets sold rather than people in the crowd when announcing attendances. For some reason or another alot of season ticket holders or people who've paid for tickets to see the game don't turn up.

The game was a sell out. Arsenal have already admitted giving the numbers for tickets sold rather than people in the crowd when announcing attendances. For some reason or another alot of season ticket holders or people who've paid for tickets to see the game don't turn up.
    Such a terrible waste. Although the first time I visited Highbury someone who was a season ticket holder let me borrow his ticket because he couldn't me the game himself.

Fair play to Sanchez not many managers would admit the might've been wrong.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_2661020,00.html

Any predictions for tonights game against SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!! (Prague)?
    Im gonna say 1-1 draw.

2-0 - RvP to get on the score sheet.

I'd be over the moon with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll be watching this game. I reckon Arsenal got the toughest opponents in the draw but they should still come through it. They might struggle but I see no reason Arsenal shouldn't qualify. Well, unless they make some stupid mistakes. Which could happen...

• Advertisement

good win tonight, hope hleb makes scoring goals a new habit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement