Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

has there been anymore news on the nasri deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

uhhh... no. playing football would be playing in matches, perhaps even merely taking part in some training exercises. kicking a football is just that. kicking it. another step in rebuilding the strength in the leg. that's where Eduardo would be at i'd imagine in the next few weeks, still a long way off even training with the first team yet.
    Given that he's been kicking a ball for the last while (remember that video a couple of weeks ago showing his rehabilitation?) and been jogging for a bit too, I'd say he could be back in first-team training by August... I agree he'll probably be nowhere near the bench for a while though.

None of us are experts, though, and speculation won't change when he's actually ready to participate fully again so ultimately we're just gonna have to wait and see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Indie18 wrote: »
    has there been anymore news on the nasri deal.

Rumour is that it's a done deal but Marseille don't want to announce it yet for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Given that he's been kicking a ball for the last while (remember that video a couple of weeks ago showing his rehabilitation?)

was he kicking a ball in that? i have no memory of it... my mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

"Arsene Wenger is a cunning fox. In the morning he says Arshavin will play all the time at his club and during the day he says he doubts the capabilities of Andrei to play three games in a row at the highest level.

"But this is a tactic to fool the competition. He calls Andrei a Tsar and then tries to deny interest in the player."

Zenit coach Dick Advocat confirmed last month that the Russian international has made known his desire to leave the club. Aside from Arsenal's interest, which Lakhter described as "the most active", Barcelona and Chelsea have made approaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Stefan Malz mk.II.
    Apparently Bischoff is an attacking midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.

Alberto Mendez Rodrigues mk II?

I saw that link too, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get him anyway or too disappointed!

Great I come home from holiday and still no concrete Nasri news. :(

New kit out today.. What name/number to get... Might take a gamble with Vela #12.

Website has some more of our greatest players countdown:
    14 - Dave O' Leary
    13 - Kanu
    12 - Marc Overmars
    Can't agree with Kanu being better than Dave TBH.

So here is the latest crop of youth players to be given pro contracts:
    http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=493405&cpid=703&title=Six+youngsters+sign+pro+contract
    My only experience with them is from Football Manager. Lansbury and Murphy generally become good.

Galvasean wrote: »
    What name/number to get... Might take a gamble with Vela #12.

WALCOTT

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

jasonorr wrote: »
    What name/number to get... Might take a gamble with Vela #12.
    WALCOTT
    LEFRITS

CROUCH

only messing;)

All the more amusing because you picked Gallas' number :)

I was gonna go looking for a vacant number, but that would have required too much effort :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

CHAMPIONS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

If i ever get a gunners shirt it would be

SACK GALLAS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Anyone but Eboue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

PDN wrote: »
    Anyone but Eboue!

lol but true

I think we were mad not to sell adebayor, apparantly barca were offering 20million

newbie2 wrote: »
    CHAMPIONS
    Well we're top of the table so far... I really hope Aldershot never make it to the Premier League, it'd ruin July forever

new-away-kit-21.jpgaway-kit-11.jpg

Looks ace

• Advertisement

Away kit is August 1st. Same day as the soccer beers..

Got my home shirt today. Be warned, medium is the EXACT same size as last years large. Now either I got an anomaly or people are just getting fat.

edit: Meant to say Tesco Clare Hall had the home kit and that weird white one with the tiny horizontal red stripes. Looked kinda naf. Might be a coaching jersey. No goalie kit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Going to get my jersey now in a few.

The back will Read:

VELA
    Goal Machine
    (I hope...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

14 - Dave O' Leary
    13 - Kanu
    12 - Marc Overmars
    Can't agree with Kanu being better than Dave TBH.

Seems O'Leary might have got some of his popularity back amongst the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If Cashley C*** can get in the list, o'leary most definately can.

Got my jersey there earlier.
    You really weren't messing Galvasean, the Medium was pretty fcuking big!
    Vela on the back so he better rule, they didnt even know who he was when I asked.

Me: "Can I get Vela on the back?"
    Employee: "Fab-re-gas?"
    Me: "No Vela!"
    Employee: "Fab-re-gas?"

:p

I'm more surprised they did'nt say 'H-E-N-R-Y'.

Maybe they jsut had no " H's " left.... :p

• Advertisement

30million return from a 4.5 million investment
    And he's not even that good, there's better strikers out there that we could definitely afford with 30million.
    Wouldn't really rush to try and sign Santa Cruz or Martins though....

OPENROAD wrote: »

ha, if true f*cking brilliant. Wenger played his hand masterfully again.

still i don't for a second believe there is any truth to any story i see about any player these days. so much bull crap. i'll wait til the official announcements thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Frisbee wrote: »
    30million return from a 4.5 million investment
    And he's not even that good, there's better strikers out there that we could definitely afford with 30million.
    Wouldn't really rush to try and sign Santa Cruz or Martins though....

€37mill is nothing, who can you get who is better than Adebayor and is still young for that?

Villa.

Aaron, Aguero, Villa...

• Advertisement

Villa is 27 or so. not young. also would cost more than that i'd imagine.

and no longer available by most accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Villa.

Villa is good, but he has nothing on Adebayor imo.

Villa can only play one way, is useless in the air, has no pace, is a midget and would cost at least €35mill

Wenger would never buy Villa, when Theo can give him so much more and you have Eduardo too.

Could pick up Quaresma and play 2 AM's and a frontman from the choice of:

RVP, Vela, Walcott, Rosicky, Quaresma, Hleb, Nasri, Eduardo (when he gets back).

Robinho aswell maybe could be affordable with the 30 plus a bit more...

if Wenger lets Ade go i think it's because he already believes he has a replacement in the ranks. My money would be on Bendtner to make an impact next year. otherwise i don't think he'll let him go, not at the moment at least, because that type of player is in such short supply.

My money would be on Bendtner to make an impact next year.

Lot of loose cash? ;)

• Advertisement

I wonder if we will see Walcott up front this season.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Lot of loose cash? ;)

actually none. but that's a different story (see sig).

but in general he's a player who is vastly under rated by Arsenal fans, primarily because they've seen so little of him. so much hype about the wee man Walcott, but the big man who has almost as many caps for his country as appearances for Arsenal never get's a mention... next season will be his make or break. if he doesn't have an impact he'll possibly bugger off as he's highly rated on the continent.

Quaresma went to inter did'nt he?

If he gets someone it has to be an ade type player, he added a different dimension to our attack. We did'nt have to play it on the ground anymore. robinho if them.. are in for him, theres no way we can compete.

Quaresma went to inter did'nt he?

nothing official as far as i know. but the moeny being quited for him is ridiculous, €40m or something stupid. basically only a club bankrolled by a billionaire will buy him imo, Inter or Chelsea.

Not arsenal related but Read this and laughed, http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3772574,00.html. 90% milan sure to go to milan,he's not going then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Adebayour is almost irreplacable imo. Villa wouldn't offer what he has. Cruz might.

PHB wrote: »
    Adebayour is almost irreplacable imo.
    No, Adebayor on form (ie start and end of last season) is almost irreplaceable - Adebayor of the middle of last season or end of the season before when he can't hit a barndoor and his touch starts letting him down and he starts running ahead of all the opposition defenders and his teammate with the ball is not. And for my money, we still don't know for sure which Adebayor he'll be long-term so I'd take Santa Cruz (who I always thought looked useful in his Bayern days, even if he didn't score that much) plus £10m or so in change for him (that's all assuming the prices being talked about are roughly accurate of course).
    Villa wouldn't offer what he has
    Agreed - I really don't see the need for Villa at Arsenal. But I do think it's forgotten how good RVP is at dropping deep, taking the ball in and laying it off - the main reason everyone remembers Ade doing that last year is because Van Persie was injured for so much of it...

more Adebayor ****: this time from the Guardian.
    Barcelona are to submit an increased offer worth about £30m for Emmanuel Adebayor after Arsenal privately conceded that they are prepared to sell the unsettled Togo striker if the price is right.

An initial offer of about £24m from the Catalan club was rejected this week because the Gunners are determined to secure a fee that reflects the value of a player who cost them only £4.2m from Monaco 18 months ago but has improved immeasurably under Arsène Wenger. Adebayor has been a revelation since moving to England and scored 30 goals in all competitions last season as Arsenal remained in contention for the Premier League title and European Cup before running out of steam in the last three months of the campaign.

Wenger was initially resistant to interest from Milan and Barcelona but he has grown weary of the mixed messages he has received from Adebayor and the 24-year-old striker's agent, Stéphane Courbis, with Adebayor veering from pledging his future to the club one minute to suggesting it would be better for all parties if he were allowed to move on the next. He earns some £35,000 a week at the Emirates and has been keen to secure a more lucrative deal.

Arsenal had been prepared to enter into negotiations but it appears the Togo forward has now burnt his bridges with the club. That will pave the way for a move to Camp Nou - Milan having hinted that they could not afford the player - but, even though Arsenal's price will soon be met, the timing of the deal will depend on how swiftly the Gunners lure a replacement. Wenger's first choice is believed to be Blackburn Rovers' Roque Santa Cruz, who impressed during a prolific first season in the Premier League, but Manchester United have also expressed a tentative interest in the Paraguayan.

The new Rovers manager, Paul Ince, will resist attempts to lure Santa Cruz away and expects both the striker and David Bentley, the subject of interest from Tottenham Hotspur, to report back for pre-season training on Monday. But the Lancashire club are realistic and a substantial offer for the forward would be likely to secure him for Arsenal.

Wenger is understood to be disappointed by Adebayor's attitude and recognises that there is no value in retaining the services of a player who feels his future does not lie at the Emirates. Adebayor would relish a move to Barça, whose president, Joan Laporta, faces a "motion of censure" by club members on Sunday which, if lost, will see him thrust into an election to retain his position.

Yet the desire to appease members with a big-name signing to follow the £23.5m purchase of Sevilla's Daniel Alves is only one element of Laporta's thinking. Barcelona have made it clear that their priority this summer is signing a striker with physical presence, after sanctioning the departure of Samuel Eto'o. They had considered Chelsea's Didier Drogba but have been persuaded that Adebayor represents better value, given his age.

Adebayor will follow Mathieu Flamini out of Arsenal, the midfielder having signed for Milan under the Bosman ruling, and Alexander Hleb is also expected to depart before the start of the season, with Barcelona and Bayern Munich having expressed interest in the Belarus midfielder. Wenger will secure Marseille's Samir Nasri as a replacement and intends to play Abou Diaby as a central midfielder, with Gilberto Silva as an experienced back-up, though he may yet be tempted back into the market to strengthen his squad.

Villarreal may yesterday have deflected any interest Wenger had in their Spain midfielder Marcos Senna by insisting any suitor would have to pay about £30m for the 31-year-old, who was one of the most consistent performers at Euro 2008.

main reason i posted this up is because i can't really see for the life of me what it signifies... are they saying Arsenal will definitely sell for £30m? it's a little vague...

£30m would be very good money for Adebayor. One could replace him with someone like Santa Cruz, Pavlyuchenko or Pogrebnyak and use the rest of the money to strengthen other areas of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah but how much is Santa Cruz gonna cost? £20m? He's not worth that imo, just like Adebayor's not worth £30m. Therefore selling him for £30m isn't that great business if a proper replacement isn't lined up.

If Adebayor was happy to stay then I'd never accept the bid. As he's bitching about money and generally acting the gobshíte then it's time to say goodbye pending the £30m bid story being true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement