Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Spurs have signed Modric for only £15m. We really should have punted on him if he was in the market for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone want to hazard a guess for tomorrow's starting XI?

My guess is:

Lehmann

Hoyte----Toure---Song
    Traore

Walcott---Gilberto--Denilson---Diaby

Adebayor---Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Would like to see Song in midfield and Theo upfront, would give ous a sign of how ready they are...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Diaby is injured.

I'd like to see one of the untested young uns starting in the wide midfield positions.

Revised:

Lehmann

Hoyte----Toure---Senderos
    Traore

Walcott---Gilberto--Song---Denilson
    Barazite
    Adebayor

Probably wishful thinking on behalf of Barazite but Wenger says he may rest his euro2008 players so there may be some surprises.

Also Wenger says "Never say never" on Henry:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=490739&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+I%27ll+never+say+never+over+Henry+coming+back

While I would like to see Henry back it needs to be under certain criteria.

-He cant be captain
    -He is not 1st choice striker
    -He is not the clubs top earner.

If he can agree to those terms I would welcome him back with joy and open arms.

We got 4 players in the PFA team of the season.

Clichy
    Sagna
    Fabregas
    Adebayor

Good work lads!

went on the Emirates tour today with charlie george. excellent. well recommended to anyone whos never been on one. some stadium! if only there was a match taking place this weekend.

CG seems a nice bloke. made conversation with us when he heard our irish accents. certainly sharp on the tongue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

went on the Emirates tour today with charlie george. excellent. well recommended to anyone whos never been on one. some stadium! if only there was a match taking place this weekend.

CG seems a nice bloke. made conversation with us when he heard our irish accents. certainly sharp on the tongue

Loves the club, you only have to listen to him anytime he is on tv to see how much he loves the club, of course he is a local boy.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Loves the club, you only have to listen to him anytime he is on tv to see how much he loves the club, of course he is a local boy.

he reckoned arsenal are a centre back and a goalkeeper and possibly 2 others (in what position, i forget) short of a world beating team. basically he dont rate 'big phil' or almunia it would seem. yeah he is dye in the wool north london isnt he

• Advertisement

Ooh, Fabregas got PFA young player of the year too. Odd considering Ronaldo won player of the year and was also nominated for young player..

edit: Fabianski to start tonight:
    http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=490829&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Fabianski+is+over+White+Hart+Lane+nightmare
    Time to show off your potential boy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Galvasean wrote: »
    Revised:

Lehmann

Hoyte----Toure---Senderos
    Traore

Walcott---Gilberto--Song---Denilson
    Barazite
    Adebayor

Probably wishful thinking on behalf of Barazite but Wenger says he may rest his euro2008 players so there may be some surprises.
    Denilson left wing would be a major surprise. Maybe Eboue right side and Walcott left? I'd really like Walcott up top and Kieron Gibbs down the left - I'd like to see him given a start.

EDIT: scratch that, Gibbs ain't in the squad. I'd say arbeitsscheuer's team below isn't far off but I'd maybe prefer to rest Ade and play Walcott up top. It'll also be interesting to see if Denilson starts - he only managed 55 minutes or something on his reserves comeback so he might not be ready yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Like the idea of guessing the team for tonight...

Fabianski

Hoyte
    Toure
    Song
    Clichy

Walcott
    Denilson
    Gilberto
    Traore

Bendtner
    Adebayor

SUBS:
    Mannone
    Djourou
    Eboue
    Fabregas
    van Persie

Probably miles off but sod it.

Team:

Fabianski
    Touré
    Gallas
    Song Billong
    Clichy
    Eboue
    Fabregas
    Denilson
    Walcott
    Van Persie
    Bendtner

Fabregas and Denilson in centre midfield. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Awful so far. Could be an embarrasing night.

Looks like te players are on holidays already.

Ah Derby, nice and sh*te

Nice finish looks like Bendter is friends with the rest of the team again,the others celebrated with him :)

1-1. Awful stuff. Jesus, Van Persie's been pretty poor since he's come back.

• Advertisement

We will step it up in the 2nd half imo.

My bet of 7-0 is gone though :(

[QUOTE=Jesus, Van Persie's been pretty poor since he's come back.[/QUOTE]

:D

Was a good finish but he's still not played well. Still though, it's derby. He could still get a hat trick.

RVP injured again:(

I really hope he does not play for the dutch in the summer or they get knocked out very early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Have to feel for RVP if he's injured.

gosplan wrote: »
    Have to feel for RVP if he's injured.

He needs to be rested over the summer.l

• Advertisement

they look like they're enjoying it anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

OPENROAD wrote: »
    RVP injured again:(

what type of injury? Serious? I really hope not, that guy is a real talent but can simply never seem to stay fit. it was an unfair title to begin with but i really thought he had/has the potential to go with the "Next Bergkamp" tag and would love him to have a full season uninterupted by injury.

Could be a good few more goals on the cards here if they're arsed. Woeful finish by Walcott there.

Conceding 2 against Derby. Pretty f*cking embarrassing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

5-2.

Its a bit mad to be honest.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Adebayor. Some poor finishing in there from a few players, but he managed to stick most of his chances away.

6-2 Final score.

A stroll in the park.

Now come on West Ham and Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Eh, 6-2 speaks volumes about our defence.

Fabianski... he's not solving that Goalkeeper position anytime soon.

cson wrote: »
    Eh, 6-2 speaks volumes about our defence.

yeah - they all love attacking. Clichy set up two, Toure set up one and had a few shots etc.

Fair play to Adebayor. Some poor finishing in there from a few players, but he managed to stick most of his chances away.

Yeah, did he get MOTM for 45 mins?

Yeah he got it. Setanta saying Fabregas would have got it if Adebayor hadn't got the hat trick, but they're obviously f*cking idiots. Cesc had a fairly quiet game, forgot he was there for large portions of it.

I thought Cesc was excellent tbh.

Denilson was off the pace in the first half, but much better in the second. In time I think himself and Cesc could make an excellent pairing.

Bendtner was far, far better once Adebayor came on and he switched to a withdrawn role in behind him. It is good that he can play with Ade I suppose, but we are rather short of alternatives to Adebayor, and we have plenty of potential partners for him already.

Walcott grows more mature each game.

Defensively we were a shambles though. A new CB in the summer is an absolute must IMO.

On a different note, rumours are floating about that we're imminently about to sign Bulgarian winger Nikolay Dimitrov.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So how many goals for Adeboyer now?

On the match itself. Derby are **** so id be wary of saying we played well.
    Great hat trick though for Adebayor.
    Van Persie needs a summer off imo, If he cant stay fit next season wenger should call it a day with him.
    Bendter im still unsure off. Still young and will improve.
    Walcott is getting better alright. Think he will be a force for use next year. Needs to backhimself to beat players though.
    Eboue, god will he ever just **** off. See him when he had an open goal to score. He tried to hit it with both feet and then injured himself.
    Cesc was quiet enough, played a very withdrawn role. Probably not giving 100% and probably saving himself for the euros. Some great passes though
    Defense is a worry though. 2 very soft goals given away. Song wont solve those issue either.
    Clichy, imense yet again.

Interview with Arsene before the match suggests that not as much money available as people are saying and secondly he will be looking to buy at the back as a priority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

On a different note, rumours are floating about that we're imminently about to sign Bulgarian winger Nikolay Dimitrov

Who is he now? Any good.

Do you an inside man in the club pepe

• Advertisement

It's a bit depressing if money isn't there, most of the transfer budget will be spent replacing Hleb and Flamini.

I really can't understand how the money couldn't be there. The stadium isn't that much of a burden, and new TV deals have pumped massive amounts of money into the PL since Arsenal arranged the finances. If teams like West Ham can splash the cash, there is no reason why we should be unable to.

I've never seen Dimitrov play so I can't comment on him. All I know is he is 20 years old, left winger, capped for Bulgaria. Not exactly the most exciting signing, if it is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dunne and robinho being mentioned on arseblog. dunnes really impressed me by the way he turned himself around. robinho i don't know, thin he could be another reyes.

I really can't understand how the money couldn't be there. The stadium isn't that much of a burden, and new TV deals have pumped massive amounts of money into the PL since Arsenal arranged the finances. If teams like West Ham can splash the cash, there is no reason why we should be unable to.

I've never seen Dimitrov play so I can't comment on him. All I know is he is 20 years old, left winger, capped for Bulgaria. Not exactly the most exciting signing, if it is true.

Club Level alone brings in more than the whole of Highbury ever did.

Dunne and robinho being mentioned on arseblog. dunnes really impressed me by the way he turned himself around. robinho i don't know, thin he could be another reyes.

Don't think we would go for Dunne imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd imagine the money needed to bring Robinho in would also rule out Arsenal. Surely if he leaves it'll be crazy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Even if they do have money, they won't tell anyone they have it.

Newcastle go about to spend big each summer, and spend big they do, on usually mediocre talent, that would go for half that amount if they'd been a bit more savvy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The money is there, but I assume it goes on profits. I think if Wenger asked for a big summer, they'd give it to him, because their spending has been so low that have reaped in some serious profits.

Robinho has gone up and down in Real's eyes, and he might be availible for about 20 million. He'd be a fantastic signing for Arsenal, fit in perfectly imo.

Robhino would potentially be great but after Baptista and Reyes, we'd have to be aware of the possibility of it not working out.

He's a winger/striker which would be great but it'd be a lot of money to spend when we have to buy a DMF(assuming Flamini goes) and a defender.

I'm particulalry worried about the DMF position. Here's hoping that Gilberto(if he stays) and Denilson can carry some of the weight because I don't see us getting a ready made replacement.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can see the goals/highlights?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement