Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

:) spot the typo in the above article! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mr Alan wrote: »

Premier League giants Eveton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

and indication perhaps that Wenger sees him as the long term replacement for Gilberto in midfield?
    As far as I remember, Wenger's said that he sees centre-back qualities in him and plans for him to play there (another of his Toure/Lauren/Henry moves)... great news, though - even though some here were quite critical of him, I thought he did pretty well last year

If we're going for a bargain keeper, I'd prefer someone like Jussi myself (even if he's verbally agreed a new Bolton contract) - Given's missed too many matches recently for my liking

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

:)

The relationship with the local rival – one area where Liverpool and Arsenal fans certainly see eye to eye!

Good to see that Ramsey has chosen us. Not so much because of his what he can do on a pitch, because I doubt we’ll see much of him next season, but because it reaffirms what people sometimes forget: that Arsenal are still a big draw. Although from what I’ve read about him, he could become a viable backup for Fabregas before too long. At any rate it’s nice to sign a player who isn’t already dreaming of playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona one day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Also nice to see one of the Home Countries players sign. Sky and co always like to stick the knife in about too many foreigners at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anyone know when the new home jersey is going to be released?

July 3rd I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Anyone know when the new home jersey is going to be released?

yeah it's July 3rd. check the link in one of Galvasean's posts above for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

har har

How to become a fans favourite before you've even kicked a ball.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3672818,00.html

gosplan wrote: »
    har har

LOL i love him already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

har har

Maybe he might move to Premiership Giants Everton once finished with Stepping Stone Spurs !!!:D

har har

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd say a key factor in Ramsey choosing us over United and the giant blue Premier league club that isn't Chelsea was our Carling Cup approach. He can probably get a few games under his belt against quality opposition for Arsenal in that tournament. It worked for Fab and RvP.

Hey, anybody know any info about ticket availability for the Amsterdam Tournament?
    As far as I can tell there is nothing online. Has it even officially been announced yet?
    I'm hoping to get out there with some mates this year.

Tickets aren't available yet as far as I know. I have to get out there one of these years, would be great craic I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154814/contentid=66669

I would imagine an email to Ajax's ticket office would get you the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Would ye like Thorsten Frings to Replace The Flamini void?

He is versatile

Has experience

Would cost approx 4 million apparently.

//I am not trying to influence Wenger into a decision or anything

Team for 09:
    Neur;
    Sagna, Toure (C), Zapata/Gallas, Clichy;
    Rosicky, Fabregas, Frings, Nasri;
    Adebayor, Van Perise/Eduardo

only ever seen him when he plays for Germany, but he's not a bad player at all. could do a lot worse. might be worth a punt at that price. but it wont happen, not a Wenger buy really.

edit: didn't realise he is already over 30. they dont need another veteran with Gilberto still in the squad.

the more i think about it anyway i really want Denilson to be given a chance to make the place his own. he has the technical ability imo, he's shown that so far in the few times i've seen him. I think a good run in the team might give him the confidence needed.

pfft. how you're just playing mindgames. ignore him Arsene ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I haven't seen enough of Denilson really (seen plenty of games he's been in but wasn't paying specific attention to him), how is his tackling? if he were to take on Flamini's role in the team next to Fabregas he'd need to be fairly 'on the ball' defensively, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

He is versatile

Has experience

Would cost approx 4 million apparently.

Team for 09:
    Neur;
    Sagna, Toure (C), Zapata/Gallas, Clichy;
    Rosicky, Fabregas, Frings, Nasri;
    Adebayor, Van Perise/Eduardo

Rumours today, that Arsenal want Ya Ya toure plus 5 million for Hleb. Wenger has being following him for a long time. He could be the signing we want in the middle of the park. Big Strong and versitile. And it would be good business.

• Advertisement

Denilson is a fairly tough nut, I wouldn’t have any concerns about his tackling at all. My only concerns would be whether he’d have the maturity and know-how to effectively shield the defence. His positioning and decision making might need a bit of work. He’s definitely got the battling qualities and technical ability to partner Cesc though. Le Prof described him as a cross between Gilberto and Rosicky; I’d say he’s more of a cross between Roy Keane and Edu or Xabi Alonso.

I’d be happy with Denilson replacing Flamini next season IF other areas of the team are strengthened. If Wenger signs a big, powerful CB for the starting eleven, keeps or replaces Hleb AND signs Nasri, then I’ll be happy to see Denilson get the nod because the team will be stronger overall and able to cope with any teething issues that might occur with Denilson settling in to a starting role. However, if the only change we see this summer is Nasri in and Hleb out, I shall not be a happy camper…

I’d love Frings at Arsenal. He’s a terrific player who I’ve rated for a long time. Very underrated. He’d be a superb partner for Cesc and he’d offer a creative edge that would offset the ‘downgrade’ of swapping Hleb for Nasri. He’d be an ideal stop-gap for a season or two until Denilson was completely ready to take over from him. Tough, mobile, strong tackler, shields the defence, passes well, scores from range and can take a free kick. I’d be amazed if Wenger went for a 31 year old though.

Don’t want Yaya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Denilson is a fairly tough nut, I wouldn’t have any concerns about his tackling at all. My only concerns would be whether he’d have the maturity and know-how to effectively shield the defence. His positioning and decision making might need a bit of work. He’s definitely got the battling qualities and technical ability to partner Cesc though. Le Prof described him as a cross between Gilberto and Rosicky; I’d say he’s more of a cross between Roy Keane and Edu or Xabi Alonso.

I’d be happy with Denilson replacing Flamini next season IF other areas of the team are strengthened. If Wenger signs a big, powerful CB for the starting eleven, keeps or replaces Hleb AND signs Nasri, then I’ll be happy to see Denilson get the nod because the team will be stronger overall and able to cope with any teething issues that might occur with Denilson settling in to a starting role. However, if the only change we see this summer is Nasri in and Hleb out, I shall not be a happy camper…

I’d love Frings at Arsenal. He’s a terrific player who I’ve rated for a long time. Very underrated. He’d be a superb partner for Cesc and he’d offer a creative edge that would offset the ‘downgrade’ of swapping Hleb for Nasri. He’d be an ideal stop-gap for a season or two until Denilson was completely ready to take over from him. Tough, mobile, strong tackler, shields the defence, passes well, scores from range and can take a free kick. I’d be amazed if Wenger went for a 31 year old though.

Don’t want Yaya.

May i ask why?
    Yaya is a quality quality player.
    The closest thing i have seen to Viera in a long time.
    He is big, has a amazing engine, good tackler and most important of all he
    is a good passer of the ball which is a rarity for a player in his position.
    He has never looked out of place with his passing compared to the likes
    of Xavi, Inestia and Deco in the barca midfield.
    Why on earth would Arsenal not want him?

http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154814/contentid=66669

I would imagine an email to Ajax's ticket office would get you the answer.

Oh its not til August? No rush so. I heard it was July so was getting a bit worried.

how much are Arsenal getting Narsi for?

IrishMike wrote: »
    May i ask why?
    He lacks the mobility and defensive instincts that Arsenal need in a partner for Fabregas. He’s much more suited to playing further forward in the role that Fabregas plays and that Vieira played. He’s like a more-rounded version of Diaby.
    £11m to £13m are the figures being thrown around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

IrishMike wrote: »
    May i ask why?

He's good but he strikes me as slightly clumsy and doesn't have the technical ability to play in the Arsenal midfield - and remember Viera played alongside another defensive midfielder.

But on the whole, this story seems like a load of crap. Hleb possibly going to the place that Toure's brother plays implies some kind of a swap.

Wenger had the chance to sign Yaya and chose not to, can't see him changing his mind.

Also there's no way Barca would let him go as they really don't have a backup.

More crap in the Italian press about Adebayor to Milan.

don't read Italian, but it's saying something like he has instructed his agent to inform Arsenal he wants to move. or some crap. it also seems to make mention of Galliani perhaps travelling to London to make an offer... i think.

BBC wrote:
    Eduardo may return in pre-season

Arsenal striker Eduardo could be involved in pre-season training after making good progress in his recovery from a career-threatening injury.

The 25-year-old suffered a fractured left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle after a tackle by Birmingham's Martin Taylor in February.

Arsenal physiotherapist Gary Lewin said: "Hopefully, he will be back doing training during pre-season.

"We're setting no timescales. We don't want to put him under any pressure."

Lewin, who is to leave the Gunners to take up a role as head of physiotherapy with the England senior team next month, added: "We are confident Eduardo will make a full recovery."

The Croatia forward had been expected to be out of the game for nine months, but the former Dynamo Zagreb player has been doing extensive rehabilitation work in his native Brazil.

Meanwhile, midfielder Tomas Rosicky, who, like Eduardo, has been forced to miss Euro 2008 through injury, is making a good recovery after undergoing knee surgery.

Lewin told the club's official website: "Tomas has had surgery on his knee and we expect him to be flying by pre-season.

"We have had some real nasty injuries and I think that is part and parcel of the game.

"Look back at the years, we have been successful and we have had luck with injuries and not picked up many nasty injuries. Hopefully that will be the case next season."
    Seems Bilic and the various Croatian sources were spot on about Eduardo's recovery... I'd imagine he won't be back in full training that soon but great to hear it from Gary Lewin that he'll probably be back before the initial estimate of January.

Hope he's right about Rosicky too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Here seems to be the latest clip of Eduardo in Brazil. Encouraging to say the least.

http://arsenalanalysis.blogspot.com/2008/06/another-premiership-team-asks-for.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i don't think thats a done deal yet.......still hoping it goes through though.

I was just thinking if Barry falls through I'd love us to hijack it :)

but i remember reading a quote from Wenger while he was commentating on a match the the other week where he said the deal was pretty much done, or did i dream that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

who knows with wenger what he does be doing in the summer. i was reading today that arsenal are looking for yaya and 9 mil for hleb now. i think keeping hleb is vital though

I was just thinking if Barry falls through I'd love us to hijack it :)

but i remember reading a quote from Wenger while he was commentating on a match the the other week where he said the deal was pretty much done, or did i dream that?!

Am I not mad or are you a Liverpool fan :confused:
    Wenger will not go for Barry imo, Liverpool have this one sown up

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Am I not mad or are you a Liverpool fan :confused:
    Wenger will not go for Barry imo, Liverpool have this one sown up

Alan's true colours revealed at last? :pac:
    he probably meant Nasri

I did of course mean Nasri :)

• Advertisement

I did of course mean Nasri :)

So you are not an evil double agent
    Crisis averted Gunners fans ;)

Ramsey confirmed by Arsenal.com. Likened to a young Bryan Robson in an article on the website. Now Nasri please!

Apparently Barcelona have offered £8million for Hleb. Lets wait and see...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Apparently Barcelona have offered £8million for Hleb. Lets wait and see...

he should be easily worth twice that... I read today anyway that Barca's interest has cooled anyway.

I hope it doesn't cool. I would hate to see Hleb at arsenal next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

why would you hate to see Hleb at Arsenal next season? very good player imo

anyways, are you lot gonna buy Shay Given or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kryogen wrote: »

anyways, are you lot gonna buy Shay Given or wha?

Why would we want Given, maybe as a number two, but Almunia is better imo. We don't have issue with keepers imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why would we want Given, maybe as a number two, but Almunia is better imo. We don't have issue with keepers imo.

Oh for **** sake man. Given has for years proved himself to be among the best keepers in the EPL.

Almunia is a decent keeper but not near the level of Given.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

heard a rumour about it today....ill have a look for a link

actually has been going for a couple of weeks now, think Almunia is doing well, would not have Given above him, think our money would be better spent on a cb.

Oh for **** sake man. Given has for years proved himself to be among the best keepers in the EPL.

Almunia is a decent keeper but not near the level of Given.

Agree 100% Given is a phenomenal goalkeeper and tbh if he was English or Italian or Spanish he would be hailed in the media as the best in the world by now!

top class keeper

Corriere Della Sport in Italy claiming that Milan have finally contacted Arsenal about Adebayor. so you know everything else has been agreed... :rolleyes:
    Emmanuel Adebayor's agent Stephane Courbis claims that AC Milan have spoken to Arsenal about the Togo international striker and "know everything depends on what Arsenal want to do". (Il Corriere Dello Sport 2002 BST)

this could last til the end of the window...

Given can't get the #1 spot at Newcastle anymore and people expect him to walk into it at Arsenal?
    He's great when he's fit but his fitness has been awful for about a year now.

I am not doubting that he is a great player but I do not think any player should be there if he doesn't want to be there.

Agreed. No point in having a player, even if he has exceptional abilities, if he has no desire to play well for the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement