Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk/emirates6/

Some new Ashburton Grove photos, looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looks nice alright, what's the capacity? Looks pretty big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

looks amazing when standing on the road looking at it. its huge

great pictures there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Er....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=368696&cc=5739

Would be nice! Unlikely though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

That would be so f**king good. But yeah, not gonna happen.

The 'Silly Season' has well and truly kicked off, now!

Apparently Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham and Liverpool are trying to sign some bloke called Tymoschuk from Shaktar Donetsk (Ukraine).

Tymoschuk has been linked a few times before. Hard-man defensive midfielder/centre-back type, apparently.

I don't think Owen would be a good signing and I seriously doubt Wenger is interested in him. He wouldn't sit on the bench, he wouldn't form a good partnership with Henry, he wouldn't link the midfield and attack and he would most likely push Reyes and Van Persie out the door.

So hopefully he'll stay put.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The Latest web cam view of the stadium.

http://www.awimb.com/emAlbum/albums/Ashburton%20Grove/webcam%20shots.jpg

Not going to be the same not playing at highbury but I think the grove will more then make up for it :)

If Arsenal wanted Owen they would have bought him last year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

webcam%20shots.jpg

Man, that looks sweet. I'm trying to get tickets for the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial... looking forward to seeing that view in person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

mr_angry wrote:
    webcam%20shots.jpg

Man, that looks sweet. I'm trying to get tickets for the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial... looking forward to seeing that view in person!

Let me know how u get on and ur source. I am thinking of heading over as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I seems every single Irish Arsenal supporter is trying to get tickets for that game. Hopefully one of my contacts will be able to come up trumps.

• Advertisement

Robert Pires has completed his switch to Villareal.
    He played 284 times for les Cannoniers, scoring 84 goals, and won the Football Writers' Player of the Year in 2002.

Farewell leBob, good luck with the Yellow Submarines!

Truly great player for Arsenal.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Robert Pires has completed his switch to Villareal.
    He played 284 times for les Cannoniers, scoring 84 goals, and won the Football Writers' Player of the Year in 2002.

Farewell leBob, good luck with the Yellow Submarines!

Truly great player for Arsenal.
    Agreed, another Legend.

Great player but wasnt cutting the mustard especially this year. Not really the same player after he that knee injury in 2002. That year he was amazing!! IMO the best winger in the world at the time.

Another midfielder will need to be brought in but a hard man type is more of a prority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

indeed, someone tough needs to be brought in to midfield

sad to see Pires go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

Pires is a legend, and will always be remembered as so. Owen would not be a good signing but im warming to the idea of RVN. Come on everyone ask yourselves this serious question. RVN and Henry up front, i think they would play very well together. Arsenal are not very good in the air. We dont score many goals from headers. RVN is a great player and scores alot with his head. I think they would compliment each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ruud joining Arsenal?
    I'd say there is no team he hates more in the world, remember him and Arsenal have a bit of a history, just a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i think it would be a cold day in hell before he goes to arsenal or is accepted by them.

He slows down the united team, imagine how much he would slow down the arsenal team!?

The horse can go to stud if all I care:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jank wrote:
    He slows down the united team, imagine how much he would slow down the arsenal team!?

The horse can go to stud if all I care:p

Aye, there'll be no taking the horse to france, lol ;);):p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually I think RvN and Henry would play well together. Imagine the number of goals RvN would get with Henry supplying him.

However I doubt he will be sold to an English team, last thing Old Red Nose wants is Ruud to be playing against him in a vital game next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

PHB wrote:
    Ruud joining Arsenal?
    I'd say there is no team he hates more in the world, remember him and Arsenal have a bit of a history, just a bit.

Theres no team that hates him more as much as we do. A grade A "c" word but still a great player. Last i heard was gudjohnsen and geremi plus cash for RVN.

I heard a bad rumour that Cole is writing an autobiography and he basically slags off everyone in the club, if its true he's almost certainly out the door.

As for Pires, i always remember those goals at villa park and anfield. a true legend.

BTW any arsebloggers here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

I also heard the same rumour about Cole, if its true its bye bye. RVN will be sold out of England but unsure where to. I know Shea Given signed a new contract but i would have taught a good signing for any club. I know we need another keeper and he would have been perfect but i never heard anything linking him with a move out of St James.

Anyone tell me where to go for a trip to watch arsenal play. Supporters club, anything. Anytime i tried to get tickets and hotel looking at over 700 euro per person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Pires will be sad to see him go, he was a great player for us, over 80 goals, great return, not just tap ins some really sweet goals, Liverpool goal probably my favourite. However he was starting to have less of an impact over games. Rosicky hopefully will be an equal replacement. But we will need to sort our midfield out, a tough tackler is now mandatory.
    BTW any arsebloggers here?
    Ye, think theres a few others about on here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I also heard the same rumour about Cole, if its true its bye bye. RVN will be sold out of England but unsure where to. I know Shea Given signed a new contract but i would have taught a good signing for any club. I know we need another keeper and he would have been perfect but i never heard anything linking him with a move out of St James.

Anyone tell me where to go for a trip to watch arsenal play. Supporters club, anything. Anytime i tried to get tickets and hotel looking at over 700 euro per person.

Try joining the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club at www.irishgunners.com

Not sure if membership is open for next season but some of us are going over for the Dennis match

Cant guarantee a ticket but we do get them at a much cheaper i.e. face value, rate than the likes of celtic tours etc

Franck Ribery is leaving Marseilles and it would appear that it's a straight fight between Arsenal and Manchester United to sign him. No other news.

The 23-year-old is in the French World Cup squad, having won French League player of the month in August, October and November of this season.

Hope he has a sh*t world cup tho otherwise a) Everyone will be after him, and b) He'll cost a fortune.

• Advertisement

Ribery our answer to Luke Chadwick. Seriously if united are in for him, i can't see us getting him. Heard pedrettis name mentioned tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pires explains why he left and rumours about another 18 year old

I knew his substitution in the final played a part in his decision. Basically he didn't like being behind Ljungberg and Hleb in the pecking order so he left. I'm an FC Koeln fan and have seen many games (wouldn't help because he's never played one) and have seen the team train many times also. Wasn't really aware of this guy's existence. First heard this rumour about 2 weeks ago, apparently the interest is quite serious on Arsenal's behalf. He does have a good reputation as a young player though. Though the difference between this guy and Walcott is that this guy couldn't get into a team that finished second last in the Bundesliga. There were a couple of young players that did break through this season like Patrik Helmes and Denis Epstein, but maybe the Germans were given preference.

Although I'd be happy to see another supposedly talented young player arrive at Arsenal (mainly because they've already signed a proven player in his position, Rosicky) as a Koeln fan I'd be sad to see one of the club's decent youth assets leave when they need him most. There's going to be a clear out at Koeln this summer. The manager has said only 10 of the current squad are likely to stay with 6 new signings and 8 or so youth team players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

lollers... Brilliant.:D

Arsenal appear to be in the running with Chelsea and Marseilles to sign Joseph Yobo.

However, it seems that David Moyes has slapped an £8 million pricetag on his head, so that might affect things (altho not, you would assume, as far as Chelski are concerned)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Vieira linked with a return today in some english paper (it was on bbc text)

• Advertisement

dcarroll wrote:
    Vieira linked with a return today in some english paper (it was on bbc text)
    Yeah, allegedly the Toon are in for him as well. Unlikely unless the Old Lady get chucked out of Serie A, which is still (IMHO anyway) very unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

WTF is up with wengers new glasses.

Sols as good as gone apparently. always liked him but leaving a game at halftime was very very bad form. heard thurams name mentioned, someone to mentor big phil and Kolo.

WTF is up with wengers new glasses.

Sols as good as gone apparently. always liked him but leaving a game at halftime was very very bad form. heard thurams name mentioned, someone to mentor big phil and Kolo.
    I really like Wenger's new stylish glasses. Besides, anything that Wenger does is cool - he's God, for goodness sakes!:D

Anyway, I agree completely on Sol. To me, his goal in the CL final was the final redemption for me, I wouldn't have a problem with him staying after his immense performance that night.
    Btw, that isn't as easy for me to say as you might think - as early as Xmas I was calling for him to be dropped, and when he walked out at half-time against West Ham, I wanted him sold immediately, and I never deviated from that position until 36 minutes into the Barca game.

We fans eh? We're a fickle lot.

So anyway. Yeah, without Sol we'd need an experience Centre-Half. Maybe not someone who'd even play that often - in my view, Kolo and Phil are THE #1 first choice pairing at the back - but an old head to guide them through the tough times, which you get in any season. However, Wenger rarely buys such a player, consistently buying young. Besides, if Kolo gets injured then no matter who comes in for him the defence looks shaky - and that's no disrespect to Djourou who I rate very highly - so we need an experienced back-up centre back.

Senna linked on SSN today, and not the first time. He'd be an ideal signing.

I don't want Campbell to go now, for reasons mentioned above. The other CBs are a bit young so if he could stick around for another year or two and regain some of his old form, the team would really benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I agree. The big donkey should stay, good ol' head for the tough times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

happy to no longer have to suffer the narrow camera angle of highbury :)

Same guy they used to keep highburys pitch in order is being used for this one. Its amazing to think how quick they have got this going. When you look over at the wembley debacle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

eyerer wrote:
    happy to no longer have to suffer the narrow camera angle of highbury :)

Yeah thats the one thing I never liked about Highbury.

New ground looks class though. Anyone going to Bergkamps testimonial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah thats the one thing I never liked about Highbury.

New ground looks class though. Anyone going to Bergkamps testimonial?

Hope to go but it's going to be a mission getting tickets :confused:

Story running today:
    Arsenal threaten to take legal action against Ashley Cole

Just when you thought all the issue involving Ashley Cole has end something comes up, this time it has to do with Ashley forthcoming autobiography, it is claimed that Ashley Cole’s biography is so explosive that’s sections has to be toned downed before the book goes through the legal process to allow the book to be printed.
    I've read from a fairly knowledgeable source that DD and Wenger think Cole is a trouble maker and are sick of him, and want to get rid of him - and that it's Cole who actually wants to stay.

Shame if it's the case but £16m or so could come in handy - if Wenger would actually spend for once.

Its a same alrite, apparently he gives freddie a right going over in the book. If he goes, he goes and we'll get cash justt as long as he does'nt go to chelsea, i could'nt handle that. Rumours about the carlos is a smoke screen for a cole deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I really really really really really don't want to see Cole in a Chelsea shirt, he is imo the best left back in the world for going forward, and would fit perfectly into Mourinho's apparent new 4-4-2 diamond formation, and could make it work perfectly.
    Please god let him stay at Arsenal.

PHB wrote:
    I really really really really really don't want to see Cole in a Chelsea shirt, he is imo the best left back in the world for going forward, and would fit perfectly into Mourinho's apparent new 4-4-2 diamond formation, and could make it work perfectly.
    Please god let him stay at Arsenal.
    Agree with all that, and if at the very least if he is on his way out of Arsenal, please God let him leave the Premiership.

On a more positive note. Rosicky looks a gem. Well done again Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

He looks good alright. Fair play to Asne for going out and getting him but as Martin O'Neill said last night "it's been know for a couple of year now that he's a class act".

Played amazingly, not afraid to get stuck in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

This fella has been regarded as a top class player for a long time now. I love the way the bbc and all were going on as if Arsene Wenger uncovered this guy from the footballing abyss. He did get him at a great price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

As they say Arsene Knows

Thank god we signed him before the WC, Rosicky, his price would have gone up

Then again dont want to count my chickens it was only the US lets see how he gets on v the bigger teams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement