Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The prority now is to keep the rest of the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Almunia gets #1
    Vela gets #12
    Ramsey gets #16 :eek:

Just saw these on the Arsenal website myself and was wondering..
    Can we take these as definite's?

Just the new jersey is released day after my birthday and want to get Vela on the back but don't want to end up with the wrong bloody number...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, I can't recall them ever changing the numbers after announcing them.

BBC reporting the Nasri deal as done also now. If Arsene can keep all the other players and sign a CB, we'll be good to go. Hopefully his comments about not signing a defender were false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

By keeping all the other players do you include Hleb in that list, or is it generally accepted he's out the door?

Keep him. If he goes he needs to be replaced. Rosicky / Nasri / Walcott / AN Other as our wide midfield options would concern me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

15.8m for Nasri. A fair bit more than what was being talked about a few weeks ago. Confirmed by the players himself.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3728239,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

// Edit - Arsenal.com has photos of Nasri on the website now, so an announcement may be forthcoming.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Link

give him a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good news on Nasri.

Interesting having Ramsey #16. Could mean he may get some first team action. What was Walcott when he signed 32?
    Wonder what jersey Nasri will get, 8? ... 14? :eek: (remember I'm still annoyed that 6 wasn't permanently retired when Adams retired)

Martin Keown maes it in as #20 greatest Arsenal player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Marseille claim the deal isnt done yet.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Marseille claim the deal isnt done yet.

Spoil sports :mad:

only a matter of time though i'd imagine i wouldnt worry.

Heh, arsenal.com has taken the Nasri images down.

Heh, arsenal.com has taken the Nasri images down.

God Damn Frenchies....

I say he'll take #14 or #23 myself...
    Whenever he signs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Looks like the wenger\marseille hatred continues.

Serves us right kidnapping Flamini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

dunno if anyone has seen this before, but it's a compilation of Vela's contribution when Osasuna played Real warts and all.

he looks a good acquisition. I've seen little of him myself but based on this he's good at holding up the ball, quite strong for a young fecker and has an eye for a pass too, if a little overambitious. he looks comfortable on either wing or upfront too it seems. can see though he's far from the finished product, but I think we'll see a good bit of him next season. he absolutely humiliates Ramos at times.

he absolutely humiliates Ramos at times.
    Not hard ;)

Vela seems to be pretty good at turning around defenders. Looks a good prospect.

• Advertisement

Not hard ;)

true. but it's still funny to watch :D

I'm really hoping Vela will play a bigger part than Walcott did last year.
    With Rosicky most likely injured for a portion of the season, and #hleb maybe on his way I'm hoping he'll get his shot

Heh! i remember seeing a similar video of reyes raping madrid. Looks good but i'll hold my judgement until after the blackburn and bolton games where he'll get kicked up and down the pitch. Thank god the nevilles are no longer together in case they try and do a reyes on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It kind of undermines the legitimacy of that link that they have a picture of David Villa instead of David Silva:p

I heard on Sky Sports News this morning that Marseilles are signing Ben Arfa, could this mean they will be willing to let Nasri go now?

Seems obvious enough to me that it is Marseilles who are holding up the Nasri deal, presumably until they get a replacement to placate the fans ie Ben Arfa.

it would make sense that they get ben arfa, him and Benzema dont get on so Lyon would be willing to sell in order to keep their golden happy i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

That seems to be what is holding up the Nasri deal

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/25/Ligue-1-Marseille-sign-Ben-Arfa/

Maybe it will proceed a bit faster now

I wonder will the same situation happen with Hleb once Nasri is signed ?

• Advertisement

heh, just noticed that this thread is over two years old now. Maybe it's time for a fresh one? There's some pretty embarrassing stuff back there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

heh, just noticed that this thread is over two years old now. Maybe it's time for a fresh one? There's some pretty embarrassing stuff back there :pac:

No point in starting a new one really, I say we keep it all together!

I like the one per season. I say we should have a new one if
    A) We actually sign Nasri

or

B) Adebayor actually leaves

or

C) David Villa joins

or

D) Thierry Henry is not our no.1 legend on our gunner greatest players which will be mental...

or
    We could just wait for the Emirates Cup to start

Actually, who do you think our top 5 greatest players will be?

I'd Say:

Wrighty
    Henry
    Bergkamp
    Seaman
    Overmars

(I think I might be showing which generation fan I am:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd put Pires in ahead of Overmars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Adebayor "80 per cent" Milan according to his agent.

Milan offered 28million, arsenal want 31million, I'd say it will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Adebayor "80 per cent" Milan according to his agent.

Milan offered 28million, arsenal want 31million, I'd say it will be sorted soon.

Will be a mistake for him if he leaves imo but for that sort of money I would grab it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

£31 million is great money but it would really leave ye incredibly short upfront. With Van Persie (class act) very injury prone, Eduardo still recovering from his injury, the only experienced striker if you could even say that is Bendtner. So would ye expect Arsene to go out and buy 2 new strikers and possibly a centre back?

Yup, it's a mistake to join the most decorated club in world football, damned fool he is to join a small club like AC Milan...

Yup, it's a mistake to join the most decorated club in world football, damned fool he is to join a small club like AC Milan...

Where in my post did I describe AC Milan as a small club.

Just don't see how its a mistake to join Milan and become the focal point of the attack of one of the greatest clubs in the world...

• Advertisement

And miss out on Champions league for a year? Give us 3 years at the most, we'll see if he made the right choice.

Sure in 3 years he'll have a Seire A title and a CL medal ;)

Well, he'll be leaving the manager who made him the player he is and the fans who have supported him through some very barren spells. Will he get the same leeway at Milan? I doubt it.

If he does leave for a fee similar to the ones being bandied about, I won't be too bothered... it'd be almost as good business as Anelka.

£31 million is great money but it would really leave ye incredibly short upfront. With Van Persie (class act) very injury prone, Eduardo still recovering from his injury, the only experienced striker if you could even say that is Bendtner. So would ye expect Arsene to go out and buy 2 new strikers and possibly a centre back?

you forgot Vela and Walcott. both strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

you forgot Vela and Walcott. both strikers.
    Yeah I was going to mention Walcott but Wenger seems to play him more on the wing maybe this will change this season. Vela I did forget about but to rely on those two to get you the goals Ade scored is a huge risk. So who would be your ideal replacement for Ade if he does go. Santa Cruz has been mentioned and I reckon he could do a very good job.

Yeah I was going to mention Walcott but Wenger seems to play him more on the wing maybe this will change this season. Vela I did forget about but to rely on those two to get you the goals Ade scored is a huge risk. So who would be your ideal replacement for Ade if he does go. Santa Cruz has been mentioned and I reckon he could do a very good job.

Wenger does see Walcott as a striker whether he plays him as one this season, I am not too sure, I hope so, as I believe he will be as good as Henry.

Santa Cruz would be a good option imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is that £31m or euro and for that kind of money (not that Wenger would be likely to spend so big) why not go for Villa instead of Santa Cruz?

is that £31m or euro and for that kind of money (not that Wenger would be likely to spend so big) why not go for Villa instead of Santa Cruz?
    Wrong type of striker, imo.

Wrong type of striker, imo.

Indeed. Arsenal need a striker who's good at holding up the ball to bring in the midfielders to play the passing game. an acquisition like Villa would be nice, but will ultimately be an indulgence. there would still be a need for another strong striker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I dont want adeboyer to go but 31m is a good offer. I would turn it down though. It sends the wrong signals to the supporters, and other clubs that our best players are for sale.
    I think at this rate Cesc will be out the door in 12 months.

I dont know, i think it will be years before Arsenal are at the very top again...
    Maybe im too negative.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement