Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Transfer Rumours And General Chat

1808182838486»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Agreed - but if we can get a full season (or close enough) from Rosicky, I don't think he'll be needed...

indeed. Nasri as replacement for Hleb should be enough in terms of the offensive requirements. I'm not even fully convinced a replacement will be needed for Adebayor with Bendtner in the sidelines.

get a good CB in and i'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

get a good CB in and i'll be happy.

+1
    Definitely where we're lacking.
    Especially when Sagna got injured and we had to put Kolo at RB

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If we sell Adebayor and don't sign a replacement I will NOT be happy. We will have zero chance of winning the PL next season if that happens.

Bentley to Spurs for a stupid fee is being reported quite a bit today - I wonder if we included a sell-on clause like we did with Pennant and a few others? I've read that it could be as much as £7m but that's probably just speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

If we sell Adebayor and don't sign a replacement I will NOT be happy. We will have zero chance of winning the PL next season if that happens.

would you have said the same at the start of last season though about him?
    Bentley to Spurs for a stupid fee is being reported quite a bit today - I wonder if we included a sell-on clause like we did with Pennant and a few others? I've read that it could be as much as £7m but that's probably just speculation.

it seems certain a clause is in there, but i don't think the amount is known by anyone. i've seen various figures mentioned here and there, 20% in one place, 40% in another... none reliable.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

would you have said the same at the start of last season though about him?
    I didn't expect Arsenal to challenge for the title last season, so yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

40% is also the figure being quoted as what Arsenal can expect if James Harper is sold on from Reading so that could be about right in Bentley's case too (assuming there's a clause there).

As for striking options, I'm a big fan of Bendtner's and think he contributed a lot more in the first half of last season than some people give him credit for but even with a fit Van Persie all season (and as we all know that isn't exactly cast-iron), I don't think he's ready to be a regular first team starter.

I think Van Persie does more deep hold-up play than people remember or realise but my gut feeling is that I'd still like someone brought in if Adebayor goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wreck wrote: »
    Not totally Arsenal related, I'm just surprised that Winterburn will be working with Ince, always thought there was no love lost between the majority of Arsenal players and Ince.

Always had time for Ince, remember we very nearly signed him from Italy, in fact if I recall one paper said it was a done deal.

Players will mostly always get on away from the game so would not be surprised from that point of view, wish Winterburn all the best of luck, delighted for him, he was very very under rated player, would be great to see him back at Arsenal one day, he is also a very good pundit on the tv,so will miss him from Football First.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement