Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT blaming Eircom

• 18-05-2006 3:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I had a situation a few weeks back whereby i couldn't call a UK number, so i call BT...since my line rental is with them.

And guess what?...they tell me to call Eircom, wtf?
    So i call Eircom, and guess what?....they won't even take my call nor help since i don't have an Eircom account number and my provider is BT, go back to BT they tel me...wtf?

So i go back to BT and tell them what Eircom said, i say flat out...like WHO has my line service and getting my money? ....YOU!

I mean, we all know they are only renting and sh*t from Eircom and they own the network, but my point to BT was i'm not signed up with Eircom so why the hell should i have to call them?

YOU (BT) should be supporting ME, the paying customer. They really have a shockingly poor level of service over at BT, the staff fight you over everything, loads of them have like not only insulted my intellegence and also flat out insulted me.

When you know more then them or catch them out they say, whatever!, i kid you not. You ask for their last name they refuse and spout some security BS...like i'm gonna take one of them out with a machine gun, please!

They tell lies constantly, most don't know their ar*e from their elbow, i am starting to wonder if BT have a POLICY to give customers the run around?

If they owe you money do they try keep the money as a policy?... do they try earn interest off the money they have taken from you from overcharging and deliberately trying to avoid paying it back?

Consider the margins are tight and they have to undercut Eircom to get customers, so it's policy to overcharge and make billing errors, keep the customer chasing BT for months and hope they get tired...if they leave so what?...we've earned 8 months of interest.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Agree completely with you and do think BT has a policy of giving the customer the run around. I believe they train their people to deflect complaints as much as possible because either their software or their management is inept.

I also believe they are set up to take your money as easily and illegally as possible and the system seems to be set up in a way that makes it damn near impossible to get it back in a reasonable time period, if at all.

Like could the OP like please refrain from using like every 3 seconds like as this seriously like melts my head like (no offence) ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

clown bag wrote:
    Like could the OP like please refrain from using like every 3 seconds like as this seriously like melts my head like (no offence) ;)

Edited to avoid head melting syndrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Edited to avoid head melting syndrome.

muchos gracious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

And this has what exactly to do with a broadband issue?

Surely the IrelandOffline forum would be a better place for this rant - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This really does my head in as well. I had a problem recently with my phone line and the person on the phone told me I'd had to get on to Eircom as it's their problem....I mean what kind of system is in place there? I'm paying Bt, and I'm fobbed off on the phone and told to ring Eircom, who are not exactly a pinnacle of helpfulness when I'm calling regarding a BT issue...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm paying BT for my Broadband and my calls but still paying UTV for line rental. BT say there was a problem (not that they told me anything about it) but that it should be sorted in a "couple of weeks" - 4 months afer starting the transfer process and 4 months of paying full-whack for line rental...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well, I say screw €ircon, I went with BT, I got my line activated nearly a week before the due date. And the only billing issue that I had was the fact that they charged me the extra €5 a month, plus the "extra" week I got, mind you they wouldnt have known I had broadband for an extra week if I didnt have to call tech support only to find that I had to add "@btbb" after the username in order to login.

I called them and they said they would credit my bill by €25.

Also, I get far better performance from BT than anyone that I know using errorcom

Advertisement