Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode bar, Clontarf

Options
  • 18-05-2006 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

is it still full of kids? the second last time i was there the bouncers decided not to let us in. were all in our mid 20's and don't really bring id out with us. when we asked the bouncers did we really look 17 they politley told us to f**k off. politley.

then the last time we were there i still had no id but they let me in. it was like an under 18's disco. i felt old in there. i happened to know some of the kids and they were in a group of about 10 or 15 and i'd say the average age was 17.

is it still the same? is it still full of kids for matchs?

i remember the days when it was good. when it first opened.

Comments

yes its still pretty young, the bouncers have changed a few times over the last year
    the only time theres an older crowd eg over 22-23 is in sundays
    but they are still really strict
    just less violent now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah i heard that about sundays.

when you say the older crowd is 22-23, how many people in there 30's are reading this thinking, what does that make me?

well yes. you should go to barrys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Good food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'm 19 and last time i was there i almost felt old, but then i hate places like that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good food though.

Must have changed as the last time I was there the food as terrible,really bad.

• Advertisement

Or maybe intoxication was interfering with my sense of taste.
    But I recall their nachoes and 'pimp' burger to be quite deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

my cousin gets in... shes 16!!!

avoid the place like the plague

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

god last summer/last year it was kickin for the 10-21 crowd, how places change....,sigh... well its miles from me and in a craphole so i guess thats a plus...to d2<mounts pony>

Magic Pips wrote:
    my cousin gets in... shes 16!!!

avoid the place like the plague

Why?
    Is she that ugly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Why would you want to go to a place where the bouncers tell you to **** off?

• Advertisement

They don't tell everyone to **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Barcode is deadly, I only ever got refused there once and in fairness I was insanely drunk.. Just be sensible like don't go up to the door in groups of 6 or something.. Also you will never get refused if you are a member of westwood gym..

ill never be going again. if i want to drink with kids, i'll hang around the hurley burley fun centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I have been in barcode quite a bit, and they always do ID checks, I would be extremely surprised if anyone in there was underage.

Barcode gets a croud everynight, any weekday I have been in there the place has been jammers, I dont know anyother club in Dublin that draws that sort of croud midweek.

Im 24 on thursday and love barcode, I think its a good mix of age group

tom-thebox wrote:
    I have been in barcode quite a bit, and they always do ID checks, I would be extremely surprised if anyone in there was underage.

Would you be shocked to think they use fake IDs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Man, the place is full of underagers ffs. I know because alot of them would be friends of my little bro or sis. Hell, I've even walked in with my mates brothers and sisters who have fakes!

So whats the solution, are you saying verification of ID's should be better?

From my experience I have been there quite a lot and have never belived anyone was underage.

I understand Tack may be sore from being refused or what not and a lot of other people in Dublin have been refused from places and might relate to his predicament, I am only sharing my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

From my experience I have been there quite a lot and have never belived anyone was underage.

Do you check your glasses into the cloakroom as well as your jacket?

sunnyjim wrote:
    Do you check your glasses into the cloakroom as well as your jacket?

:D I dont wear glasses sunnyjim, only when its sunny and I want to look cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Off topicness: I was in Slapper face jacks (the shame) not so long ago and chatted up a girl for about 15 minutes before i discoverd it was her 18th birthday...that was the first time in my life i felt old!! :eek:

I'm 23. I hate places like that!!
    On the other hand, if you want to feel young, go to Bojangles!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

tom-thebox wrote:
    So whats the solution, are you saying verification of ID's should be better?

I understand Tack may be sore from being refused or what not and a lot of other people in Dublin have been refused from places and might relate to his predicament, I am only sharing my experience.

I think my experience and that of 90% of people who go there would tell you there is a large underage contingent... you know where you see a girl a think man she's got a deadly body... i wonder will she keep it after she hits 20!:rolleyes:

i dont know how there is any debate over the under age drinkers in there. open your eyes the next time your in there.

fake id's have taken a new level. not like in my days when i had a dodgy DCU college ID. my girlfriends little brother has a fake passport. this thing is top quality. think it cost him €20. the difference is the bouncers. if he goes to spirit they laugh at him. they dont care about his ID. if he goes to barocde, he strolls in.

its a shame barcode is grequented by kids. its a lovely bar and a lovely layout. pints arn't great but the girls are easy on the eyes. if i ver go there again it would only ever be on a Sunday nite when i've heard the crowd is older. and its a school night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

i dont know how there is any debate over the under age drinkers in there. open your eyes the next time your in there.

fake id's have taken a new level. not like in my days when i had a dodgy DCU college ID. my girlfriends little brother has a fake passport. this thing is top quality. think it cost him €20. the difference is the bouncers. if he goes to spirit they laugh at him. they dont care about his ID. if he goes to barocde, he strolls in.

ffs go somewhere else if you dont like it then, theres about 50 nightclubs in Dublin.. if the 'underage drinkers' were as obvious as u are saying the place would have been shut down ages ago.. also its owned by a gardai.. yes its full of 18-20 year olds but so are a lot of clubs around, if you dont like that then go to D2 or Club M or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I used to go there regularly when I was 22 and I was always stopped. Once I was even questioned as the bouncers were suspicious despite the fact that I had ID. They seem strict enough to me.

I was there last nite for a few hours and the dizzy chinese girl in the cloakroom gave my jacket away, I was gonna murder her. Theres a camera there so Ive to call them tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Place is full of f*cking kids.

No more needs to be said on the matter.

Repli wrote:
    ffs go somewhere else

i do
    if you dont like it then, theres about 50 nightclubs in Dublin..

i know
    if you dont like that then go to D2 or Club M or something..

i'd rather eat glass

Well at least you're not fussy.

I hear Barrys Hotel is good for an old bird, gidde up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

its a dump they let kids in and not people of proper age

Advertisement