Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

A young french player nobody has heard of just coming back from a long injury lay off?, You betcha! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

playa3 wrote: »
    A young french player nobody has heard of just coming back from a long injury lay off?, You betcha! :pac:

Flamini mkII? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Saw the Adebayour's transfer story yesterday...
    • Why would he instigate such a rumour?
    • I reckon Arsene has mentioned it to him, he was bought for 5m he could go for 27m. Wenger is a business man and would think he can train a young player to take Ade's place. He is no Henry but then Henry is older and matured, it would take Adebayour a few yrs to get there but he would.
    • As a player he has to aim high, fvck loyalty he wants more money and if he can get it now then why the hell not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Hmmmm, with Barca keen on Adebayor, sorta opens up the chance of yous signing Villa doesnt it?
    Barca won't sign both surely, and I dont think Madrid will be after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Saw the Adebayour's transfer story yesterday...
    • Why would he instigate such a rumour?
    • I reckon Arsene has mentioned it to him, he was bought for 5m he could go for 27m. Wenger is a business man and would think he can train a young player to take Ade's place. He is no Henry but then Henry is older and matured, it would take Adebayour a few yrs to get there but he would.
    • As a player he has to aim high, fvck loyalty he wants more money and if he can get it now then why the hell not?

If the quotes are true it is sad imo as it shows he has turned into a big headed git, he has had one very good season, that is all.

MIN2511 wrote: »

nah, f*ck that. the entire game is based on loyalty, in economics terms clubs seek to create a monopoly of loyal fans who will buy sh*t off them no matter what. it's a bit sickening to see the average punter display so much loyalty to clubs and players alike and then have it thrown back in their face by muppets like Adebayor. loyalty keeps the entire game alive, gets the players extortional wages paid and they practically sh*t on it. f*ck him. i hope he gets his big money move and crashes and fades into obscurity. what would be lovely as well would be if it turned out his agent laundered all his 'pension'. one can but dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would be nice to see him move to Barca and fair about as well as Henry did. Maybe they'd think twice about buying any players off Arsenal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I've never rated Ade that highly. If you were the only striker on the arsenal team, you would've scored 30 goals last season. IMO get rid of him. He's a greedy git and we all know what happens to greedy gits after they leave AFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good luck to him if he wants to join AC Milan. Him and Flamini can have a great time in the Eufa Cup. I'd say Barcelona are the only real contenders for his signature. Sky Sports today were saying 'an English club' also wants him. Can't see it happening TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

chelsea were linked in the papers this morning, but i remember reading that Ferguson has made enquires about him last summer.

I'd love him at United, but not at the 30million being talked about - wouldn't go more then 20million for him.

All right, we'll give you Adebayor and you can give us that Ronaldo guy everyone seems to hate now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

dont do it Galvasean! you're selling your soul!!!! :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sure why would you want an over-rated one trick show pony? I hear Reyes is going to be better than him too. :D

Tauren wrote: »
    Reyes
    Don't mention that little waster in here :mad:

Biggest waste of talent I've ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Talent to burn but christ as dumb as they come

I remember seeing Reyes score six goals in his first seven games for us and thinking between him and Henry we are going to dominate English football for a long time. Then he realized he was homesick. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

nah, f*ck that. the entire game is based on loyalty, in economics terms clubs seek to create a monopoly of loyal fans who will buy sh*t off them no matter what. it's a bit sickening to see the average punter display so much loyalty to clubs and players alike and then have it thrown back in their face by muppets like Adebayor. loyalty keeps the entire game alive, gets the players extortional wages paid and they practically sh*t on it. f*ck him. i hope he gets his big money move and crashes and fades into obscurity. what would be lovely as well would be if it turned out his agent laundered all his 'pension'. one can but dream...

Agree withs most of that, but until now I've liked Ade as a person, from what I've seen of him, so I'd wish him all the best (although, we all know that most players crash and burn once they leave the Arsenal)

Galvasean wrote: »
    All right, we'll give you Adebayor and you can give us that Ronaldo guy everyone seems to hate now.

:eek:
    No thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Galvasean wrote: »
    I remember seeing Reyes score six goals in his first seven games for us and thinking between him and Henry we are going to dominate English football for a long time. Then he realized he was homesick. :mad:

I won €150 out out of him from those first few games :D
    Saw him in pre-season and he was impressive, saw that he 25/1 with PP to win player of the month for the September and stuck a few quid on him! That was the last time I put any money on him!!

As for Abe, I don't really rate him, he had good players around him last season. Any half decent striker would notch up a nice tally in that team. If Arsenal can get €20 million for him then they shouldn't think twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

jester77 wrote: »
    I won €150 out out of him from those first few games :D
    Saw him in pre-season and he was impressive, saw that he 25/1 with PP to win player of the month for the September and stuck a few quid on him! That was the last time I put any money on him!!

As for Abe, I don't really rate him, he had good players around him last season. Any half decent striker would notch up a nice tally in that team. If Arsenal can get €20 million for him then they shouldn't think twice!

If we could get Santa Cruz, I wouldn't mind getting £30m for Ade :D

I'd be concerned about Santa Cruz's ability to stay fit, though I'd have none about his footballing ability. He'd be a great partner for any of our strikers. If he arrived and by some miracle both himself AND van Persie stayed fit, I don't think any Gooner would give a **** about Ade leaving.

Lots of ifs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Read i9n the Indo today that Arsenal could be in for Veloso.
    That would be our best signing of the summer imo.
    He's a cracking player and would really fill Flamini's position.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Read i9n the Indo today that Arsenal could be in for Veloso.
    That would be our best signing of the summer imo.
    He's a cracking player and would really fill Flamini's position.

been linked with him in the tabloids plenty of times already. i'd be surprised if it's anything but paper talk tbh.

been linked with him in the tabloids plenty of times already. i'd be surprised if it's anything but paper talk tbh.

Yeah yaken with a pinch of salt. I'd love it though...

• Advertisement

Meh. I'd rather a CB.

Meh. I'd rather a CB.

yeah, me too. i'm rather disappointed myself the Zapata rumours came to nought. looks like he'll stick with Senderos, Song and Djourou as back up though... i don't think there's been a CB linked with the club in the past few weeks which is surprising given the usual state of affairs.

Meh. I'd rather a CB.

So would I.
    That doesnt mean it wouldnt be a good signing. If we didnt get a CB before next season he would at least be a help in shielding the defence...
    Also he can play CB in a pinch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

are yous expecting a CB to be signed, despite Wenger saying he would be?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Wenger saying he isn't going to sign X, I seem to recall him saying he wasn't going to buy anyone in January and then two weeks later he spent £10m on Reyes.

He did mention at the AST meeting about 2 months ago that the team had been weak at defending high balls down the middle and that was one thing that had to be addressed. Hopefully that doesn't mean Alex Song is the only addition to the CB area.

• Advertisement

Oh and post #500!

Oh and post #500!

post whore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Who is zis Bremen midfielder?

Anyone know anything?

gosplan wrote: »

Anyone know anything?
    He makes great fish and chips

But on a more serious note, apparently Werder Bremen’s website have confirmed that he is going to Arsenal. I’d check myself but I don’t really give a crap.

French – check
    Defensive Midfielder – check
    Short – check
    Injury prone – check
    Reserve teamer – check
    Cheap - check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

gosplan wrote: »

Anyone know anything?

He played for Bremens Reserve. Has only 1 game in the first team, and that was as a substitution in an Uefa Cup Game against Celta Vigo.

For the last 3 seasons he played 62 games in Bremans Reserve (third german league) and scored 6 goals.

Can't see him to be much of a signing, tbh.

How much did ye pay for him?

Free transfer

Free transfer

What... Freebies all the way!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Stefan Malz mk.II.

• Advertisement

Apparently Bischoff is an attacking midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.

Eduardo says he'll be fit enough to play football in August, maybe even July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Eduardo says he'll be fit enough to play football in August, maybe even July.

How is that even possible. I will be amazed to see him on at least the bench come Julu/August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Veloso has apparently been **** for about two seasons now.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How is that even possible. I will be amazed to see him on at least the bench come Julu/August.

i'd say that's a mistranslation. i'd say he means start training with a football, or with the team perhaps at best. Wenger wouldn't let him near the bench by then i'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Apparently Bischoff is an attacking midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.
    I confirmed this by typing 'Amaury Bischoff attacking' into Google... although interestingly, result #7 didn't mention that he was an attacking midfielder - it only showed up because it reported on Joey Barton's suspended sentence :)

i'd say that's a mistranslation. i'd say he means start training with a football, or with the team perhaps at best. Wenger wouldn't let him near the bench by then i'd imagine.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1365673.ece

He started jogging a few weeks ago.

exactly. he's only going to start kicking a ball in the next few weeks.

Isn't that what football is?

Isn't that what football is?

uhhh... no. playing football would be playing in matches, perhaps even merely taking part in some training exercises. kicking a football is just that. kicking it. another step in rebuilding the strength in the leg. that's where Eduardo would be at i'd imagine in the next few weeks, still a long way off even training with the first team yet.

• Advertisement

Veloso has apparently been **** for about two seasons now.

According to.....
    Coz nearly everyone time I've watched him play with Sporting he's been very good...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement