Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

United lose to City, one hand on the title lads, its in our court now. Just need to stay focused.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Very premature, there is a long way to go yet.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I see we signed 15 year old striker Luke Freeman from Gillingham in the transfer window. For the record he is the youngest player ever to play in the FA Cup.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=487183&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Freeman+makes+impression+on+Wenger
    He scored twice for the U18s in a 5-2 win over Southampton yesterday. Barazite got the other three.

* 01 Lehmann
    * 03 Sagna
    * 10 Gallas
    * 06 Senderos
    * 22 Clichy
    * 04 Fabregas
    * 16 Flamini
    * 19 Silva
    * 13 Hleb
    * 25 Adebayor
    * 09 Eduardo

Substitutes

* 21 Fabianski,
    * 26 Bendtner,
    * 30 Traore,
    * 31 Hoyte,
    * 46 Gilbert

Ugh, looks like a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 with Cesc on the right.

3 defenders on the bench including the long lost Kerrea Gilbert, and no Walcott.

This could be a difficult night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe Flamin on the left? If it's a 4-4-2.

4-5-1 is more likely I'd say.

Come on Senderos, I'm rooting for ya, screw up for me :)

Indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

playa3 wrote: »
    The ironing is delicious!:D
    starchy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

PHB wrote: »

Come on Senderos, I'm rooting for ya, screw up for me :)

How did I reply to your post before you made it then ? One of those things we will never know I suppose.
    And who is that guy talking all over the setanta broadcast ?

• Advertisement

playa3 wrote: »
    How did I reply to your post before you made it then ? One of those things we will never know I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Looks like a no taking the usual sh1t from blackburn formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Something i've seen plenty of times lately

It's a mystery

Go big phil, forgot to take him out of my fantasy footy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And who is that guy talking all over the setanta broadcast ?

He wants to get someone for Jon Champion. Must be one of the Setanta production people.

That is some goal from Abedyour, just lovely. Him and Ronaldo seem to be having a personal fight to be top scorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That is some goal from Abedyour, just lovely. Him and Ronaldo seem to be having a personal fight to be top scorer.

No way! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha those after match interviews are gas! I think thats the first time i've heard Hleb speak actually. Thought he was well deserving of the MOTM, he just never seemed to lose the ball and it also seems he has learned to shoot:eek:

We're ahead in goal diff via goals scored now. Did'nt see it but heard we were abysmal in 1st half after the goal, friedel the fecker always plays the game of his life against us.

Anyone else find it annoying yesterday that before the Liverpool\them match that sky were going on about how a win for either would allow them to catch up on united.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

We're ahead in goal diff via goals scored now. Did'nt see it but heard we were abysmal in 1st half after the goal, friedel the fecker always plays the game of his life against us.

Anyone else find it annoying yesterday that before the Liverpool\them match that sky were going on about how a win for either would allow them to catch up on united.

I thought we played some very good football tonight, Cesc played out of position also.

I know what you mean re a win will allow teams to catch up with Utd :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I saw the last half hour, they looked very solid and worked very hard even if they lacked a cutting edge. Adey seems to be the one you can turn to when the rest of the team isn't quite on form. Looking very good this year.

• Advertisement

lol :) It wasn't being offensive to Arsenal, it was simply because Liverpool have in reality no hope of catching Arsenal, and Sky had to make the game interesting. Liverpool are trying in their wildest dreams to catch United, while Chelsea are certainly gunning for Arsenal aswell.

Once again though, what a fantastic goal, can't get over how much class was in that small bit of movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Galvasean wrote: »
    United lose to City, one hand on the title lads, its in our court now. Just need to stay focused.

If we win the next four games: Birmingham, Villa, Wigan, Boro(grr).

And Man U drop say two more points.

And no one gets injured.

... then I'll say we have ONE hand on the title.

Cause then we've Chelsea, Bolton, Liverpool, Utd - 4 games where 6 or 7 points would be a good return.

nice run in though - Reading, Derby, Everton, Sunderland.

Derby will have zero to play for by then and hopefully by the last day Sunderland will be safe.

I think both teams need to win their next four games, or maybe get away with 10 points (more so Arsenal than United).

United have: Newcastle A, Fulham H, Bolton H, Derby A

Then I think the title will either be decided (in Arsenals favour) or become neck and neck, in those next four games. If we are still 5 or even 7 points behind come these four games, then we really need things to go our way, but they could. It's not unrealistic to see Arsenal dropping 9 points there, albeit hopeful :) Either way, this period I think will define the season

Arsenal:
    Chelsea A
    Bolton A
    Liverpool H
    United A

United:
    Liverpool Home
    Villa Home
    Boro Away
    Arsenal Home

If it does go United's way in those four games, after us doing well in those four games, it's gona be a very tough last 4 games for United, while not so much for Arsenal, although still some tricky ties, Everton in general and Reading + Sunderland battling for relegation
    Either way, I think the person leading before these four games can only lose the title.

