Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best episode?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

I love

yesterdays enterpise

but my favourite episode of all is ds9's "In the pale moonlight", classic storytelling at its very finest

This quote from Ben Sisko sums the episode up very well

"I lied I cheated. I bribed men to cover up the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder, but the most damning thing of all......i think i can live with it.

Watch this episode again and i think youll agree with me

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"Episodes involving Wesley crusher / councilor Troy’s mother / moral dilema about the prime directive / or Dr. palaski don’t count because their all s.h.i.t."

Very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Theres good episodes with wesley, not sure why ppl hate him so much...maybe jealousy...who knows.

ill give you te troi's mother thing, she annoys the hell outta me. Moral dilemma and prime directive episodes dont bother me really, once they arent too frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

if troys mother annoys you then you should hate most episodes... and how can ppl pick out good and bad ones dear lord the are all amazing!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

That Voyager episode 'Counterpoint' is definately one of my favorite episodes - the one where Janeway falls for someone who is trying to capture Voyager illegally transporting telepaths through their space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

ive always liked the voyager eps message in a bottle part 1 & 2, the one when the doc get sent back to the alpha quadrant for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Best Of Both Worlds. ESP the scene where the Enterprise is passing through the wreckage of 39 ships. This scene was gone over again in the Pilot to DS9 if memory serves.

Yesterday's Enterprise. Just a good ol' switch off the brain and watch episode.

ANY of the DS9 2 parters from series 4 ( i think, can't really remember) onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anything with borg in it, oh, and the entire third series of enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Anything with borg in it, oh, and the entire third series of enterprise.
    yep... series 3 of Enterprise was great.. I liked series 4 a lot too.. right up till the last couple of episodes where it all went horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

yep... series 3 of Enterprise was great.. I liked series 4 a lot too.. right up till the last couple of episodes where it all went horrible.

Yeah agreed, in ended smelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah agreed, in ended smelly.
    Except for the very last few seconds... which was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Anything with non-emasculated (i.e. non-Voyager) Borg in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pancho

Anyone remember the episode of TNG when the ship was caught in a time-loop and data was programmed with the number 3 so remind him to use Riker's idea. Can't remember the name but that will always be my fav. star trek episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Pancho wrote:
    Anyone remember the episode of TNG when the ship was caught in a time-loop and data was programmed with the number 3 so remind him to use Riker's idea. Can't remember the name but that will always be my fav. star trek episode.

Cause and Effect. The other ship was the USS Bozeman, commanded by Capt Morgan 'I'm Kelsey grammer, I am' Bateson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pancho

gatecrash wrote:
    Cause and Effect. The other ship was the USS Bozeman, commanded by Capt Morgan 'I'm Kelsey grammer, I am' Bateson.

Yep that was the one, one of Frakes's first directorial outings i believe. He did a great job on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well two episodes come to mind for me. First of all: 'Frame of mind'. I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned this one yet. Its so good they made a song out of it and its also showed how good of an actor Riker was capable of being. Can't go on about it enough. Anyone remember that episode?

Frame of Mind was a brilliant episode. Best not to say too much, as that would spoil it for anyone that never saw it. It is that kind of episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kiith wrote:
    i'm very surprised that no one has mentioned the ds9 episode, "In the Pale Moonlight" which is an absolute classis

other "classics" would have to be "Far beyond the Stars", where Sisko dreams he's a 1950's science fiction writer. my personnal favourites are "In the Pale Moonlight", "Yesterday's Enterprise", "All Good Things", the first half of the ds9 finale, and many many others that i can't think of right now.
    IT'S A FAAAKE!!!

that's one of my favourites too.

TNG, stardate 45652.1, the typhon expanse. can't think of the name of the episode. it's the one where the enterprise keeps blowing up and then kelsey grammer appears at the end.

TOS, again, can't think of the episode name. the one with the gorn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's simple, Darmok and jalad, at tenagra! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

It's simple, Darmok and jalad, at tenagra! :D

I hope you're joking, Tar. I though that episode was sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Kojak wrote:

Eh? that episode summed up the very idea of star trek in 60 mins it rocked

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kojak wrote:
    Joking? JOKING!? That episode rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Of TNG, I'd say the episode(s) with Lor (data's brother, not sure how to spell it)... and the one where Riker is in the mental asylum trying to use a spoon as a communicator... that episode was such a brilliant head-f*ck :D

Voyager: the one where Tom Paris becomes the first starfleet guy to break warp whatever... and the one where they meet seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LordStarlight

Bah, too many to mention... Cause and Effect always stood out for me though, it's just brilliant. Best of Both Worlds is an obvious classic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

...Voyager: the one where Tom Paris becomes the first starfleet guy to break warp whatever...

Do you mean the one where Paris and Janeway devolve into salamanders and errr... procreate?

You do appreciate, don't you, that this thread is about the best eps ? ;)

That was indeed a terrible episode, in comparison. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Voyager: the one where Tom Paris becomes the first starfleet guy to break warp whatever

Warp 10. ;)

That was a rubbish episode. Probably the best TNG episode was either the 2-parter where Lor gives Data emotions and they control the Borg or the final 2 episodes of the series involving the "anti-time". I won't say anything more in case some people haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

Kojak wrote:
    I won't say anything more in case some people haven't seen it.

its outa production 10 yrs or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Do you mean the one where Paris and Janeway devolve into salamanders and errr... procreate?
    Er, yeah that one. :o
    Well it's something different anyway... beats watching them trying to alter their phasers to match the harmonic frequency of the enemy vessels shields to create a momentary loss of shield power where they can emit a precisely timed photon plasma discharge to disable their internal sensors, then beam the EMH aboard to plant a detonator loaded with borg nanoprobes onto their warp coil inverter manifold and disable their warp engines allowing Voyager to make a clean get-away, at which point Janeway can weigh the moral pros and cons of what she just faced and ponder the other trials they may face on their way home, always settling on cautiously optimistic.
    At least it wasn't as bad as the episode with Tuvox or whatever his name was.
    Leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

any episode where riker had a beard or played his trombone.

although not the best episode, i though the one involving dr crusher with an ever dwindling crew and a constantly shrinking universe had the potential for a classic.

as things begin to go wrong and crew start to disappear, no one except crusher seems to be aware of this. i loved at the end of the episode when everybody other than herself and picard had vanished and she gets the computer to constantly verbally relay his vital signs. after picard speaks to her and allays her fears, she casually turns away for a moment to look at something and the computer stops - no more picard.

what ruined this episode was that it told you to early on that she was trapped in some sort of universe that her weasel son had accidentally created. should have only revealed this at the end.

"there are four lights"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

"There are FOUR lights!"

Oh my god, that episode rocked! :D
    That and Sheridan's torture/interrogation in B5 are the two best interrogation scenes after those of 1984! :D

Advertisement