Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link router sometimes slow

Options
  • 18-05-2006 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

My old Linksys gave up, so I replaced it with a D-Link DI-524. It works fine, except now and then it seems to be very slow and I'd be waiting minutes for a page to load. Often the symptoms have the page appearing immediately but the images taking forever to load. Sometimes the page itself takes forever. Sometimes it keeps saying can't connect to the page immediately after I attempt to load or refresh it (though this hasn't been happening of late).

I'm not sure, but it seems to most happen when my torrent client is open. When it's happening, I even have difficulty reaching the router's own interface at 192.168.1.1
    It happens in both IE and Opera on both my PCs (one wirlessly connected, the other wirefully) and it never happened on the old Linksys. Oh, and the router is using the latest firmware (in fact, they haven't made any new revisions since the router was released).

I'm not sure what else I need to say. Many thanks to any who care to offer advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check D-Link sites from other countries (Especially australia), they seem to be very weird about how they distribute firmware upgrades. My DSL-G604T shipped with firmware dated last summer, which is the latest UK firmware. I flashed it with the latest australia firmware which is much more recent, and it has been far more reliable ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I looked around. The Australian site had some weird version 2.0b0 something firmware, for revision B of the router, and I've got revision D0 and firmware version 4.00. Any other ideas?

Advertisement