United:
    Blackburn A
    Chelsea A
    West Ham H
    Wigan A

Arsenal:
    Reading H
    Derby A
    Everton H
    Sunderland A

I think both teams need to win their next four games, or maybe get away with 10 points (more so Arsenal than United).

United have: Newcastle A

I would love it if they beat you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's not unrealistic to see Arsenal dropping 9 points there, albeit hopeful

Personally, I think we'll only drop 4 points there!

Interview with Hleb and Adebayor last night: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WDZ87Q9O

hahaha, Hleb sounds like the puppet version of Mourinho, "This is fantastic, to win, fantastic!"

Don't see why everyone is reacting so negatively to my comment. The title certainly is in our own hands. heck, our nearest rivals Man United could win ALL of their games (including v us) and we could still win the league.

*All hypothetical now..

Quiet now or you'll have the blink on us. :p

Sshh be quiet, keep it like our champions league chances, say nothing and say nothing about that game on saturday for the other competiton.

• Advertisement

With Lehmann going in the summer, another keeper will be needed. We've seen with Poom that Arsene isn't afraid to bring in experienced backup in that position.

£15m for a 36 year old is a hilarious notion though.

I'm gonna keep saying it til I'm blue (oh, the ironing) in the face; Artur Boruc is the solution. The final solution. Top class keeper, only 27 years old meaning we'd get ~10 years out of him and the added bonus that he wouldn't be altogether to hard to get hold of, with the greatest respect to Celtic.

Edit: In fairness Pepe, didn't Poom only start 1 game? (Vs Pompey last game of the season iirc)

Yep. Worth signing for his name alone.

Poom. Poooooom! POOOOOOOM!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Always thought Igor Akinfeev was the solution for Arsenal... and not just in FM were he works a treat

Too short for a Wenger keeper I'd imagine.

Igor whatnow?!

Shay would've been a good buy ~3 years ago but he's frequently injured for a keeper and he's 31 now too. Wouldn't say no all the same.

With Lehmann going in the summer, another keeper will be needed. We've seen with Poom that Arsene isn't afraid to bring in experienced backup in that position.

£15m for a 36 year old is a hilarious notion though.

No way we would spend that amount on a keeper.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cson wrote: »
    Igor whatnow?!
    Akinfeev
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Akinfeev

He is the CSKA Moscow No.1 (well 35 actually) and has been since he was 17 and current Russia keeper (17caps) and is still just 21 years old.

OK so we're due to play Milan next week.

Ronaldo is now out(very unfortunate IMO, one of the ture greats)

Gatuso is still out?

Pato was stretchered off on 3rd Feb and haven't heard anything else about him since.

Heard rumours that Kaka is out as well?

• Advertisement

poo-plops, just saw the team sheet from last night.

Gatuso is back. Still, Flatuso will take care of him :)

Neither Kaka or Pato were in the team or on the bench.

Cesc in talks to extend his contract.

He still has 6 years left on the current one :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gosplan wrote: »
    OK so we're due to play Milan next week.

Ronaldo is now out(very unfortunate IMO, one of the ture greats)

Gatuso is still out?

Pato was stretchered off on 3rd Feb and haven't heard anything else about him since.

Heard rumours that Kaka is out as well?

As far as I know, all 3 are rumored to be available for the Champions League match!

Looks like Clichy and Sagna are out for the game this weekend, in addition to the players already missing. I don't see us getting a result.

Looks like Clichy and Sagna are out for the game this weekend, in addition to the players already missing. I don't see us getting a result.

Neither do I, I'd much rather get knocked out of the FA Cup (let United have a few more games) and then try get a result at home to Milan. We've a tough game against Villa coming up too.

The next two weeks will be a serious test of our ambitions for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

cson wrote: »
    Cesc in talks to extend his contract.

He still has 6 years left on the current one :eek:

Wenger refuted this today...no talks going on.
    It was a strange story because as you say he has 6 years left...Cesc/agent looking for more money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Right so, Milan anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They are playing like a team that couldn't give a ****. Really pisses me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd take a 5-0 defeat against United in the cup if it means Arse go there in the league and win...

Unfortunately it doesn't mean that, it just means they got hammered by their closest rivals. Never a good thing even if most of us don't really care about the cup.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement