Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Crouch f£ck no

Diaby and Eboue on the wings...God no

Benitez has at least showed a pair, with a 4-4-2 with Crouch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah, absolutely pathetic pairing on the wings. There'll be no excuses for going out of the champions league with those wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Off to the pub, godspeed Arsenal, hope you win, want you to focus on the CL :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well lads i just happen stay out of other club threads, so just basically want to say good luck just hoping that we have a great night of football and that liverpool win :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Diaby and Eboue have done quite well so far, to my surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Sloppy goal for Arsenal to concede but more of the same in the 2nd half should get you through.

Im not even an Arsenal fan and the commentary on RTE is annoyin the hell out of me. This game is tightly poised, could go either way, and they keep talking about how Arsenal are "in trouble"

FFS. Same as last week but Liverpool get awarded the penalty? Bull

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, can't say I'm surprised, the amount of luck Liverpool get in Europe is unreal.

Some great individual performances, some not so great ones. Tonight really highlighted the need for another winger and CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

feck feck feck.. ah well lets kick the behind of UTD on saturday so...

Absolute bullshít. Have Liverpool ever come off worse in a tight tie in Europe? And that doesn't say anything about them. They get the bit of luck they need every single time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Absolute bullshít. Have Liverpool ever come off worse in a tight tie in Europe? And that doesn't say anything about them. They get the bit of luck they need every single time.

yeh they do every time without fail....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well done, ye were very unlucky to not come away with a result tonight. Walcott's pace was scary!

the amount of luck Liverpool get in Europe is unreal.

Qft

Load of bollix

Senderos is a f£cking clown once again, left the whole team down..

Naldo please Arsene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

“It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get”

The more you play, the more the refs decisions go your way? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anybody who thinks Liverpool fully deserved to go through and luck had nothing to do with it at all are just kidding themselves.

I don't think anybody would say Liverpool didn't have luck on their side, but the fact that they scored from all four chances they had in the whole match tells you something about their mentality, something that Arsenal don't have.

Liverpool were lucky. Arsenal only have themselves to blame imo.

No such thing as Luck..

We have too many ****e players..

Eboue,Ponderos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I'm gutted, senderos was pathetic

Maybe now Wenger might realise he has to buy in order to win things, thats the differnce between arsenal and the others in the big four- they have decent players on the bench too.

On a brighter note Walcotts run was suberb

• Advertisement

No such thing as Luck..

How is one penalty being given and one penalty not being given not about luck?

Arsenal losing was their own fault...

Pool winning had a big element of luck about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I fully intended to come on here and say well done to Arsenal, played some great stuff, a different day, maybe a different result. But to call Liverpool lucky is unfair. Liverpool were more than equal contributors to this match, and worked their collective asses off.

Can't believe the begrudgery on here.

PHB wrote: »

Bad referring..

Luck has nothing to do with Senderos f£cking up and Toure/Cesc caught sleeping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whining like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Guys your lot could have won the game had they converted thier first half play in goals but they didn't.

Mike.

Bad reffing is not giving the decision. Luck is about which decision isn't given.

Noone is saying it's just luck, but luck was of course involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

course its not luck, sure everyone knows Gillett & Hicks paid off both referees to win the fans back :rolleyes:

get a grip lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Theo will be some player for us next season.

Bad reffing is not giving the decision. Luck is about which decision isn't given.

Noone is saying it's just luck, but luck was of course involved!

But fact remains we would have lost even if the peno's were correct..

Cesc, Gallas, Hleb and Flam had to carry too many guys not good enough, Liverpool deserved it...

I agree, Liverpool deserved it. I already said that.
    But to say that Babels goal meant it didn't matter is just stupid.
    Liverpool were lucky. Liverpool deserved it. Not mutually exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

OPENROAD wrote: »

yea unbelieveable maradonna-esque run from Wallnut, great pass to Adebayor aswell.

Have to congratulate arsenal aswell for playing their part in the game of the season. every arsenal fan should be proud. you've a young squad with bags of potential

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Whining like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

ill save that quote for the next 2/3 games cause of supporters like you.

I actually hope chelsea or united win this CL

jank wrote: »
    ill save that quote for the next 2/3 games cause of supporters like you.

I actually hope chelsea or united win this CL

Me too, cant the stand the Pool

No way they are getting past the Drog, and if they do they better hope they dont meet United, they havent beat them in years...

Its weird i always liked liverpool but the last few season have made me turn against them.

They'll probably get past Chelsea. United would completely destroy them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

well if you didnt even like football it would be hard not to hate liverpool if you read posts during and after big games in this forum! :D

Sendoros actually makes John O'Shea look good. He's shocking.

Liverpool, the proletariat of english football. Also Alan Green he makes Dunphy look like Obama with the **** he comes out with.

I was a fan of senderous but tonight must spell the end of his arsenal career. Not good enough. Still young though so if they sell him then they should get a first buy option, if he turns good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

bit harsh imo, he did a superb job when Toure was at anc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

well if you didnt even like football it would be hard not to hate liverpool if you read posts during and after big games in this forum! :D

Wenger never seems to learn with regard to actually spending some money.
    He had Cygan there as cover for a few years and he shipped goals and a rate of knots and now has Sendoras who may be actually worse.

Poor players are shown up in big matches like these, may get away with against Derby or Fulham.

Dissappointing night for us Gunners.

OPENROAD wrote: »

Thierry would be proud...

That was incredible pace, skill, composure, power, went past them like Kaka on X...

He's going to be big, bigger than all those pretenders ( Agbonlahor, Ashley Young etc)

Still not ready to start, but Arsene must have him on evey game at 70min..

We need more guys like him, fellas with extreme pace and skill who will go for the throat, Vela is in that mould and we have been linked with Theo Mark II ( but better ) Yohan Gouffran for the last two summers now...

Never have I felt this sad after a defeat, I cant shake it :o

I am praying Thierry can do the job and knock out those P!cks and win the thing..

Cant face another Pool win or worse United or Chelski doing the double..

Damn you Senderos you donkey :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jank wrote: »
    Its weird i always liked liverpool but the last few season have made me turn against them.

strange that.....since we've been better than you, you no longer like us as a club? lovely.

Lads have a bit of grace in defeat. played some good stuff, but team is not there yet.

In terms of a potential final opponent, I'm happier to play Liverpool rather than Arsenal.
    Arsenal have an ability to create real chances through passes, Liverpool score because of defensive mistakes. I'd always prefer to play the team that relies on you to **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

keep going PHB, you're just making Skrtl angry...... he will hunt you down and make you cry

• Advertisement

it's sad that too many of you need to grow up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Arsenal played football that was absolutely out of this world in the first half. Totally played us off the park, we didnt looked like we had a hope of getting through then Senderos struck. Every single Arsenal player besides him deserved to go through on their performance tonight, they were all excellent which i definitely didnt expect.

I think Flamini going off injured was a big factor in the result going our way because after that our midfield started to get the run of the game and started to dominate which made spaces for Stevie(after being put into the middle) and Babel.

Fair play to Arsenal, great side over 2 legs but just couldnt compete with the crowd at Anfield and the heart and attitude of the Liverpool players

mayordenis wrote: »
    it's sad that too many of you need to grow up.

Who?

a few generally having a go at liverpool
    a few who gratiously wont except defeat
    and not so much you Sqaull20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    Wenger never seems to learn with regard to actually spending some money.
    He had Cygan there as cover for a few years and he shipped goals and a rate of knots and now has Sendoras who may be actually worse.

Poor players are shown up in big matches like these, may get away with against Derby or Fulham.

Dissappointing night for us Gunners.

Oh jaysus, nobody is worse than Cygan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement