Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best episode?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DS9 - In The Pale Moonlight

Very gritty for a ST show and very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Venom wrote:
    DS9 - In The Pale Moonlight

Very gritty for a ST show and very well done.

Was that the one where he wakes up in a mental institution and is told that all of DS9 is only in his imagination. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Kojak wrote:
    Was that the one where he wakes up in a mental institution and is told that all of DS9 is only in his imagination. :confused:

No in the pale moonlight is the one where sisko trys to trick the romulan empire to declear war on the dominion by useing a faked (its a fake!!) hologram of a dominion meeting discuseing the invasion plans of romulus

Really good one.

bizmark wrote:
    No in the pale moonlight is the one where sisko trys to trick the romulan empire to declear war on the dominion by useing a faked (its a fake!!) hologram of a dominion meeting discuseing the invasion plans of romulus

Really good one.

On yes, I remember that episode. Your right, very good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I quite liked the Voyager that was on yesterday. The one where they did the slipstream thing and Voyager crashed on the Ice Planet of Hoth after being shot down by one of the Rebellion Ion Cannons.

One of the really strange things in it was the 'battle' between a Galaxy class ship (Challenger, Capt Geordi La Forge) and the Delta Flyer. Before the Challenger opens fire Geordi contacts Chakotay and is waffling on about how he might be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed. But why oh why does it look like he's either in the briefing room or the captains ready room when hes trying to talk Chakotay out of their plan. There is a starfield clearly visible behind him, which wouldn't be the case unless the Challengers bridge is completely different to any other Galaxy class we've seen. If you have a lunatic fugitive who is going to completely wipe out your existence, cos he's going to attempt to change history then I'd be thinking go in guns blazing and ask questions of the wreckage later.
    The other thing is the inability of the Challenger to blow the bejaysus out of the flyer. This is the same class of ship that was once the Federation flagship. Once upon a time this was the biggest baddest piece of kit that Starfleet put to space in. How can a li'l shuttle stand up to it?

• Advertisement

gatecrash wrote:
    I quite liked the Voyager that was on yesterday. The one where they did the slipstream thing and Voyager crashed on the Ice Planet of Hoth after being shot down by one of the Rebellion Ion Cannons.

One of the really strange things in it was the 'battle' between a Galaxy class ship (Challenger, Capt Geordi La Forge) and the Delta Flyer. Before the Challenger opens fire Geordi contacts Chakotay and is waffling on about how he might be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed. But why oh why does it look like he's either in the briefing room or the captains ready room when hes trying to talk Chakotay out of their plan. There is a starfield clearly visible behind him, which wouldn't be the case unless the Challengers bridge is completely different to any other Galaxy class we've seen. If you have a lunatic fugitive who is going to completely wipe out your existence, cos he's going to attempt to change history then I'd be thinking go in guns blazing and ask questions of the wreckage later.
    The other thing is the inability of the Challenger to blow the bejaysus out of the flyer. This is the same class of ship that was once the Federation flagship. Once upon a time this was the biggest baddest piece of kit that Starfleet put to space in. How can a li'l shuttle stand up to it?

Gordi was talking to him from his ready room or something clearly he wasnt to trilled in being ordered to destroy the flyer and the 3 people onboared so was takeing it easy and trying to give then a deal in private that starfleet didnt order id imagen .....Still it only took a few shots to cause a warp core breech

bizmark wrote:
    Gordi was talking to him from his ready room

Funny how Geordi's ready-room looked very familiar to the layout of Voyager's meeting room. ;)

Those federation designers should come up with a different design. :D

Kojak wrote:
    Funny how Geordi's ready-room looked very familiar to the layout of Voyager's meeting room. ;)

Those federation designers should come up with a different design. :D

Yey crazy bastards seem to design a different bridge lay out for every single ship of every single class thats got to get costly :)

bizmark wrote:
    Gordi was talking to him from his ready room or something clearly he wasnt to trilled in being ordered to destroy the flyer and the 3 people onboared so was takeing it easy and trying to give then a deal in private that starfleet didnt order id imagen .....Still it only took a few shots to cause a warp core breech

I'd still do the guns blazing option. Chakotay, Kim and 'er indoors are about to wipe out that whole timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hmm if its any series of any star trek, gotta be the DS9 Series 5 ep 8 "Things Past" love it! :D

• Advertisement

gatecrash wrote:
    I'd still do the guns blazing option. Chakotay, Kim and 'er indoors are about to wipe out that whole timeline.

Guess gordi figured 1 ship returning to the federation wouldnt change history much .....And he was right apart from the anti borg "omg i know what it is to be god" weapons nothing much did change

bizmark wrote:
    Guess gordi figured 1 ship returning to the federation wouldnt change history much .....And he was right apart from the anti borg "omg i know what it is to be god" weapons nothing much did change

Ya see now we could go off on a whole "But HOW do we know nothing's changed?" tangent. I'll resist the temptation. Makes for one of those 'What If' books that military historians like writing. Haven't actually read them but the premise is good.

The only thing I will say is that Picard didn't allow too much get in his way to try and stop Soren in Generations. (the fact that himself and Kirk changed history kinda nullifies my point but I'm just being argumentative here!! ;) )

I would've thought Geordi would have been a little more concerned with the past 15 years of history, all the lives that had started and ended in that time etc, than 150 lives abourd an intrepid class ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmmm.. favorites episodes....

TOS (seeing as I'm watching a lot of it on Sci-fi lately): Mirror Mirror (unfortunately the DS9 sequels just weren't as good - preferred the Diane Duane "Dark Mirror" take on it myself :)), The Doomsday Machine, City on the Edge of Forever, Space Seed.

TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise, Best of Both Worlds, The Inner Light, All Good Things.

DS9: Improbable Cause/The Die is Cast, The Visitor, Far Beyond The Stars, In The Pale Moonlight, Waltz, What You Leave Behind (Part 1)

VOY: Year Of Hell, Message In A Bottle, Dark Frontier, Course Oblivion, Someone To Watch Over Me, Shattered, Endgame

ENT: Pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

TOS = the episode with shater v the romulan cap dammit cant rem episod ename also mirror mirror was good

TNG Yesterdays enterpise was great so was Decent parts I and II gambit part I and II where decent i thought redempetion was good but need a battle

DS9 Lots of good episodes so i cant name them not enough time (in work)

VOY Year of Hell Hunters Prey Message in a bottle

ENT I liked the last 8 or 10 episodes in season 3 and i reley liked the 3 parters in season 4 tho Human Upgrades and dammit im brain dead ill edit this when i get home

TAS = lol j/k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    ENT: Pass!

Actually I take that back.. I did enjoy the 2-part "In a mirror, darkly", but that's it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Slice wrote:
    That Voyager episode 'Counterpoint' is definately one of my favorite episodes - the one where Janeway falls for someone who is trying to capture Voyager illegally transporting telepaths through their space.
    I saw this episode yesterday, brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

last two eps of voyager.

End game i think their called ?

anti wrote:
    last two eps of voyager.

End game i think their called ?

A good episode alright, but if you took some of their earlier episodes about 29th century lads "protecting the time-line", this episode wouldn't have happened.

From an entertainment point of view reasonably good, but from a continunity point of view ......

Thats star trek for you. there are millions of errors they make. Still enjoyable tv all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Kiith wrote:
    i'm very surprised that no one has mentioned the ds9 episode, "In the Pale Moonlight" which is an absolute classic

My all time favourite star trek episode, i love it to bits.

Pretty much every episode with either Garak or Gul Du Kat are brilliant. Esp the short lived arc with Gul Du Kat back in charge of DS9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

Not sure if it has been mentioned.

DS9 - Take me out to the Holosuite is probably one of my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

didnt you just love the fact that rom gets to sleep with one of the hottest women who ever shows up in star trek (also he ends up ruling the ferengi empire)

ironic huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

'Schisms' TNG season 6 .

Fantastic episode, Also 'the Inner light' TNG season 5 is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

definately up there is the episode from Voyager where they discover theyre clones and die one by one. Not very uplifting but it had some edge to it.

Advertisement