Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yes indeed. It is looking very encouraging, and Fabregas getting a goal too :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

2-0 away to Sparta is a massive result for us. In a hostile environment against a team who wanted to kick the legs off us (poor Bacary Sagna must have been fouled 12 times) we came away with two away goals and also a clean sheet.
    Although it must be said that Lehmann looked very uncomfortable/indecisive today. I think it is near time Almunia became our first choice stopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

To rob a phrase from Arsne:

'I'm happiest about the team spirit and togetherness'

Hleb failry challenges for a ball with the keeper. Repka gives it his usual and starts on Hleb. Within about a minute Fabregas clatters into Repka.

I'm not delighted that Repka eventually had to go off but it's important to note that getting physical with an Arsenal player ment taking on the whole team.

I found it insulting that going into half time Arsenal had 'earned' more yellow cards than Sparta, even though they should have had 5 within the opening twenty minutes. Referees always seem to go easy on teams in the early stages in the match. Then when Arsenal finally decide to shove back out come the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

gosplan wrote:
    To rob a phrase from Arsne:

'I'm happiest about the team spirit and togetherness'

Hleb failry challenges for a ball with the keeper. Repka gives it his usual and starts on Hleb. Within about a minute Fabregas clatters into Repka.

I'm not delighted that Repka eventually had to go off but it's important to note that getting physical with an Arsenal player ment taking on the whole team.
    excellent post. Delighted with the win and performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lovely win last night. Hleb is having a very good start to the season, here's hoping it continues.

Heres a good site to watching Arsenal goal's and has the goals plus extended highlights from the Fulham and the Sparta game last night:
    http://arsenalclips.blogspot.com/

Predictions for the Blackburn game on Sunday? After the win against Sparta I'm feeling a bit confident now. 2-1 to the Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'll go with 3-2 to Arsenal. Kolo will get the first 2. One of them will be the 40 yard piledriver he's been threatening to score for years. Hleb will get the winner in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'll go with 3-2 to Arsenal. Kolo will get the first 2. One of them will be the 40 yard piledriver he's been threatening to score for years. Hleb will get the winner in injury time.

Eduardo could start. Friedel always has a great game against us, we can win it but it'll be tough, can't see us put 3 past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm thinking 2-1 Arsenal with Eduardo to shine.

• Advertisement

Eduardo could start. Friedel always has a great game against us, we can win it but it'll be tough, can't see us put 3 past him.
    We managed to put 6 past them i one game last season

Anyone know if the match today is being televised anywhere?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

C+ Sport 2 (Scandinavia)
    DigitAlb Premium 2
    Show Sports 3
    Sport TV2
    SuperSport 4 Greece
    SuperSport 5 SA

Are all showing it. None available there so it'll have to be a stream.

PHB wrote:
    C+ Sport 2 (Scandinavia)
    DigitAlb Premium 2
    Show Sports 3
    Sport TV2
    SuperSport 4 Greece
    SuperSport 5 SA

Are all showing it. None available there so it'll have to be a stream.

Any of these on available in Sopcast?

have a look at wwww.rojadirecta.com mate for programs which are streaming the game. Looking forward to it!

Gangsta wrote:
    have a look at wwww.rojadirecta.com mate for programs which are streaming the game. Looking forward to it!

Nice one dude, spent the last 20 minutes searching through this thread for that link!

Come on the Arsenal!

EDIT: Is that URL right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Nice one dude, spent the last 20 minutes searching through this thread for that link!

Come on the Arsenal!

EDIT: Is that URL right?

extra w in www there id say thats your problem

ww.myp2p.eu is best, it's on sopcast on a few channels there.

ww.myp2p.eu is best, it's on sopcast on a few channels there.

works great thanks capaill

• Advertisement

Lineup v Blackburn
    Lehmann

Sanga, Toure, Gallas, Clichy

Walcott, Flamini, Fab, Hleb

Eduardo, RvP

Looks a little lightweight in midfield. Hopefully Eduardo gets settled in to the game quickly.

Blackburn could cause real problems in the air against that side. They'll have to be really up for it right from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

About time Robbie Savage got booked. Solid 1st half performance from Arsenal.

Arsenal leading through Rvp. Promising.

Robbie Savage booked for 'unsporting behaviour'. What a suprise... :rolleyes:

...and Lehmann messes up again, wasting 2 valuable points for the Gunners. So far this season we have conceded two goals and they were both his fault.

OUT! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

It was a terrible error by Jens, akin to what started happening to Seaman before he was dropped as number one. Can't help but thinking Fabianski would have held that safely. A simple lapse of concentration there.

Disappointing result.

Galvasean wrote:
    ...and Lehmann messes up again, wasting 2 valuable points for the Gunners. So far this season we have conceded two goals and they were both his fault.

OUT! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_mZ1D0BCZQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any word on how serious Gallas' injury is? Really need a to buy a centre half before the window closes, goodness help us if Kolo gets injured.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKjO4C6tbWw&mode=related&search=

Shall we bring him back too? There comes a time in every player's life when they are no longer fit to play at the top level. I believe it is Lehmann's time.

I'd drop Lehmann for a few games and see how Almunia/Fabianski do, don't think he needs to retire just yet though.

keano_afc wrote:
    Any word on how serious Gallas' injury is? Really need a to buy a centre half before the window closes, goodness help us if Kolo gets injured.
    Kolo can't get injured, it's impossible! Drop Lehmann, he's too dodgy imo. Almunia or Fabianski should be given a chance.

Gangsta wrote:
    Kolo can't get injured, it's impossible! Drop Lehmann, he's too dodgy imo. Almunia or Fabianski should be given a chance.

just watched the blackburn goal wtf?? almunia made some nice saves last year, albeit mostly the carling cup but still think he's good

just watched the blackburn goal wtf?? almunia made some nice saves last year, albeit mostly the carling cup but still think he's good
    wtf indeed:rolleyes: Perhaps Lehmann has little to do in these kind of games and this causes his lapses in concentraion, big games he's ok but then again so are Arsenal.I think Almunia should be given a run and see how he gets on and Fabianski should take the carling cup games.

Galvasean wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKjO4C6tbWw&mode=related&search=

Shall we bring him back too? There comes a time in every player's life when they are no longer fit to play at the top level. I believe it is Lehmann's time.

Point taken.

I still think that he's just had a couple of bad weeks thouigh. Dropping him now will basically mean the end of Arsenal's no 1 goalie with no real idea who should be no 2.

Also I don't think Almunia's any better. You could put Fabianski in but then that'd be a killer blow to Almunia.

I'd stick with Lehmann for now, play him for the majority of this year and use the Carling Cup and other games to decide who's the next option between Almunia and Fabianski.

• Advertisement

Gallas supposedly out for 3 weeks.

Jens, i dunno, Almunia was great in a few games but i unfortunately also remember the games in which he was 1st choice for a while. Also always makes a few clangers but then agian he's pulled our asses out fo the fire enough times. If we'd somebody more rpoven than almunia or Fabs, i'd say give him ago. tough one to call.

Based on pre season form Almunia was outstanding (I know its hard to judge fairly on pre season) and Fabianski didn't look too comfortable. Id saay Fabianski needs more time to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

ive been away for the last 6 weeks with very limited internet access, can anyone answer these questions?

have we been strongly linked with anyone else apart from who we brought in?

any word on another striker? before i left there was talk of anelka or martins been brought in to replace henry

have we been strongly linked with anyone else apart from who we brought in?

any word on another striker? before i left there was talk of anelka or martins been brought in to replace henry

No and no.

"I Still feel I will do something if it comes up. But at the moment, frankly, I am nowhere. I have not found anybody."...AW

The ever excellent arseblog reports names like Quaresma and Anelka being thrown around but this is just reporters searching for something to justify their existence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ApQDfnAQE0

lol, not a side of William Gallas you see very often

• Advertisement

Hopefully Wenger is at his usual but it really doesn't look anyone else is going to be signed. We really need a winger and probably a CB too :(

With Gallas and Eboue out maybe we shouldnt have let Djouru go away on loan.

Galvasean wrote:
    With Gallas and Eboue out maybe we shouldnt have let Djouru go away on loan.

Can we not just take him back if we need him?

I think we need some more players for cover but I'd be worried about new players taking time to gel...we don't have it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

I heard Papa is coming to town!

The next Vieira:D

He would be a perfect signing me thinks.

Arsenal need at least one winger and a centre back. The last position they need new players in is centre mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

gosplan wrote:
    No and no.

"I Still feel I will do something if it comes up. But at the moment, frankly, I am nowhere. I have not found anybody."...AW

The ever excellent arseblog reports names like Quaresma and Anelka being thrown around but this is just reporters searching for something to justify their existence.

Riccy Quaresma and the incredible sulk would be excellent signings imo. Both are really viable too if Arsenal pushed for them. What really worries me though is what happens if Gallas is injured in Jan, with Kolo off to the African nations cup we'll have Senderos and erm.....? in centre half!

Sign a CB or 3 now AW!

The Quaresma link is nothing, really can't see it happening, its more of a i wish we had, imagine if we had... thread on the arseblog thread. Yet to see an actual link, altho it would be a fantastic signing.

As no one really has a clue what Wenger's going to do in the transfer market, let's make it interesting.(unrealistic)

You'r appointed to replace DD and can select any two players to bid for. Obviously a bid for Ronaldhino or Kaka would be a waste of time. Who are your two players?

Kenedy Backirilogu and Adrian Michelcea.

Seriously i would've bid for Babel and Martins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

gosplan wrote:
    As no one really has a clue what Wenger's going to do in the transfer market, let's make it interesting.(unrealistic)

You'r appointed to replace DD and can select any two players to bid for. Obviously a bid for Ronaldhino or Kaka would be a waste of time. Who are your two players?

Carles Puyol from Barcelona. A 100% committed central defender who gives everything for the cause. Puyol & Toure would make an unbeatable combination. Also, he used to be a goalkeeper so he could take over the gloves if Lehmann gets sent off for something crazy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement