Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This thread seems to be on a similar level to the Villa thread tbh and not nearly as busy as the Pool/United ones. its a good thing though means the thread is far easier to follow and with less contributers you know those posting and if their word is worth taking on board.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Much less bull **** on this thread. It always tips away nicely but on the other threads e.g. if Rooney farts then its an extra 10 pages on why he farted and how ill it affect the team!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

jank wrote: »
    Much less bull **** on this thread. It always tips away nicely but on the other threads e.g. if Rooney farts then its an extra 10 pages on why he farted and how ill it affect the team!:D

Very true, I keep an eye on them all, but usually skip to the last page of the other ones to see what they're saying while I read every page here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm happy not having too many posters. Remember the surge we had during the 'Liverpool trilogy'? It was impossible to keep up. Every village idiot on the board (I'm not referring to Liverpool fans mind, well maybe a couple, just opinionated passers by) was stopping by to hark on his two cents about the games, although usually just complaining and bickering amongst themselves.. Got very messy. The core posters here do a good job. Not that I'm trying to discourage new posters of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

jank wrote: »

Agreed. Now what hairstyle do we all think would work best for Ade for next season?, the Bernie Mac didn't seem to work so well so i think maybe he should go for the Mr. T next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

playa3 wrote: »
    Agreed. Now what hairstyle do we all think would work best for Ade for next season?, the Bernie Mac didn't seem to work so well so i think maybe he should go for the Mr. T next.

Has to be long, he cut it before the Birmingham and look what happened, Ade should now be Samson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

It looks like Sepp has got some ammunition to go to the EU with about quotas, 6 +5 rule
    I still don't think it will happen anytime soon though but Blatter seems intent on getting his way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7421348.stm

Its never going to happen thanks to EU legislation.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://101greatgoals.magnify.net/item/NX6XTM8H04RML202

Bendtner's assist against the Dutch. Quality. I can't understand why some people want to sell him.

• Advertisement

Nice footwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ha, he used the Cruyff turn against the Dutch on their home patch! Delicious.

Good news is that Eduardo seems to be making great progress with his recovery. Got this from another Arsenal forum, its translated from a croatian site:
    - I feel fantastic, my recovery is going great. My leg doesn't hurt any more. Not even a little bit, it's as if it wasn't even broken. My agony is coming to an end, even before I could even think it could happen, it's like a miracle recovery. I train every day, I'm doing stuff all day. Also, I train normally in the gym. Physically I feel great. And, I'm training with the ball as well! The foot that was broken functions great. Of course, I don't kick the ball, I must stay careful.

- I'm coming back to Europe at the beginning of August, maybe even late July. The doctors say I'll be completely ready to get back to football then. I hope so as well, because I feel so god that I think I could play against Austria in Vienna. Of course, that's not true, but I'm saying that to try and describe the state of my health and my great mood.

- I bought the biggest TV in Brazil. I'm going to watch the games and cheer and send messages to congratulate the guys. I'll be playing together with them, I'm a part of that beautiful national team, I feel like I'm with them in Austria.

Superb. A fully fit strike force at the start of next season, I wonder...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Superb. A fully fit strike force at the start of next season, I wonder...?

I don't think Arsene will rush him back to be honest. Still good to see he is doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I agree. The start of the season is too soon imo. Also great assist by Bendtner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A fully fit strike force would be great, just read that van Persie is gonna miss out on the Euro Championships with that thigh injury,

Jesus we are almost turning into Newcastle with our players getting stupid injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

Great to see Eduardo on his way back, hopefully Van persie comes through the Euro's unscathed.

Hope we get a centre half and two strong midfielders in.

Would Richard dunne be a good edition, I think he has finally got most of the kinks out of his game, if he can keep the weight off, I think he would be a great addition, in the Martin keown Mould.

Wouldn't mind if RvP missed out on Euro2008, if it meant he recovered in time for the Prem season.

I'd wager that Eduardo will be fit before RvP and Rosicky at this stage.

[Edit]- Wait Van Persie isn't out for the tournament, just the friendly tonight

A fully fit strike force would be great, just read that van Persie is gonna miss out on the Euro Championships with that thigh injury,

Jesus we are almost turning into Newcastle with our players getting stupid injuries
    van Persie himself says that he's fit, they just aren't rushing him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If Van Persie's not playing then of the current first XI, only Fabregas and Gallas will be at Euro 2008. Nasri too if we want to get ahead of ourselves.

Obviously the players will be very disappointed not to be there, but it's good news for Arsenal. Hopefully Ronaldo and a few others will come back crocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

jasonorr wrote: »
    Interesting...number of posts in forum since Saturday:

United 647
    Liverpool 373
    Arsenal 68

No real surprises there, I suppose...is this a good guide for how support may be spread throughout Ireland, or would the Pool be closer to United?
    Very hard to say based on those numbers. Age profile would need to be considered. I'd guess that united would be more popular than Liverpool and Arsenal amongst fans in early 20s and late teens (see Xavi's survey a few months ago). As this is the typical age of most boards users the united forum would be over represented relative to the population fan base. Nationally I'd say Liverpool would be way closer to united than that table but still a little behind.

Since united won a double that'll also boost numbers on their forum. Just my 2 cents.

If Van Persie's not playing then of the current first XI, only Fabregas and Gallas will be at Euro 2008. Nasri too if we want to get ahead of ourselves.
    Obviously the players will be very disappointed not to be there, but it's good news for Arsenal. Hopefully Ronaldo and a few others will come back crocked.

apart from the swiss boys as well. not sure if Djourou will play though, Senderos will.

Just looking forward to a fit squad at the end of summer, but can we take chances that these players can stay fit next season? I hope Arsene is looking into a replacment for Rosicky just in case.

Hopefully Ronaldo will come back in a REal madrid shirt heh heh. Did you hear fergusons rant about sitting him in the stand, seriously rattled.

Kind of ironic him complaining about Madrid's transfer methods. He's known for tapping up himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Galvasean wrote: »
    Kind of ironic him complaining about Madrid's transfer methods. He's known for tapping up himself.
    There were one or two "cease and desist" warnings from Porto alright, if I remember correctly :D.

Used send phil mexes a christmas card every year. Altho i hope someone does charge madrid, united have ronaldo, we'd vieira, henry, reyes and cesc.

Used send phil mexes a christmas card every year.
    Actually i think there was suspiciousness about Flamini's transfer (to Arsenal) too.
    Altho i hope someone does charge madrid, united have ronaldo, we'd vieira, henry, reyes and cesc.

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

We had madrid use the same tactics on vieira,henry, cesc, reyes. They use marca, perez\calferon coming out saying i would'nt mind if he signed, we even had the sscummy radio interview with reyes(probably was'nt real). I'd love if uefa charged them, possible transfer embargo. Everyone taps up, noones caught, but i just dislike the way Real and barca go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Beginning to worry about this Nasri deal.

I'm thinking that he might be a starter for France in the Euro Championship.

Is it possible that his agent could be trying to stall it as his transfer fee and wages will skyrocket on the back of a good championship.

I can see it now.

'Nasri will sign, Nasri will sign' ... for the next fortnight.

And then ... 'It's only two weeks to Euro 2008 and he doesn't want any distractions during his preparations ... but he wants to be an Arsenal player'

I'm not so thrilled that I was right about this but I predicted that we'd win the quadruple in my following post. :D

Maybe he'll sign and maybe he won't. I still think Arsne will make some good signings this summer. Either players at the euros who are being overlooked (like Gilberto after the world cup) or players not at the Euros that no-ones looking at cause they're all following the national teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

It looks like Arsenal are in for Ramsey along with United
    It's either us or Liverpool and most sites seem to think Arsenal are the second club Cardiff have accepted an offer from.
    ManU still have the advantage I reckon with the whole Ryan Giggs thing and the fact they are willing to loan him back to Cardiff

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/bids-accepted-from-united-another-club-for-ramsey/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

playa3 wrote: »
    Good news is that Eduardo seems to be making great progress with his recovery. Got this from another Arsenal forum, its translated from a croatian site:

Really hope he makes a full recovery.
    Was a horrific injury, but Cisse suffered something similar and came back as
    good (or bad) as ever.
    Will be like singing a new player for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=542140&cc=5739

Great to see RVP is hungry for action, great attitude, hopefully he will roar into next years prem....

An outsider for top goalscorer maybe>?

The exact same stuff was said about him last season. Hopefully that might happen, but...

I suppose the one thing you could note as a reason for optimism with regards to his fitness is that his injuries seem to be completely unrelated; he hasn't got dodgy knees or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I suppose the one thing you could note as a reason for optimism with regards to his fitness is that his injuries seem to be completely unrelated; he hasn't got dodgy knees or anything.

injuries don't have to appear in the same spot for them to be related. I think when someone gets injuries as much as RVP there's something wrong with the mental state, they way they carry themselves perhaps, that invites injuries.

injuries don't have to appear in the same spot for them to be related. I think when someone gets injuries as much as RVP there's something wrong with the mental state, they way they carry themselves perhaps, that invites injuries.
    Spare me your new-agey mumbo jumbo! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Yup, great news... key part of this year's success and hopefully he'll be raring to go for next season again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I agree, great news. We looked much weaker at the back once he got injured in the Chelsea game.

Skysports claim we’ve had a bid of just under £10m turned down for Udinese’s Columbian centre-back Christian Zapata.

He sounds like a good signing to me, strong, quick and good in the air. It is hard to see Wenger spending £10m+ on a defender though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Skysports claim we’ve had a bid of just under £10m turned down for Udinese’s Columbian centre-back Christian Zapata.

He sounds like a good signing to me, strong, quick and good in the air. It is hard to see Wenger spending £10m+ on a defender though.

I know, they want £15.8m!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3649183,00.html

It is hard to see Wenger spending £10m+ on a defender though.

he'd be an excellent buy if they did though. any time i've seen him play he looked the business defensively, and he'd be well able to fit into Arsenal's passing game. for all the talk of Richards in PL circles, Zapata is just as good a prospect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well its a lot of money for a prospect but if they think he is worth it then why not? Maybe a swap deal with Senderous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Didnt see this coming

Adebayor Agrees Milan Move
    According to sources in Italy, Arsenal forward Emmanuel Adebayor has agreed to join AC Milan, and all that is required to complete the deal is for the Rossoneri to meet the Gunners’ €40m asking price.

Milan are well known to be in the market for a top class centre forward, and a couple of weeks ago Coach Carlo Ancelotti announced that the club would be signing one out of Samuel Eto’o, Didier Drogba, Adebayor or Amauri.

With the latter having since joined Juventus, only three of these possibilities remain, and according to sources in Italy, it is Adebayor who will be filling the gap in the Rossoneri frontline.

Adebayor has come to an agreement over personal terms to join the Diavoli, and all that is required to complete the deal is for Milan to meet Arsenal’s asking price, which is set at a cool €40m.

Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani would ideally like to lower this price, but are prepared to break the bank having recently vowed to spend big this summer.

Only a few days ago, Adebayor vowed to stay at Arsenal.

“I came to Arsenal with a mission to succeed," he explained.

"I’ve assured the gaffer Arsène Wenger I’ll stay because I believe in the team and I want to assure the fans my concentration is here. I have no reason to leave so I’ll stay to ensure that together we’ll win silverware."

Mathieu Flamini has already joined Milan on a free transfer this summer, while Aliaksandr Hleb seems almost certain to follow him out of the exit door. If Adebayor were to leave too, it would certainly be an almost irreparable blow to Arsenal ahead of the 2008/09 season.

Roberto Rossi

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=724190

• Advertisement

Adebayor wtf? not what i wanted to wake up too...

there can't be any truth to that can there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wouldn't put too much trust in goal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The article was dated yesterday and no one else seems to have picked it up so I wouldn't be hugely concerned.

The story is also in the Telegraph, it cites Gazetta dello Sport as the source.

Probably BS but either way I'm not concerned. Arsenal won't let him go on the cheap (according to the story they want £32m) and Adebayor is replaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Reckon we'll still have Ade next year. But if Milan are silly enough to pay over £30m, I'd almost take it if there was a cheaper (and better-finishing) alternative already agreed. I'd rather he stayed though for continuity purposes.

Hleb meeting Barca supposedly - now that Inter are out of the race (and given the fact that his departure seems inevitable), how much do people think we might get for him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement