Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling parts in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    I just got an Eheim 1250 pump delivered today, the only missing piece of my watercooling puzzle and it was broken on arrival (pic)

I'm sending it back and the refund is already sorted, so I am planning to go downtown on Saturday and buy another one. Are there any pc modding shops, or even aquarium/pet shops that I could have a look for anything suitable?
    I am looking for one of the following (in order of preference):
    1) Just the part to replace the broken intake plastic ring of the above mentioned Eheim 1250.
    2) A new Eheim 1250
    3) A Hydor L25 or L30

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

try peats.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

awhir wrote:
    try peats.ie

they dont do watercooling pumps and it is now peats.com ;)

your best bet is to buy from hitide.ie and ask can you collect it on the weekend (its a bit far out though to collect though)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Thanks for the replies guys. iirc, I've never seen anything watercooling-like in Peats.

gline: nice shop, haven't seen it before. However they only have one pump in their catalog. I'll send them an email.

Any other suggestions for pet shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Water-cooling pumps need a good waterflow to heat dump ratio, thats why most watercooling stores carry a limited selection so even if you found a pet shop selling pumps with the right fittings it wouldn't be worth your while to use it as it would raise temps with 90% of the pumps out there.

Advertisement