Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dumbledore a phoenix

Options
  • 18-05-2006 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

hagrid is part giant
    fluer is part veella(or however its spelt)
    Madam Hootch has Hawk eyes
    Flint strongly resembles a Troll
    so y cant dumbly be part pheonix when he was put into the casket it burst into flames (burning day)(maybe it takes longer when you are half phoenix)The flames formed a Phoenix until it abrutly died, and Harry did think that this fire-Phoenix rose joyfully into the air.
    There was a remark in bk5 when they were taking their OWLs about Dumbledore knew tricks with his wand (at 15!) that the Examiner hadn't seen.
    I'd read somewhere that Phoenixes only remain with one person. And Fawkes had at one time been Godric's(meaning dumbly could have been godric)
    dumbly was never afraid of death
    It's also been noted that Dumbledore had been looking more tired (granted he was something like 150) but he had also made a remark about Fawkes having delayed his Burning Day and looking dreadful in bk2 and each present life of a Phoenix is a long time.

he is very wise and speaks many languages which he could have picked up over the many many years

the only reason i think this is a bit "off" is that even the teachers were sad when he died and they should know if it is true

what do you think

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The reason I think it's a bit "off" is how exactly do you explain how a bird and a human could possibly mate and produce offspring? Your idea is ludacris, sorry. Giants and Veela are humanoid, so it's entirely possible for them to mate with humans. "Hawk eyes" is just a phrase, it means keen eyesight. Not that she literally has the eyes of a hawk. Flint resembles a troll, not is one. There are many other holes I could pick, but I'm too lazy.

By basic biology, it's absolutely physically impossible.

Congrats, that's the most far out theory I've ever heard... in my life. About anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

you cant say this is impossible do you personally know what JKR is going to write are you one hundred percent sure im wrong

phoenixes dont exsist anyway so JKR can make up a way there are 7 uses for dragon blood and i think we have only heard of 2 maybe somewhere along the line mixing human and dragon blood could maybemake you half dragon anything could have happened we didnt know about priori incantartum until it happened so maybe this is the same idea we wont know until it happens

I'm going to quote myself because you clearly didn't read my post.
    Faith wrote:

Also, considering that it isn't even your theory, you should credit the original author.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Faith wrote:

You're talking about a harry potter book, when the fcuk has basic biology ever applied?

thank you obviously its hard to get through to this guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Play nice people.

I will agree with Faith that it is far out, but as RotalicaV has mentioned, it is Harry Potter here. Far out ideas tend to be more entertaining, and thats what we, as the consumer, want.

If we question the idea of a human with Phoenix blood we may aswell question flying broomsticks, mermaids, and the whole concept of magic.

thank you

very well said

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Faith wrote:

Congrats, that's the most far out theory I've ever heard... in my life. About anything.

Well, actually if you look at the whole werewolf thing you can see that to turn into something else it isn't that difficult, i.e. get bitten by a werewolf you turn into one. Maybe you have to drink phoniex tears to get some of the phoniex's magical qualities??? They are meant to be very magical creatures. Who knows what JKR will come up with? I hope its something great though!
    Just my take on things...:)
    B4N,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Faith wrote:
    The reason I think it's a bit "off" is how exactly do you explain how a bird and a human could possibly mate and produce offspring?

So how the hell can a fish and a human mate(to produce off-spring-mermaids)?? That too is absolutely and physically impossible:D:D

• Advertisement

You really missed out on something about mermaids...

Mermaids are their own species, not half-breeds.

oh! well then why can't what alic is saying be true aswell??? Dumbledore could be the last half phoenix,
    because even if mermaids are a specific species there still half human.
    Back to the Dumbledore theory, because its not like Dumbledore is going to be having kids any time soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Knoodles! wrote:
    oh! well then why can't what alic is saying be true aswell??? Dumbledore could be the last half phoenix,
    because even if mermaids are a specific species there still half human.

Yes, but mermaids have physical attributes of a fish, eg: a whopper tail instead of legs.
    I can't remember Dumbledore being described as having wings for arms.

So is Dumbledore a phoenix/half phoenix?
    Doubt it. Very much.

Maybe he takes a potion to prevent from turning back into a birdy-human, thingymabob????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

This is the stupidest, most pointless thread. Ever.

odhran wrote:

QFT

Faith wrote:
    QFT
    Thank you... I think.

odhran wrote:

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lorraine23

explain buckbeak(witherwings) then!

Why?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Personally I think the theory is a little far-fetched, but that wasn't what bugged me. I was merely irritated by the descent into pointless jibing and arguing, as well as the lack of logic demonstrated by a lot of posters (it applies even with regard to Harry Potter!) I'm not begrudging people their opinions, I just wish that some people would put a little more reasoning into their theories.

• Advertisement

even though i started this thread and still believe this may be what signifficance will it have besides DD still being alive i mean if he is part pheonix then he will have to grow up again or if the whole half phoenix thoery is true then maybe he can start off at a different time

and for all of you who think this is a pointless thread why are you reading and posting then let us discuss it without your critisism

odhran wrote:
    Sorry for the delay in responding. Personally I think the theory is a little far-fetched, but that wasn't what bugged me. I was merely irritated by the descent into pointless jibing and arguing, as well as the lack of logic demonstrated by a lot of posters (it applies even with regard to Harry Potter!) I'm not begrudging people their opinions, I just wish that some people would put a little more reasoning into their theories.

Yes, there was some pointless jibing, and I hope I wasn't coming off agressive with my single word post. :)

However, I still don't think reasoning and logic can exist in a world where broomsticks can fly, trees have lives of their own etc.

In the world of Harry Potter, the idea of Dumbledore being half phoenix is entirly plausible, in my opinion. I agree, the logistics of such an....occurance.....defy science, but again, you must not be weighed down by the laws of physics, biology, or chemistry. Lets not forget, Hagrid is half giant. ;)

Perhaps there's another way he could be half phoenix, away from the world of beastiality. Potions, hexes, some form of transfiguration, charms, incantations, spells, lions, tigers and the occasional bear.

I always try to remember one infalible reason for every crazy theory and idea with regards to the Harry Potter books:

Its Majuck! :)

alic wrote:
    and for all of you who think this is a pointless thread why are you reading and posting then let us discuss it without your critisism

This is a discussion board. Where discussion happens. That includes people who both agree and disagree with things being ... discussed.

Criticism helps give a more rounded view of things.

Whilst I still think the idea is absolutely absurd, I will concede that a lot of things don't obey the normal rules in the world of Harry Potter and it is - remotely - possible. I'd be disgusted if it were true though, unless JKR came up with some amazing explanation.

Yes, there was some pointless jibing, and I hope I wasn't coming off agressive with my single word post. :)

However, I still don't think reasoning and logic can exist in a world where broomsticks can fly, trees have lives of their own etc.

In the world of Harry Potter, the idea of Dumbledore being half phoenix is entirly plausible, in my opinion. I agree, the logistics of such an....occurance.....defy science, but again, you must not be weighed down by the laws of physics, biology, or chemistry. Lets not forget, Hagrid is half giant. ;)

Perhaps there's another way he could be half phoenix, away from the world of beastiality. Potions, hexes, some form of transfiguration, charms, incantations, spells, lions, tigers and the occasional bear.

I always try to remember one infalible reason for every crazy theory and idea with regards to the Harry Potter books:

Its Majuck! :)

No aggression was assumed, there's no point taking things too seriously :) I know that it's a fantasy world, but there are some things that the scientist in me (I'm a big science geek by the way!) won't let go. As long as the idea of any sort of beastiality is out the window (impossible as well as disgusting... and painful if we're talking about phoenixes!), I suppose that I'm fairly happy.

Geeks for the win! :)

Geeks for the win! :)
    (Lets not forget, Hagrid is half giant)

a few people did say how could a human mate with a bird just hou could a small human like hagrids dad mate with a giant just the thought makes me laugh in discust

alic wrote:
    (Lets not forget, Hagrid is half giant)

a few people did say how could a human mate with a bird just hou could a small human like hagrids dad mate with a giant just the thought makes me laugh in discust

Maybe our old friend the turkey baster came into play :) ... I'll shut up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

odhran wrote:
    Maybe our old friend the turkey baster came into play :) ... I'll shut up now.

lol:D

Advertisement