Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor help

• 18-05-2006 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

My head is offically wrecked, I've spoken to meteor, and they guy was supposed to ring me back about this, he hasnt that was yesterday morning. I have looked on the website and I can't find an answer to my question!

You know if you have pictures in your gallery on your phone and you want to send them to your meteor account???? How in the name of God do you do it?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Try 'yournumber'@local.mms.mymeteor.ie

That should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Try 'yournumber'@local.mms.mymeteor.ie

That should do the trick.

It doesnt seem to be working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Do you mean from your meteor number to your meteor address or from another network or what? :confused:

I mean from my my meteor phone to my meteor email address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Type in your email address in the send to field when sending the mms message.

eg. <name>@meteor.ie

I do this all the time and it works grand.

• Advertisement

ta very much. How long does it normally take?

As soon as it says Multimedia Message Sent on your phone, it's in your inbox about 20 seconds later.

Stupid feckin meteor with its stupid lameness, Ive mailed them to get a respnse with no answer in it, then they havent mailed me back. I mean for god sake!

Also the whole thing of sending it normally to my email didnt work, Ive tried like:mad: 3 times.

EDIT

So I have checked my calls, I have sent mms, which I have been charged for and none have arrived.

I rang meteor explained my situation, and the girl told me it wasnt possible to send mms to my email.

Then I explained it to her again, and she said she would get the information and to hold, she then hung up on me. Oh and I have her name. What an idiot.

Then I rang back , I asked for a supervisor immedietley and was told Id have to wait. Now they are going to ring me back this afternoon.

I dont knwo if I mention ed before but I rang previously a couple of weeks ago and was given the incorrect information then aswell.

Seriously... has anybody even had this kind of problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i;ve had loads of problems sending mms messages to other networks and most e-mails but i can send them to my hotmail account. maybe try that and see (if you have a hotmail account that is)

never rang support though so can't say anything about that.

bluetooth FTW :D

Still waiting on a call... Boooourns Meteor

• Advertisement

Well it has always worked for me, I'm always send it to my gmail account and it works fine. I've never tried it for my meteor email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mobiles/PDAs would have better answers for you, ring Meteor back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

silas wrote:
    Type in your email address in the send to field when sending the mms message.

eg. <name>@meteor.ie

I do this all the time and it works grand.

Brilliant suggestion, one thing though. When I come to send it it wont let me enter an email address just phone numbers. I always assumed my photos were stuck on my phone and there are several I would love to grab off it even though they will only be matchbox sized. Still though :( My phone is a Sagem myX5-2V. Any ideas on how to transfer them?? It also has an Infra Red capabilities but I don't have any IR receiver. I'm on Meteor Prepay also.

netwhizkid wrote:
    Brilliant suggestion, one thing though. When I come to send it it wont let me enter an email address just phone numbers. I always assumed my photos were stuck on my phone and there are several I would love to grab off it even though they will only be matchbox sized. Still though :( My phone is a Sagem myX5-2V. Any ideas on how to transfer them?? It also has an Infra Red capabilities but I don't have any IR receiver. I'm on Meteor Prepay also.
    Ah right, that could cause you a bit of a problem alright. I have a 6230i that lets you email things as well, so that's why I'm allowed

If your phone has bluetooth then you can get a bluetooth dongle for your PC to transfer the files over. If you can get a USB cable & software you could do so as well (might be able to get one off ebay, I've seen Sagem ones before on the net).

I think there might be a number you can send your mms messages to to get them onto your account (maybe I'm confusing that with vodafone). If you post on the Mobiles / PDA Devices Forum you might get better answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

silas wrote:
    Ah right, that could cause you a bit of a problem alright. I have a 6230i that lets you email things as well, so that's why I'm allowed

If your phone has bluetooth then you can get a bluetooth dongle for your PC to transfer the files over. If you can get a USB cable & software you could do so as well (might be able to get one off ebay, I've seen Sagem ones before on the net).

I think there might be a number you can send your mms messages to to get them onto your account (maybe I'm confusing that with vodafone). If you post on the Mobiles / PDA Devices Forum you might get better answers.

I figured out how to type in letters into the send menu and low and behold it worked :) The only thing is it cost 30 cent per photo so it is a little pricey however worth it if in a hurry to get it up though. I am looking on eBay right now for a lead or IR device. ;) Thanks for the Info you Albino Opus Dei fella (can't wait till tomorrow)

Advertisement