Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

What about Dunphys suggest of Richard Dunne?
    Distan in the summer would have been perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

malice_ wrote: »
    Right, I'm not going to get into the Mascherano incident again (especially as this is an Arsenal thread) so let's just leave that to one side. You have a point about the board room comment. I remember at the time when that was in the media that I thought it was a cop-out.
    Now as for your skill comment, there were four Liverpool goals last night, not just the penalty and as any follower of the English national team will tell you, penalties can be very difficult to convert at times :).
    I also like the way you didn't respond to my question about Rafa's tactics.

Sorry. I had answered about Rafas tactics to someone else. I admitted to being over the top and caught up in my own rant. I really have nothing factual to back that up.

Re:Goals. While the last goal was good and it obviously counts but it was a direct result of the penalty that wasn't a penalty. With Arse having commited their team forward. I just want the pool to admit they got lucky in this tie and stop being so condescending and swearing they crusied the tie and their class rose to the top. It didn't.

Lucky in the first leg with Bendtner and the blatent peno that wasn't given which would have changed the second leg, lucky in the second leg that Flamini went off injured because as long as he was on the pitch they were going nowhere and UNBELIEVEABLY lucky to get that penalty which when I first saw it I thought it was,but from the reverse angle you can see it was a poor decision.

As oppose to going through on their own merit (which I have seen them do before) they went through on Arsenals misfortune, from a Spurs fan I am trying to give an unbiased opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

IrishMike wrote: »
    What about Dunphys suggest of Richard Dunne?
    Distan in the summer would have been perfect

Dunne is alright, will run through brick walls for you, but not the top defender he's made out to be. Not by a long way..

Distin would have been a good signing, left footed too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sorry. I had answered about Rafas tactics to someone else. I admitted to being over the top and caught up in my own rant. I really have nothing factual to back that up.
    Fair enough.
    Re:Goals. While the last goal was good and it obviously counts but it was a direct result of the penalty that wasn't a penalty. With Arse having commited their team forward. I just want the pool to admit they got lucky in this tie and stop being so condescending and swearing they crusied the tie and their class rose to the top. It didn't.
    Babel's goal was a direct result of everyone bar Fabregas and Almunia being in Liverpool's half of the pitch. Kuyt hammered it forward and Babel easily outpaced a tired Fabregas to get to the ball first. I don't know who the condescending comment is aimed at, I'm certainly not try to be like that. Trust me, in no way do I think Liverpool cruised the tie; my ragged fingernails will tell you that :).
    Lucky in the first leg with Bendtner and the blatent peno that wasn't given which would have changed the second leg
    Firstly as far as I'm aware, Bendtner was offside wasn't he when the shot came in? So if he had knocked it in it would have been disallowed. I'll check that again when I get home tonight. Secondly, even if the penalty for the foul on Hleb was given, someone still had to put it in the back of the net. There's no guarantee that would have happened. Thirdly, how do you know Liverpool wouldn't have scored again themselves?
    lucky in the second leg that Flamini went off injured because as long as he was on the pitch they were going nowhere and UNBELIEVEABLY lucky to get that penalty
    I agree that Flamini was a loss when he went off injured but I don't agree that Liverpool were going nowhere at the time. The tie was all-square. Arsenal were probably edging the possession stats but I'm pretty sure Liverpool had more attempts on goal (even if Almunia may not have had too many saves to make). I'm not going to continue debating the penalty as it's obvious we won't agree on it ;).
    As oppose to going through on their own merit
    :confused: What does this mean? Liverpool scored more goals than Arsenal therefore they go through. Until UEFA start awarding points for passes completed or corners gained or something, it's goals, and only goals, that will count towards going through in a knockout tie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    But fact remains we would have lost even if the peno's were correct..

Cesc, Gallas, Hleb and Flam had to carry too many guys not good enough, Liverpool deserved it...

Can't believe you haven't mentioned Clichy! He was absolutely immense last night and was the one player that defo did not deserve to lose...such an outstanding left back - I'd rate him better than Evra and better than Ashley Cole ever was.

• Advertisement

Thought eboue and adebayour also did well to be honest.
    It was a tight game and there was only going to be a goal in it either way.
    The scoreline definitely flattered Liverpool for a finish but they had a much better
    bench to make the changes that mattered for the final 30 mins.
    Arsenals bench looked bare except for walcott, who until yesterday never seemed
    able to make the step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i cant believe i am responding to some of the ****e in here, but you're right lads, we are just a lucky team, in reality we are ****e. we got a peno. you didnt get a peno. no decision goes against us, its not like Torres wasnt pulled down by toure in the box similar to Hleb in the first leg, which wasnt shown again and again and again, or like your old mate paddy viera had a blatant hand ball against us in anfield that wasnt given, no no no, we are just lucky.

said it before and i'll say it again, arsenal got wat they deserved last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i cant believe i am responding to some of the ****e in here, but you're right lads, we are just a lucky team, in reality we are ****e. we got a peno. you didnt get a peno. no decision goes against us, no no no, we are just lucky.

Finally it sinks in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Thought eboue and adebayour also did well to be honest.

Are you serious i thought they were only slightly better then Senderos, I don't like Eboue as a right winger so perhaps his performance last night wasn't too bad but adebayor was shocking, he's gotten way to lazy and greedy lately.

the chance he had in the second half was a shocking miss, a decent striker would have taken a touch and tried to get around the keeper a really good striker would have managed to do what he was trying. he get caught off side way to often, just like Henry used to do, not bothering to try get onside before the ball is passed.

the birmingham game showed it all for me, him and Bendtner against the keeper, he looks up sees Bendtner but still plants the ball against the keeper.
    that would of put arsenal 3-1 up and the game would have been over, but we all know what happened.

I'd love to see him sold and a decent finisher brought into the club, I'd even trade him for crouch.

i cant believe i am responding to some of the ****e in here, but you're right lads, we are just a lucky team, in reality we are ****e. we got a peno. you didnt get a peno. no decision goes against us, its not like Torres wasnt pulled down by toure in the box similar to Hleb in the first leg, which wasnt shown again and again and again, or like your old mate paddy viera had a blatant hand ball against us in anfield that wasnt given, no no no, we are just lucky.

said it before and i'll say it again, arsenal got wat they deserved last night.

I heard Gerrard got MOTM last night :D

We dont have to face the prospect of losing to Chelsea in the last 4 or Man Utd in the final. That would be more painfull. Yee do

Yee havent done anything agaisnt United in years and Gerarrd never, better hope Barca win, not even a bent Ref can save yee in that one :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lucky in the first leg with Bendtner and the blatent peno that wasn't given which would have changed the second leg, lucky in the second leg that Flamini went off injured because as long as he was on the pitch they were going nowhere and UNBELIEVEABLY lucky to get that penalty which when I first saw it I thought it was,but from the reverse angle you can see it was a poor decision.

As oppose to going through on their own merit (which I have seen them do before) they went through on Arsenals misfortune, from a Spurs fan I am trying to give an unbiased opinion.

Ah here, listen. The peno last night WAS a peno. I don't understand the controversy about it. If it's outside the box, it's a free kick. Same rule applies inside the box.
    Yes, Arsenal should have had a penalty last week. But who's to say you'd (i mean 'you' as in Arsenal fans. I know you yourself support Spurs) have scored what with Reina's record of saving penalties. If you had scored we might have tried and succeeded to get a second. Torres was pulled down near the end of the match last week in similar fashion to Hleb, but we didn't get the free. If we had, Gerrard might have floated it in and big Sami might have got his head to it.
    Even if you had gone into the match last night with a two one lead, would you have started the same way you did? Would we have started better.
    It's all ifs and buts. The fact is that Arsenal have been added to the long list of top clubs to have been beaten by Liverpool under Rafa. That's just not down to luck.

I heard Gerrard got MOTM last night :D

We dont have to face the prospect of losing to Chelsea in the last 4 or Man Utd in the final. That would be more painfull. Yee do

Yee havent done anything agaisnt United in years and Gerarrd never, better hope Barca win, not even a bent Ref can save yee in that one :p

Gerrard was ****e last night.

and we still tonked ye :rolleyes:

we have never played Utd in Europe, surely arsenal fans of all people should realise we are a different team in Europe?! and as for Gerrard never doing anything against Utd? ask Utd fans if thats true, you'll be quickly corrected.

and as for Gerrard never doing anything against Utd? ask Utd fans if thats true, you'll be quickly corrected.

Enlighten me?

18 years lol

F^ck the champions, yee have degraded it

we have never played Utd in Europe, surely arsenal fans of all people should realise we are a different team in Europe?! and as for Gerrard never doing anything against Utd? ask Utd fans if thats true, you'll be quickly corrected.

Tonked?
    Wouldnt go that far.
    We won the game but it was on a knife edge for 88 mins till Babel scored.
    Quality match, 2 quality teams and it easily could have gone either way.
    Glad it didnt though ;)

Enlighten me?

18 years lol

F^ck the champions, yee have degraded it

listen here you little troll, i aint gonna rise to you, but to say we have degraded the Champions League is small time.

how many years since you last won the CL? :eek::eek::eek:

Opinion of Arsenal fans and Arsenal as a club has changed since we drew em...small time...."sign on,sign on....." "liverpool HOOF the ball" "Wheres you famous atmosphere?"

Small time club.

Another season trophyless. nearly 4 years since a final or trophy now is it?

listen here you little troll, i aint gonna rise to you, but to say we have degraded the Champions League is small time.

how many years since you last won the CL? :eek::eek::eek:

Opinion of Arsenal fans and Arsenal as a club has changed since we drew em...small time...."sign on,sign on....." "liverpool HOOF the ball" "Wheres you famous atmosphere?"

Small time club.

Another season trophyless. nearly 4 years since a final or trophy now is it?

lol...

Rod put away :p

Man U 19 soon :D

Yee havent done anything agaisnt United in years and Gerarrd never
    Gerrard's never done anything against United? What's this then?

Hopefully Bendtner can do something similar on Sunday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

7 years ago by the looks of it.

Double post. Sorry!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

listen here you little troll, i aint gonna rise to you,
    hahaha. Doing a real good job of that, I see.

Folks, why don't you all put the rulers away. Even if you're the longest, you've still got a small dick.

• Advertisement

apologies, i may have lost my cool a little there earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm surprised by that, I recall him being very much against getting into coaching or management after his playing days. He probably misses it. He'd make a great manager methinks.

Bergkamp is my favourite ever player to never play for Liverpool-****ing amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jank wrote: »
    How about Micah Richards as a new defender. he can play CB and Right Full Back. He may cost us but it would be worth it as he can cover 3 positions and we can rest other Defenders aswell then.

Not a chance of Micah leaving. Sorry to disappoint.
    I'd love to see Richards at Arsenal but as he's young and English he'd cost way too much. Couldn't see Wenger paying the probably £15m or something stupid like that he'd go for.

£15m would get you his left leg, especially considering his age and the fact that he just signed a new 5 year deal. He's worth more than what United paid for Rio Ferdinand.
    15m would not be a stupid price for Richards at all.
    If Arsenal could get him for that price they should take the hand off of City.
    City will be bigger spenders than Arsenal this summer more than likely
    so i very much doubt they will get him for that price.

City wouldn't sell for anything near that low. Unlike the whole SWP, we are no longer a selling club.
    I would like Richards too but he doesnt fix the problem we have at centre back,he's too small and too similar to Touré and Gallas, he would be great cover/competition at full back, but we need someone tall at centre back..

He may be only 5ft11ins but when do you ever see Micah getting outjumped for a header? The guy has one of the biggest leaps I've seen (i.e. his late equaliser against Villa in the FA Cup two years ago).
    jank wrote: »
    Sounds good but how much would that cost?
    Also Quaresma is he any good. I have seen his name mentioned countless times but i dont think i have ever see him play ot highlighted for anything decent.

Quaresma would be a fantastic signing. In fact I want us to make a move for him after the Euros. Still only 23 and a similar player to Ronaldo. Indeed, Portugal have the best wing combination in the world with him on one side and Ronny on the other.

See this video for what he does best -

Greetings sports fans!

As some of you may have seen, I am currently doing a bit of a survey on the soccer forum. I know some of you have responded so cheers for that but it would great to get as many people as possible.

It's just three short questions so pop on over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Man i am sick of this Liverpool different in Europe. Why cant liverpool step up to the mark in the premiership, they spend about 50 million a year and still dont do it. Lucky to even get out of the group stages this year. Sometimes you make ur own luck or you dont. Based on performance over the 2 legs we were superior, 2 reffing decesions cost us the next stage plus serious injurys to Sagna, best right back in england, Edourdo, Van persie with 2 artifical legs on him the last night,Flamini, Rosicky just not playing.
    Looking at the way united Hockeyed ye a few weeks ago, and they way they are playing now, i cant see anyone but them win it. be a great game against Barca.

As this is an arsenal thread....so back to the game ahead.
    worried for us on Sunday. Hopefully Arsene can get them up for it. I just think they look drained and our squad is depleted. you know if we had the full 11 going into this, be a great chance to ressurrect title bid, but the way were losing players right now, well we have enough to start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Quaresma isa poor mans version of Ronaldo. Does the amazing things, but isn't that good imo. He's a decent winger, but Arsenal should be aiming higher.

Personally I'm of the same opinion of Richards. He's got the pace of Ferdinand, but isn't the same sort of player at all. He's a brute defender, doesn't read the game close to the level of Ferdinaind, he's a fast Terry, but not that good.
    He might develop into top class, but personally, I don't think Arsenal should move for him either to be honest.

PHB wrote: »
    Quaresma isa poor mans version of Ronaldo. Does the amazing things, but isn't that good imo. He's a decent winger, but Arsenal should be aiming higher.

Name me a winger who is better than Quaresma that Arsenal (or anyone else for that matter) could go for. Realistically now.
    Personally I'm of the same opinion of Richards. He's got the pace of Ferdinand, but isn't the same sort of player at all. He's a brute defender, doesn't read the game close to the level of Ferdinaind, he's a fast Terry, but not that good.
    He might develop into top class, but personally, I don't think Arsenal should move for him either to be honest.

I lol'd. Richards is 19 FFS. He's a better player than Rio was at that age. Of course he doesn't read the game as well as Rio, he's played Premiership football properly for 18 months! The argument that Rio is better than Richards holds no weight until ten years from now.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Name me a winger who is better than Quaresma that Arsenal (or anyone else for that matter) could go for. Realistically now.

Em, Ashley Young???

I lol'd. Richards is 19 FFS. He's a better player than Rio was at that age. Of course he doesn't read the game as well as Rio, he's played Premiership football properly for 18 months! The argument that Rio is better than Richards holds no weight until ten years from now.

Maybe, but reading the game is a skill you develop with time, but some players have it early on. Like Pique, who imo reads the game perhaps as well as Ferdinaind.
    Richards is not like Ferdinand as a defender, his pace makes up for his tackle of reading, not as an asset to it.
    I think he'll be a very good defender, no doubt about that, but I'd be very surprised if it was in the Ferdinand mould, and be even more surprised if it was at the Terry or Ferdinand level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Xavi6 wrote: »

David Silva

Ronaldinho????????

Em, Ashley Young???

Not a patch on Quaresma to be fair.
    Melion wrote: »
    David Silva

Ronaldinho????????

Silva's good alright but again not a patch.

I wouldn't consider Ronaldinho a winger in the conventional sense.

Seriously lads I don't think you've seen enough of Quaresma.

Maybe, but reading the game is a skill you develop with time, but some players have it early on. Like Pique, who imo reads the game perhaps as well as Ferdinaind.

Really? well Roma created a ****ing shed load of good chances last night against two such great readers of the game. I actually think Pique has looked fairly poor since coming back to Utd.

Quaresma in my opinion is too lightweight to make it in the premiership.
    Didnt impress me at all against Liverpool when they played them and i was
    really hoping he would as it might have tempted Rafa to buy him.
    Plus his flat refusal to play for Barca while Rijkaard was in charge doesnt
    speak a lot for him as a person.
    Too expensive and too much risk that he wont make it.
    No doubting his quality if given lots of time and space though

Ashley Young this league season: 4 goals and 16 assists
    Quaresma this season: 6 goals and 9 assists

I wonder which league is harder, the premiership or the portugese league.

Really? well Roma created a ****ing shed load of good chances last night against two such great readers of the game. I actually think Pique has looked fairly poor since coming back to Utd.

A. We must have watched a different game, not that many great chances.
    B. You can judge everything on one game, thats why we know Reina is a **** keeper and Carragher is a world class right back.
    C. Try defend with those two full backs on either side, the best defenders look weak

All in all, I thought Pique was very assured.

• Advertisement

Ashley Young this league season: 4 goals and 16 assists
    Quaresma this season: 6 goals and 9 assists

I wonder which league is harder, the premiership or the portugese league.

A. We must have watched a different game, not that many great chances.
    B. You can judge everything on one game, thats why we know Reina is a **** keeper and Carragher is a world class right back.
    C. Try defend with those two full backs on either side, the best defenders look weak

All in all, I thought Pique was very assured.

Ashley Young, David Bentley and Ronaldo are the three best wingers in the
    premiership this year.
    If there was a gun to my head i would say Young is better than Bentley due
    to his age and his pace.
    Young or Quaresma? No contest in my opinion, Young all the way

Absolutely. It's just that because Quaresma is foreign he is good type logic imo.

If there was one winger that I wanted United to buy who is probably availible in the summre (after Messi of course :P), it'd be Young.
    After Messi and Robben, he is probably been one of the best left sided wingers in the world this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Ashley Young, David Bentley and Ronaldo are the three best wingers in the
    premiership this year.
    If there was a gun to my head i would say Young is better than Bentley due
    to his age and his pace.
    Young or Quaresma? No contest in my opinion, Young all the way

Tell you one thing, Wenger has to see the value of blooding in Walcott now, like comapre him to eboue when the final ball comes, he seems to have his head on his shoulders. eboue either falls, takes the shot on when its not on, or just falls.....If ac milan were looking for him last season...let him off and use the funds. a big centre half is needed. I wonder what anyone thinks of Metzalder at real madrid, not getting much game, and could be a good backup instead of Senderos..I dont see us spending 30 million on richards. Now, not sure if Dunne has signed a contract, id say he would jump at chance to play for Arsenal...but then hes captain of city..so hard to know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Absolutely. It's just that because Quaresma is foreign he is good type logic imo.

If there was one winger that I wanted United to buy who is probably availible in the summre (after Messi of course :P), it'd be Young.
    After Messi and Robben, he is probably been one of the best left sided wingers in the world this year.

Young isnt available, I am trying to nip such talk in the bud early. Villa are no longer a selling club and we would have to get VERY VERY SERIOUS money
    if he was to leave Villa park now.

I must say I have enjoyed over the past 2-3 weeks how all the smaller clubs fans have come in and said that they aren't a selling club. I think the claim has been made by Villa, City and Newcastle fans :)

Spurs said it a while ago too, when they were up and coming, but how is Carrick doing :P

I'd say Young would need a bid in the region of 20 million.

• Advertisement

Jaysus..

Better than Quaresma and Ribery!

In Portugal Quaresma has been one of the best, if not the best player for few seasons now. Amazing dribbler, IMO even better than C. Ronaldo who uses his pace to beat his opponent, but Quaresma uses his skills effectively to actually get past player. From elastico to rabona, all of them are actually practical for him..

Last season, he broke Portuguese Liga record with 28 assists. Great in link up play, his one touch passing has improved tremendously. He also a very good set piece taker, scored several goals this season from freekicks. If there's one player who would i dream about having at Emirates, it would be Quaresma him..

Ribery doesnt need explaining guy is class and miles better than Young, anyone that has watched him at Marseille,FranCe and Bayern can tell you that..

Hatem Ben Arfa is the guy I want, bit of a Pires about him..

If Ashley Young was to go for £8mill I would take him,but not for £15mill plus

Ben Arfa looks to be the most realistic 'high profile' winger available at the moment (unless you include Ronaldinho), he's out in the cold at Lyon and isn't signing a new contract.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd say Young would need a bid in the region of 20 million.

anyhing less than 20m and it would be a no IMO 20m or more and although most Villa fans would like to hold onto him i doubt it would happen, he be gone. But He is IMO the 2nd most valuable winger in the Prem and shuld spend atleast another season at Villa park

Portugese league is, wait for it, average!
    French league is, wait for it, average!
    German league is better, but Ribery hasn't exactly ever set the world alight either.

Ben Arfa looks a good prospect, no doubt, but Young has shown some real talent this year.

What Wenger needs for Arsenal is somebody who organises the counter-attack at extreme pace.
    For Arsenal to go to that next level, they need to be able to play the way they do, and add counter-attacking to the way they score.

Portugese league is, wait for it, average!
    French league is, wait for it, average!
    German league is better, but Ribery hasn't exactly ever set the world alight either.

Ben Arfa looks a good prospect, no doubt, but Young has shown some real talent this year.

What Wenger needs for Arsenal is somebody who organises the counter-attack at extreme pace.
    For Arsenal to go to that next level, they need to be able to play the way they do, and add counter-attacking to the way they score.

Young isnt that player then, hes quick but doesnt have world class pace or power...Quaresma is the same, but Ribery while not being an incredible athlete has real force..

Havent seen enough of Ben Arfa to comment on his physical qualities, another young french lad Yohan Gouffran has all the those physical qualities you mentioned imo, plus intelligence..

Being a bit unfair on Quaresma imo, portugese league isnt great but that hasnt stopped Porto etc doing well in the champions league, Simao has been a torn in the side of english teams like United and Pool for a long while and Quaresma has done very well at International level ( young has what 1 cap?) and played very well against Arsenal last season..

Young hasnt done enough for me yet to want him over does guys..

In an ideal world I would like a thoroughbred athlete like Gouffran and a smart hungry guy like Ribery or Ben Arfra..

I would love Quaresma but he's not a wenger player..

I think Diego Capel at Sevilla would be a great signing for Arsenal. He's looked outstanding for them down the left wing this season. I think he's not even 21 yet? Himself and Walcott on the wings would be some prospect for the future.

And BTW Ribery is World Class....pity Bayern weren't in the Champions League this year, he'll almost certainly shine at Euro '08 and next seasons Champions League.

Sevilla god know..

They have got enough laughs out of ous..

Sevilla god know..

They have got enough laughs out of ous..

Oh yeah, Reyes I forgot about him:D

But seriously have you seen Capel?...he's having a great season and looks like a player that would appeal to Wenger - great skills/pace/counter attack ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Reyes, and you can partly blame them for Baptista. Sevilla deals haven't worked out for Arse.

Nunu wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Reyes I forgot about him:D

But seriously have you seen Capel?...he's having a great season and looks like a player that would appeal to Wenger - great skills/pace/counter attack ability.

Have seen him against ous in the champions league and a few big la liga games against barca, madrd...

He was alright, decent pace and that, but a bit too much head down and run for me, not sure he would fly past full backs in the prem..

We had no bother at all dealing with him when we played him for example, while Quaresma troubled ous a fair bit..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement